The worst day in Cowboys history

Loso86

Reaction score
That’s not enough to sell my soul out for the embarrassment and disgrace of ownership since.it certainly doesn’t give him a pass for life.

And we just don’t know what a more respectable ownership might have delivered in all of these years.
Well if your selling your soul at all good luck with that

Loso86

Reaction score
If we had gotten good, sustainable ownership in 89, then who knows what could have happened. We probably wouldn't have the 90's dynasty sure, but we could have won Super Bowls later on and be in a much better position than we are now stuck with one of the worst owners in the league.

The early success was a complete and utter fluke. Not sure how some don't realize this. We really sold our souls to the devil for that dynasty.
No success is a fluke and winning is NOT guaranteed ask the other 20 plus teams that either hVe 1 or NO SBs lol. I'll take what I got and hope for better smdh

Diehardblues

Reaction score
What’s sad is many fans discount those three championships in the 90s and act like his entire tenure as the owner has been a failure. Just look at the title of this thread. The OP is claiming this was the worst day in Cowboys history when it led to three championships in four years. Obviously a lot of Cowboys fans weren’t around back then or weren’t old enough to follow football and enjoy the success. All they know is the disappointments under Jerry. Jerry is in the Hall of Fame and the very first coach he hired is in the Hall of Fame with him along with several players they drafted. The reason the last 26 years has been such a disappointment is because Jerry set the bar very high with the success the team had the first 7 years. Only New England has gone on to accomplish more than the Cowboys did those years.
It wasn’t worth it to me selling my soul out for this disgraceful dysfunctional ownership. I’d rather have taken my chances with the other 2 more formidable bids from Mavs Carter and Lakers Buss.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
It wasn’t worth it to me selling my soul out for this disgraceful dysfunctional ownership. I’d rather have taken my chances with the other 2 more formidable bids from Mavs Carter and Lakers Buss.

You would actually throw away those three championships and take your chances on the others who were in line to purchase the Cowboys if there could be a do over?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Another reason I was so happy Landry and the old regime were gone was the drafts had gotten real bad. The Cowboys had 4 first round picks under Landry go bust in the 80s, Rod Hill, Billy Cannon, Kevin Brooks and Danny Noonan. The bad drafts and Landry’s stuck In the past coaching philosophy led to the floor caving in. I had enough of Landry, Schramm and Gil Brandt. It was time for a big change.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Another reason I was so happy Landry and the old regime were gone was the drafts had gotten real bad. The Cowboys had 4 first round picks under Landry go bust in the 80s, Rod Hill, Billy Cannon, Kevin Brooks and Danny Noonan. The bad drafts and Landry’s stuck In the past coaching philosophy led to the floor caving in. I had enough of Landry, Schramm and Gil Brandt. It was time for a big change.

I though Danny Noonan was somewhat good. Why did you not like him?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You would actually throw away those three championships and take your chances on the others who were in line to purchase the Cowboys if there could be a do over?
Yes, knowing what we know now. And who knows, we could have had more success in the following decades. And certainly more respectability.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I though Danny Noonan was somewhat good. Why did you not like him?

He was drafted to replace an aging Randy White and fell way short. He only started two full seasons and was released during the 92 season.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
He was drafted to replace an aging Randy White and fell way short. He only started two full seasons and was released during the 92 season.

Yeah, anyone drafted after the Manster is going to not work out. Legend....

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Yes, knowing what we know now. And who knows, we could have had more success in the following decades. And certainly more respectability.

You’re a completely out of it or completely full of it if you would give up those three championships and roll the dice with one of the others in line to by the team. The Cowboys enjoyed one of the greatest four year runs in the history of the NFL with 4 straight conference title games and three Super Bowls. No fan in their right mind is giving that up to try and improve the past 26 years. You must think it’s easy winning a Super Bowl. Lol

Blackrain

Reaction score
I really should know better than to take a casual fan serious who hasn’t even been to a Cowboy game and probably never been to Dallas.

They have no idea how serious we take our football here. Thankfully most of the locals here get it.

I try to be professional and not get personal but then they attack me. Something I’ve never experienced anywhere else from Cowboy fans.
Geez Greg what's attacked you somebody on their keypad.
Try being a cowboys fan in the Philadelphia area if you want to know what it's really like to be attacked.
We take our football here in Pennsylvania every bit as serious as you guys do in Texas.

Trust me I'm every bit as frustrated and hate the way Jerry has ruined my team but I also know that I don't have a vote or a voice in the fight to fix it.
So I did the next best thing rather than continually making myself miserable over a situation I can't correct I lowered my expectations to having good football to watch and making the playoffs

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Geez Greg what's attacked you somebody on their keypad.
Try being a cowboys fan in the Philadelphia area if you want to know what it's really like to be attacked.
We take our football here in Pennsylvania every bit as serious as you guys do in Texas.

Trust me I'm every bit as frustrated and hate the way Jerry has ruined my team but I also know that I don't have a vote or a voice in the fight to fix it.
So I did the next best thing rather than continually making myself miserable over a situation I can't correct I lowered my expectations to having good football to watch and making the playoffs
We shouldn’t have any Cowboys fans in Philly unless you’ve moved there. I don’t know any Egirl fans here unless they’re from PA. If you choose to abort your local or regional teams then you will have to deal with it.

I’ve met some good afar fans when I used to travel with the team but they all acknowledged they hopped on and it’s a different mindset than being born into your fandom.

Personally I don’t care until they start bashing me for being too serious of a fan. And they should be supportive of our bashing of Jethro. Instead they want to bash me. Screw ‘em.

And we all have a voice . Depends on how we choose to use it. Fan apathy and it’s effects to revenue is Jethro biggest concern.

Last edited:

Blackrain

Reaction score
We shouldn’t have any Cowboys fans in Philly unless you’ve moved there. I don’t know any Egirl fans here unless they’re from PA. If you choose to abort your local or regional teams then you will have to deal with it.

I’ve met some good afar fans when I used to travel with the team but they all acknowledged they hopped on and it’s a different mindset than being born into your fandom.

Personally I don’t care until they start bashing me for being too serious of a fan. And they should be supportive of our bashing of Jethro. Instead they want to bash me. Screw ‘em.

And we all have a voice . Depends on how we choose to use it. Fan apathy and it’s effects to revenue is Jethro biggest concern. This is why I joined these fan forums.

Thanks for schooling me on how to be a cowboys fan.
What a hoot carry on your crusade Hope you make a difference someday.
I'm out before I get accused of attacking you from my keyboard. Lol.

Don't forget make sure you get the last word

Last edited:

ESisback

Reaction score
You’re a completely out of it or completely full of it if you would give up those three championships and roll the dice with one of the others in line to by the team. The Cowboys enjoyed one of the greatest four year runs in the history of the NFL with 4 straight conference title games and three Super Bowls. No fan in their right mind is giving that up to try and improve the past 26 years. You must think it’s easy winning a Super Bowl. Lol
The hate for Jerry dominates his psyche. Plus, he’s super stubborn…

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Like I said. It hasn’t been worth it. Who knows, we could have had much more.

I can’t imagine anyone knowing what we know now would want what we’ve had and will probably continue to have.

And winning those Super Bowls isn’t worth selling our souls out for this arsehole.

Motorola

Reaction score
aQraYNL.jpg

Feb 25th 1989 I still so vividly recall watching on WFAA local Channel 8. The day everything changed in Cowboys history.

“In the last three decades the Cowboys have returned to the top of the National Football League as the shiniest star of the bunch for marketing purposes. Early on in Jerry’s ownership, they also returned to the top of the league from a competition standpoint as they won three Super Bowls in the first seven years, but ever since then things have been tough sledding.

There is no denying the financial impact that Jerry Jones has had on the Dallas Cowboys, surrounding DFW areas, and even the NFL as a whole. He is in the Pro Football Hall of Fame as an owner. His work on issues outside of the field helped him get there, like the influence he had in returning the league to Los Angeles where the hometown Rams just won the Super Bowl. The Rams played that game in the very palace that was built for them, one that was no doubt inspired by Jerry’s luxurious AT&T Stadium.

All of that is great and notable and makes for interesting books and documentaries. Unfortunately, the thing that matters to most fans is the success of the team on the field, and everything else has started to become frustrating as the team hasn’t appeared in a conference championship game in 26 years.

Think about that. The first seven years with Jerry at the helm as owner, general manager, and president were tons of success. But in the 26 years since, 79% of Jerry’s ownership, have been frustration, drama, and some success, but more of the first two.“

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...ry-jones-bought-the-dallas-cowboys/ar-AAUjX48
Worse DAYS in Dallas Cowboys History:
January 1st, 1967
December 31st, 1967
January 17th, 1971
January 18th, 1976
January 21st, 1979

Was around to see them all.
Lost 5 more NFL Titles in the last minute(s) of the 4th quarter in every one of those championship games.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Like I said. It hasn’t been worth it. Who knows, we could have had much more.

I can’t imagine anyone knowing what we know now would want what we’ve had and will probably continue to have.

And winning those Super Bowls isn’t worth selling our souls out for this arsehole.
I can tell that you love Jerry