The worst officials? Or NFL bias against JJ?

glimmerman

Reaction score
Or when when Malik Davis got his head twisted around by the facemask?

Honestly, I am getting used to the lack of holding penalties every week. and I can understand when their is a pile of people making a tackle how the refs might not see the grab of the facemask. The one that really bother me was the roughing the passer call on Golston. Clearly, the league does not want the networks focusing on those calls which is why they only showed 1 replay, but on that one replay it was clear Golston did not hit Fields in the head or neck area. He extended his arms to push him to the ground. And they cannot argue it was a late hit because tipped the ball or Fields' hand so the throw was effected. It was a critical call at a critical point in the game and if the game were closer and the Bear came back to beat the Cowboys it would be a huge play.
So he tipped the ball on that play. If he tipped the pass or effected the pass then how was it a later hit. Maybe I am missing something.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
Of course nobody bats an eye when Hankins rips a guys helmet off on the first or second play because that benefitted us.
I saw that too, but that was incidental , and the rule is if any time helmet comes out the play is dead on that spot, so how did it benefit us, the RB was smothered by 5 defenders,

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
I am not a conspiracy theorist by any means but that overturned call left me numb for the rest of that drive trying to figure out what I was watching.

There is absolutely no way that anyone can watch that replay and say there is irrefutable evidence to reverse the call. No way whatsoever. If anyone thinks there might be they need to go look up the definition of "irrefutable."

It has me questioning what I am even watching anymore. The fans don't know the rules they are playing by.

I am no conspiracy theorist too, but I think Refs have instructions to keep the game close , NFL doesnt want the games to be one sided and viewerships to be down .

leeblair

Reaction score
I know ya'll saw those multiple, IMO, egregious holding calls that weren't called the Bears.
We should have had about 8 sacks, or at least several more hits/pressures. Many of those missed calls directly led to big plays for the Bears.

We all saw the replays of the fumble call that got over turned. I saw ZERO undisputable evidence he regained control of that ball. We all saw the side angle that shows he lost control of it. We all saw the endzone replay they focused on, that showed a piece of the ball that was close to his body. But I certainly didn't see any evidence of control in that angle. And going back to the side angle, after he loses control of the ball and then you lose site of the ball they kept stopping the replay. But if they continue to roll that replay he turns to his back and the ball is clearly still lose. So when in the millisecond between those two camera views does he regain control? I'd say that shows undisputable evidence that he never did.

So I ask you were these just eh worst officials in the NFL?
Or is this a true concerted conspiracy by the NFL to screw Jerry Jones for his stance against Roger?
Personally, I think gambling is influencing the NFL already, much like it ruined boxing.
Anyone betting on a NFL game should be careful. I have seen things before, but this season especially it sure looks like some calls are too obvious to miss- such as the negated 1st down vs Philly by the ref who purposely stepped the spot back even though Lamb clearly made it across the line, or the touchdown the refs took away from the Lions by an official who wasn't even in position to overrule the ref about to raise his hands.
It's not a good look for the NFL, especially since we've seen coaches who normally throw the challenge flag quick suddenly refusing to challenge such calls.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I know ya'll saw those multiple, IMO, egregious holding calls that weren't called the Bears.
We should have had about 8 sacks, or at least several more hits/pressures. Many of those missed calls directly led to big plays for the Bears.

We all saw the replays of the fumble call that got over turned. I saw ZERO undisputable evidence he regained control of that ball. We all saw the side angle that shows he lost control of it. We all saw the endzone replay they focused on, that showed a piece of the ball that was close to his body. But I certainly didn't see any evidence of control in that angle. And going back to the side angle, after he loses control of the ball and then you lose site of the ball they kept stopping the replay. But if they continue to roll that replay he turns to his back and the ball is clearly still lose. So when in the millisecond between those two camera views does he regain control? I'd say that shows undisputable evidence that he never did.

So I ask you were these just eh worst officials in the NFL?
Or is this a true concerted conspiracy by the NFL to screw Jerry Jones for his stance against Roger?

We got the Roger Goodall Special with that call against Golston.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I think he's menstruating today or something. All I've seen are crabby, contrarian posts.

I think what we're seeing is Dak haters are frustrated about being so wrong and having to eat their words against a pretty good Bears team. So now they're finding other ways to lash out.

I've never read so much ignorance as I read yesterday after a 49-29 shellacking. I think it's manufactured ignorance to divert attention away from how well Dak played.

Some of our fans would have rather seen him lose than stay in the race. That way, they can say I told you so.

Personally, I like what Dak said, "we wanted to do this [win] for ourselves."

Fritsch_the_cat

Reaction score
We can't change it. Our complaints only fall on deaf ears.

Duh. Complaining about officials is a time honored tradition in sports and it's not one you are going to change so climb down off of your high horse and realize it comes with the territory.

As I said, some people complain about officials, some people complain about people who complain about officials so your stuff stinks too.

starfan1

Reaction score
I thought they missed some holding calls but we probably lucked out with AB on PI calls as well. And I think weve had some thimngs lean our way this year.

31RoyW31

Reaction score
The roughing the passer penalty was horrible and it had a big impact due to taking an interception away. Having said that you see those kinds of calls around the league every week and the NFL seems to be fine with it. I think it is hurting the game. The reversal on the fumble on the other hand should not have happened since there was no camera angle showing the fumble had been recovered. Dak lost a goal line fumble last year and it seemed very likely it was after he crossed the line, but since you couldn't find a camera angle to show exactly when the fumble occurred, the call stood.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Of course nobody bats an eye when Hankins rips a guys helmet off on the first or second play because that benefitted us.
Ill trade a 15 yard penalty for a no call on roughing the passer about 3 egregious holding calls and fumble recovery

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I saw that too, but that was incidental , and the rule is if any time helmet comes out the play is dead on that spot, so how did it benefit us, the RB was smothered by 5 defenders,
Incidental? He grab the face mask and pulled his helmet clean off, while they were both on the ground, IIRC.

JayFord

Reaction score
Officiating sucks

across the league

alot of baseball fans cry about Angel Hernandez but the NFL has twice as many people just as bad as him even worse

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
It would if the ball carrier himself was holding it pinned to his helmet, which is how it appeared. I think Moose even commented on it, but I wasn't really listening to his conclusion.
You could be right but looked like a clear facemask to me and it wasn't the ball getting pulled or grabbed against the facemask

He was running when it happened, not as he was tackled to the ground

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
I am no conspiracy theorist too, but I think Refs have instructions to keep the game close , NFL doesnt want the games to be one sided and viewerships to be down .
I agree 100%!

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
At least Jerry is making fun of them. I'm sure all of the refs got a good laugh out of this...

jerry-halloween-.jpg

Bagman

Reaction score
That guy drilled Hankins in the back when Hankins was on his knees, so Hankins got P.O.ed and pulled his helmet off. Should have been offsetting PFs.

Creeper

Reaction score
So he tipped the ball on that play. If he tipped the pass or effected the pass then how was it a later hit. Maybe I am missing something.

No, I am saying that the hit could not be late if he made contact with the ball while it was in or near the QBs hand. It was not a late hit.

So it must have been for the contact itself which I did not think was egregious enough to warrant a 15 yard penalty.

glimmerman

Reaction score
No, I am saying that the hit could not be late if he made contact with the ball while it was in or near the QBs hand. It was not a late hit.

So it must have been for the contact itself which I did not think was egregious enough to warrant a 15 yard penalty.
Ok so did he make contact with the ball or his hand while being thrown..

Rayman70

Reaction score
both. refs were trash.Missed calls on both teams badly. obvious holding, face masks...and yeah refs are biased. phantom roughing, obvious fumble.