The X-Factor season 2

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
Why dont they just let the artists pick their own music? This drives me crazy. I don't care to hear Diamond belt another Whitney Houston song, or Emblem 3 do a pop song.

Emblem 3 and Vino both claim to have original music, let them do it. Even if they don't write their own songs, let them sing songs of the style they choose.

I don't understand at all why they do these gimmick nights on every singing competition?

pjtoadie

Well known member
Reaction score
kristie;4869630 said:
the song i picked for carly is "your song". i just think she would do a great job singing that.

That's actually the song I picked too :D

pjtoadie

Well known member
Reaction score
Muhast;4869690 said:
Why dont they just let the artists pick their own music? This drives me crazy. I don't care to hear Diamond belt another Whitney Houston song, or Emblem 3 do a pop song.

Emblem 3 and Vino both claim to have original music, let them do it. Even if they don't write their own songs, let them sing songs of the style they choose.

I don't understand at all why they do these gimmick nights on every singing competition?

Yeah I agree mostly. That's why a show like American Idol or AGT is better in a way because the contestants get to pick what they perform each week and the judges are just there to judge and not advise like on X-Factor and The Voice. I feel bad for Vino because LA Reid made a mistake with his song and he was in the bottom 3 of the fan vote and eliminated and just a week before he was in the top 3 of the fan vote. As I'm typing this American Idol has that producer Jimmy Lovine who advises all of the contestants but he doesn't dictate the artist's songs like they do on X-Factor and The Voice. I've seen him change the song at times but I think it's mostly on the contestants.

pjtoadie

Well known member
Reaction score
Carly just tweeted that she's going to be singing "If I Were A Boy" chosen by the public. I'm actually not surprised but wish it wasn't that song because it was already done by Diamond.

kristie

Reaction score
pjtoadie;4871372 said:
Carly just tweeted that she's going to be singing "If I Were A Boy" chosen by the public. I'm actually not surprised but wish it wasn't that song because it was already done by Diamond.

well, we'll find out tonight how well carly does with the song.

pjtoadie

Well known member
Reaction score
Well once again my girl Carly killed it, she'll definitely be in the top 2 again!! I think it'll be CeCe and either Diamond or 5th Harmony leaving tomorrow night.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
pjtoadie;4880837 said:
Well once again my girl Carly killed it, she'll definitely be in the top 2 again!! I think it'll be CeCe and either Diamond or 5th Harmony leaving tomorrow night.

Cece sucks. She can't finish a note

5 harmonies was impressive

pjtoadie

Well known member
Reaction score
iceberg;4880864 said:
Cece sucks. She can't finish a note

5 harmonies was impressive

Yeah CeCe still being on the show is a head scratcher. I also like 5th Harmony but with Carly, Tate, and Emblem3 being the most popular the other one going home besides CeCe will be Diamond or 5th Harmony imo.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
pjtoadie;4880871 said:
Yeah CeCe still being on the show is a head scratcher. I also like 5th Harmony but with Carly, Tate, and Emblem3 being the most popular the other one going home besides CeCe will be Diamond or 5th Harmony imo.

Who's the country dude?

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
Top 3 is way to easy to predict.

We all know its :Carly,Tate,emblem 3.

Cece and Diamond/5th harmony are next to leave tomorrow.

So I'd guess it's Diamond that stays with 5th harmony and Cece leaving.

kristie

Reaction score
pjtoadie;4880837 said:

i'll say cece & diamond both leave. their performances were bad.

kristie

Reaction score
pjtoadie;4880937 said:
Yeah hopefully that'll happen

with cece, i was expecting bad, but i wasn't expecting that with diamond because she usually does quite well.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Just send them all home except for Carly and Tate, it is no contest from here on out.

Carly wins and Tate gets runner-up.

Just to play, Cece and Diamond are gone tomorrow night.

pjtoadie

Well known member
Reaction score
dexternjack;4880993 said:
Just send them all home except for Carly and Tate, it is no contest from here on out.

Carly wins and Tate gets runner-up.

Just to play, Cece and Diamond are gone tomorrow night.

:bravo: