The Weeden or What if Tebow or Johnny Football (or any other QB out there) mega thread *merged*

CashMan

Reaction score
Dude, c'mon. Lumping JF in with Hardy, Brent and Peterson and Ray Rice is really unfair. Those guys committed felony crimes. Manziel is guilty of being a frat boy with the responsibility of winning the Heisman Trophy. I might've been Johnny Football at is age, partying and hanging in Vegas with hot chicks.

I'm sure as hell not Greg Hardy.

You were an NFL QB, that had a picture of you doing coke(implying from the picture), circulating the interwebz? I was grouping him in with troublemakers/people you do not have common sense.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Weeden or What if Tebow or Johnny Football (or any other QB out there) mega thread *merged*
lol. I love the mods on this site (two thumbs up).

I'm an SEC guy and didn't pay a lot of attention to Brandon Weeden at Oklahoma State. Exactly what did he DO at OSU to merit being drafted? Did he regress after making it to the NFL? I hope someone will provide insight into his skills and not talk about how his offensive weapons aided him at OSU.

Again I am an SEC guy. I said Tim Tebow was a fullback playing quarterback long before he went pro. That opinion never changed. It did not surprise me at all how fast John Elway kicked his butt to the gutter to enter the Peyton Manning sweepstakes. Manning. Tebow. That's like comparing filet mignon and really really REALLY bad beef jerky. I just do not get why Tebow's disciples are so gosh darn dedicated.

One can never tell what Jerry Jones may or may not do. I do not think he will go after Johnny Manziel. The draft served Manziel up on a silver platter and Jones passed. Regardless of the external influences of his ultimate decision, that was very atypical of Jones. I predict Jones will wait until the spring to select Romo's successor. Then again, if Jones trades for Manziel, it would be a case of a fool acquiring a fool. Manziel is a volatile idiot who may make Ryan Leaf look tame in nature over the long run. Manziel's talent exceeds Leaf's though. That is the gamble intertwined with making the move to get Manziel--namely, shaky boom or bust potential.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
lol. I love the mods on this site (two thumbs up).

I'm an SEC guy and didn't pay a lot of attention to Brandon Weeden at Oklahoma State. Exactly what did he DO at OSU to merit being drafted? Did he regress after making it to the NFL? I hope someone will provide insight into his skills and not talk about how his offensive weapons aided him at OSU.

Again I am an SEC guy. I said Tim Tebow was a fullback playing quarterback long before he went pro. That opinion never changed. It did not surprise me at all how fast John Elway kicked his butt to the gutter to enter the Peyton Manning sweepstakes. Manning. Tebow. That's like comparing filet mignon and really really REALLY bad beef jerky. I just do not get why Tebow's disciples are so gosh darn dedicated.

One can never tell what Jerry Jones may or may not do. I do not think he will go after Johnny Manziel. The draft served Manziel up on a silver platter and Jones passed. Regardless of the external influences of his ultimate decision, that was very atypical of Jones. I predict Jones will wait until the spring to select Romo's successor. Then again, if Jones trades for Manziel, it would be a case of a fool acquiring a fool. Manziel is a volatile idiot who may make Ryan Leaf look tame in nature over the long run. Manziel's talent exceeds Leaf's though. That is the gamble intertwined with making the move to get Manziel--namely, shaky boom or bust potential.

The story (true or not) is that Jerry wasn't going to pass on ole Johnny. I doubt he could help himself again.
The best thing for the case is that Johnny hasn't played and some of the bling around him might have depleted.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if Jason told him there would be very serious consequences if he drafted Manziel. I expect Stephen told him something else.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I'd rather Hoyer be our backup if Cleveland decides to go all in on Manziel. That's a much better scenario.

Hoyer would be a nice backup here for sure.
But he's been better than Manziel all along and their team is 6-3 this year and were 3-0 last year with him starting. He's not going anywhere.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if Jason told him there would be very serious consequences if he drafted Manziel. I expect Stephen told him something else.

I'm certain that Jason didn't want Manziel. Not sure about the Stephen.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score

Jason doesn't carry that kind of weight, Steven on the other hand does. He can have JJ committed.:laugh:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The story (true or not) is that Jerry wasn't going to pass on ole Johnny. I doubt he could help himself again.
The best thing for the case is that Johnny hasn't played and some of the bling around him might have depleted.
Yep. That's why I said, "Regardless of the external influences of his ultimate decision, that was very atypical of Jones." :) I think Jones still sees Manziel as a shiny new toy. However, one thing Jones has demonstrated in the past 25 years is his initial compulsiveness. The lure for Manziel is not as strong as it was initially in my opinion. That will be the deciding factor I think.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Yep. That's why I said, "Regardless of the external influences of his ultimate decision, that was very atypical of Jones." :) I think Jones still sees Manziel as a shiny new toy. However, one thing Jones has demonstrated in the past 25 years is his initial compulsiveness. The lure for Manziel is not as strong as it was initially in my opinion. That will be the deciding factor I think.

Steven probably threatened the old boy with getting him banned from strip clubs. What ever works.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It closed before the train wreck that was Weeden.

They seen Weeden all throughout camp and many days at practice through out the year since they have been letting Tony rest.

I am pretty sure they knew what Weeden has and does not have.

So again I ask...The trade deadline just passed, why wait until it opens again?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I had the same thought. Manziel could easily make or break the established chemistry of the team. A lot of Manziel's hoped for conformity would depend on how well Jason and he meshed. I recall stories of him clashing with Kevin Sumlin at Texas A&M. Sumlin does not strike me as a coach who cannot manage player personalities. If the stories were true, I wonder how much of the nonsense between Sumlin and Manziel fell solely at the feet of the latter?

joseephuss

Reaction score
Say whatever you want, what's "laughable" are the excuse-makers trying (and failing) to minimize it. Fact is they showed yet another malcontent that you can get whatever you want in Dallas by causing problems. And get to keep the money!

$3 million screams very differently.

Again, no one is making excuses or ignoring what has happened. The only one ignoring things is you. You ignore the fact that Orton didn't want to be in Dallas. That is the most important fact about this. What was your solution for keeping Orton on the team? Why would you do so? If the guy is a malcontent as you say, then what would be the point of keeping him around?

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Again, no one is making excuses or ignoring what has happened. The only one ignoring things is you. You ignore the fact that Orton didn't want to be in Dallas. That is the most important fact about this. What was your solution for keeping Orton on the team? Why would you do so? If the guy is a malcontent as you say, then what would be the point of keeping him around?

You could have fined the mess out of him until he came in but then you'd have forced him here. So the next question is do you want to have a QB out there...at the end of his career...who didn't want to play for you, was pissed off at the club for taking his dream away to start in the NFL, and who might sabotage you consciously or unconsciously?

I guess the answer was no.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
lmao. Name the sport. Contracts mean squat to professional athletes if they are disgruntled. Kyle Orton would have either retired or intentionally played at a subpar or crap level. At least when Brandon Weeden plays like crap, he's honest about it.