The Zeke Conundrum

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hahahaha...the guy taps his helmet more than he “feeds” himself because he can’t even handle the workload they give him. Kind of hard to keep giving him the ball when he’s running towards the sideline after he gets a 5-10 yard gain.

After last season he was exposed for the average RB he is. If he was truly generational or even half as good as you zeke fan boys claim he is, he would have had much better stats last year regardless of the O line.
Ah..I see...so Barry Sanders gets the excuse of a bad team....and Zeke doesn't. A HORRID TERRIBLE team WAY worse than Barry ever played on.

You...are exposed, Hater.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Ah..I see...so Barry Sanders gets the excuse of a bad team....and Zeke doesn't. A HORRID TERRIBLE team WAY worse than Barry ever played on.

Yes but if Sanders didn't retire when he did he would have ended up as the NFL's all time leading rusher something. Elliott won't come within 2 universes of doing that. Sanders did what he did on a bad team and Elliott can't because he proved he can only make yards when he has a good line, QB and a passing game that takes some pressure of the running game.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Zeke isn't the same player he was as a rookie. He's lost that explosiveness. We should have let him hold out 2 years ago and replaced him by now.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I can't believe that someone is actually trying to use movies as how things are in the NFL. What are 5 years old. Hollywood Henderson didn't fail any drug tests and when in 1979 he got caught with the coke in the nasal inhaler Landry deactivated him and put him on the reserve/retired list and he never played for the Cowboys again. I wasn't talking about other coaches just Landry. I know that thinking might be tough for you but if a player was convicted of murder he would have had to serve time in prison and would have been to old to play when he got out. That might have happened in one of your movies but that's Hollywood and not the NFL. I bet you Ray Rice wishes that NFL players got 100 chances. He got suspended for assaulting a woman in an elevator and immediately after getting suspended the ravens cut him and he hasn't played another down since with any team.
based off real life events and we al knew a lot about it.

sorry man but this was a;l true and unless you knew Landry and he was currently living and coaching today..you point is MOOT!.. i know this era the last decade or two salary cap eras dudes far worse then zeke real criminal activities stay on teams..

just cant cut stars with big deals a but like i said back then they got away with far more as they were followed nor were the NFL rules as stringent as they are now, no such thing as what zeke got suspended for tarnishing the badge BS 50years ago, it was common place, drugs, alcohol, partying the night before games etc etc see Joe Namath it happened , live with it..your hate for zeke obvious and your day dreaming that he would be cut by landry was just that , day DREAMIN..

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes but if Sanders didn't retire when he did he would have ended up as the NFL's all time leading rusher something. Elliott won't come within 2 universes of doing that. Sanders did what he did on a bad team and Elliott can't because he proved he can only make yards when he has a good line, QB and a passing game that takes some pressure of the running game.
To act like Barry's O-line was EVER as bad, or the QB was EVER as bad....as last year.....now you are just lying to rationalize your agenda.

Barry had a "good" o-line. Emmitt would have done well up there because he hit the hole, bashed someone, and kept going. Barry, didn't like much contact, liked to dance. Flashy...and darn good at it. But he went sideways and backwards as much as anything else.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Zeke isn't the same player he was as a rookie. He's lost that explosiveness. We should have let him hold out 2 years ago and replaced him by now.

I would have been okay with that...not because of his stats...I've already shown they aren't as bad as The Haters say. But just on principle alone. Honor your contract, negotiate in good faith. If not...see ya! Have fun sitting at home.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
based off real life events and we al knew a lot about it.

sorry man but this was a;l true and unless you knew Landry and he was currently living and coaching today..you point is MOOT!.. i know this era the last decade or two salary cap eras dudes far worse then zeke real criminal activities stay on teams..

just cant cut stars with big deals a but like i said back then they got away with far more as they were followed nor were the NFL rules as stringent as they are now, no such thing as what zeke got suspended for tarnishing the badge BS 50years ago, it was common place, drugs, alcohol, partying the night before games etc etc see Joe Namath it happened , live with it..your hate for zeke obvious and your day dreaming that he would be cut by landry was just that , day DREAMIN..

All you have is false claims like murders still playing in the NFL and using movies to justify your faulty thinking. Landry was a strict coach and didn't put up with anything so common sense, something you have none of, says that if Landry was around today after Elliott was arrest for assulting a woman, he would have cut him or just moved him to the reserve/retired list like he did with hollywood henderson and Elliott would never play another snap for the Cowboys. Again you're TRYING to use what other coaches may have put up with but that's not what Landry did. I don't care what other coaches did. Again you also don't have an answer for Ray Rice either and that players get a 100 chances before having to face any actions. You need o stop thinking movies actually represent life in the NFL. I will admit there were some like Namath but not on the Cowboys during Landry's time. Back in those days players came to training camp to get into condition because then they had 2 a days and they also played 6 preseason games but that doesn't fly anymore. Players are now expected to show up in camp in shape because there are no more 2 a days to get in shape.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
To act like Barry's O-line was EVER as bad, or the QB was EVER as bad....as last year.....now you are just lying to rationalize your agenda.

Barry had a "good" o-line. Emmitt would have done well up there because he hit the hole, bashed someone, and kept going. Barry, didn't like much contact, liked to dance. Flashy...and darn good at it. But he went sideways and backwards as much as anything else.

First and I'll quote you "Barry Sanders gets the excuse of a bad team". You even admitted Sanders was on a bad team. Sanders did do a lot of dancing around because there was no hole where the play was supposed to go so he danced around trying to find some place to run. Emmitt wouldn't got diddly behind that line because you forgot what Sanders said when he retired. Sanders said he pleaded with the lions for the past several years to get a decent offensive line and another receiver so a passing game could take some pressure off of defenses just playing for Sanders to run. Every time you comment you prove just how little you know about the NFL. You definitely need to read NFL 101, but I'm afraid even that is over your head.

fivetwos

Reaction score

Emmitt was more consistent with runs in the 4-8 yard range. He was also a weapon in the passing game. Those teams moved the chains methodically.

Sanders would have many runs of -2 to +2, but then be gone for 80.

Impossible to tackle because of his ability to start and stop like no other I've ever seen.

How the lines play into things is a different topic, and IMO impossible to measure.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Emmitt was more consistent with runs in the 4-8 yard range. He was also a weapon in the passing game. Those teams moved the chains methodically.

Sanders would have many runs of -2 to +2, but then be gone for 80.

Impossible to tackle because of his ability to start and stop like no other I've ever seen.

How the lines play into things is a different topic, and IMO impossible to measure.
Oh I think you can compare. Don't you think just having your starters....is a BETTER thing than what we had last year?

Oh look! Kevin Glover was a 3 time pro bowler!. Oh...Lomas Brown? 1 All pro and 6 pro bowls.

That line was not as bad as people pretend it was.
Meanwhile...last year for Zeke?

Rodney Peete and Scott Mitchell were't....terrible...like "we" say Andy is. Yes? Maybe maybe not....

blueblood70

Reaction score
All you have is false claims like murders still playing in the NFL and using movies to justify your faulty thinking. Landry was a strict coach and didn't put up with anything so common sense, something you have none of, says that if Landry was around today after Elliott was arrest for assulting a woman, he would have cut him or just moved him to the reserve/retired list like he did with hollywood henderson and Elliott would never play another snap for the Cowboys. Again you're TRYING to use what other coaches may have put up with but that's not what Landry did. I don't care what other coaches did. Again you also don't have an answer for Ray Rice either and that players get a 100 chances before having to face any actions. You need o stop thinking movies actually represent life in the NFL. I will admit there were some like Namath but not on the Cowboys during Landry's time. Back in those days players came to training camp to get into condition because then they had 2 a days and they also played 6 preseason games but that doesn't fly anymore. Players are now expected to show up in camp in shape because there are no more 2 a days to get in shape.
so Zekes false claim doesnt count , its was never substantiated yet a HOF LB Ray Lewis was accused of being part of scandal of murder yet what happened to him was he cut ?was he shunned? undrafted? all the other issues are in Fact Facts

yes im telling you Landry out up with massive amounts of partiers on his teams thats fact that North daalls forty Movie was based in fact been though it was movie..sorry man steroids, drugs, alcohol, woman etc et call happened under landrys watch, under jimmys watch, parcells in NY with his stars Lawrence played high bro etc etc..get past it it was no different then as t now exception media follows these guys 24/7 they cant fart without being reported and seasons issue is the cap..sorry but players get away with a lot of they are stars..

many have been picked up by teams quickly after being cut and suspended and still playing multiple issues much worse then zeke

get it yet, you targeted a immature incident and an unsubstantiated claim but scorned GF with no charges and no proof..rightttttt..thats different..

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
so Zekes false claim doesnt count , its was never substantiated yet a HOF LB Ray Lewis was accused of being part of scandal of murder yet what happened to him was he cut ?was he shunned? undrafted? all the other issues are in Fact Facts

yes im telling you Landry out up with massive amounts of partiers on his teams thats fact that North daalls forty Movie was based in fact been though it was movie..sorry man steroids, drugs, alcohol, woman etc et call happened under landrys watch, under jimmys watch, parcells in NY with his stars Lawrence played high bro etc etc..get past it it was no different then as t now exception media follows these guys 24/7 they cant fart without being reported and seasons issue is the cap..sorry but players get away with a lot of they are stars..

many have been picked up by teams quickly after being cut and suspended and still playing multiple issues much worse then zeke

get it yet, you targeted a immature incident and an unsubstantiated claim but scorned GF with no charges and no proof..rightttttt..thats different..

Here's a news flash for you. Even movies based on something that happens have things they ADD as a DRAMATIC AFFECTS. Now if North Dallas Forty was a documentary it would be believable, but not a Hollywood movie with added things for dramatic affects. Again are you 5 years old? As far as Ray Lewis, again he never played for the Cowboys so it really doesn't matter on whether or not Landry would have cut Elliott. OH by the way the charges were dismissed against Lewis. Every time you TRY to bring up things that have zero to do with the Cowboys and coach Landry as some kind of proof Landry wouldn't have cut Elliott. but when they don't have anything to do with the Cowboys they mean less than zero.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
First and I'll quote you "Barry Sanders gets the excuse of a bad team". You even admitted Sanders was on a bad team. Sanders did do a lot of dancing around because there was no hole where the play was supposed to go so he danced around trying to find some place to run. Emmitt wouldn't got diddly behind that line because you forgot what Sanders said when he retired. Sanders said he pleaded with the lions for the past several years to get a decent offensive line and another receiver so a passing game could take some pressure off of defenses just playing for Sanders to run. Every time you comment you prove just how little you know about the NFL. You definitely need to read NFL 101, but I'm afraid even that is over your head.
Here's where you are making assumptions. i never said "*I* make excuses for Barry Sanders. MANY PEOPLE SURELY DO! In fact if you care to read and have the ability to put two and two together...you can see where I said barry Sanders O-line wasn't as bad as people make it out to be. I don't give a rat's ax what Barry Sanders says about it. Or rather...what you claim barry said. He had two all pro/pro bowlers. There's some good blocking in there somewhere!

I wasn't trying to claim Barry had the best O-line in the history of the NFL...I said it was better than what Zeke had last year. I dare you to prove that one wrong...like you seem to be interested in.

You've proven here...that you have ZERO...NONE...NADA interest in discussion. You are ONLY looking for "gotcha" moments....usually when there isn't any such thing you just make one up in your head, argue it, then claim your self the (condescending) winner.

I never claimed EVER...to be some kind of expert. Such as yourself, of course. I have made very simple, and obvious, statements of opinion. Which you should at least grudgingly agree there *could* be some merit to, except your silly ego will not admit anything that doesn't fit your hating narrative. Especially at this juncture...arguing about it for ...literally...days. I'd say that's pretty dam dumb on both our parts.

So here we go: Zeke sucks and had a perfectly great O-line and QB last year (everyone agreed that QB last year was a superb threat)....any RB on ANY team that can only get 1350 yards need fired. Any player who has one down year is in a serious decline and needs fired. Any player that has an historic rookie year, better dam well keep upticking those yards or else.

There...now we can be friends.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Here's where you are making assumptions. i never said "*I* make excuses for Barry Sanders. MANY PEOPLE SURELY DO! In fact if you care to read and have the ability to put two and two together...you can see where I said barry Sanders O-line wasn't as bad as people make it out to be. I don't give a rat's ax what Barry Sanders says about it. Or rather...what you claim barry said. He had two all pro/pro bowlers. There's some good blocking in there somewhere!

I wasn't trying to claim Barry had the best O-line in the history of the NFL...I said it was better than what Zeke had last year. I dare you to prove that one wrong...like you seem to be interested in.

You've proven here...that you have ZERO...NONE...NADA interest in discussion. You are ONLY looking for "gotcha" moments....usually when there isn't any such thing you just make one up in your head, argue it, then claim your self the (condescending) winner.

I never claimed EVER...to be some kind of expert. Such as yourself, of course. I have made very simple, and obvious, statements of opinion. Which you should at least grudgingly agree there *could* be some merit to, except your silly ego will not admit anything that doesn't fit your hating narrative. Especially at this juncture...arguing about it for ...literally...days. I'd say that's pretty dam dumb on both our parts.

So here we go: Zeke sucks and had a perfectly great O-line and QB last year (everyone agreed that QB last year was a superb threat)....any RB on ANY team that can only get 1350 yards need fired. Any player who has one down year is in a serious decline and needs fired. Any player that has an historic rookie year, better dam well keep upticking those yards or else.

There...now we can be friends.

First off lets look at what your opinions that you stated as facts First it was Elliott holds the record for the most rushing yards for the season by a rookie running back which was PROVEN wrong. Then again you stated your opinion as a fact and said he has 2nd on the list but again I PROVED you wrong on that too. The you state Sanders was on a bad team yet if he hadn't retired when he did he would have ended up breaking Walter Payton's rushing record and very well would have retied the all time leader. Then you dispute everything by using last season and completely forgetting Elliott's production dropped every year after his rookie season. From 1,631 to 983 his suspension year to 1,434 to 1,357 and then finally 979 for last season which I've said i give him a pass on that because of the injuries and the defense. Don't bother to reply unless you read NFL 101 at least 5 times to make sure you understand it and then I won't bother to reply because it will just be more foolishness.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Do you really need to know zeke personally in order to understand what a punk he is? His actions tell me more than enough to form an accurate opinion about his personality.

I will never judge a man
Do you really need to know zeke personally in order to understand what a punk he is? His actions tell me more than enough to form an accurate opinion about his personality.

I don't judge anyone, if I don't know them. I only see what is provided, so basing an opinion on that, would be ridiculous.

Big_D

Reaction score
The thing is...zeke has always been great by having carries. EXCELS later in the game when the D is beat up. Because his coaches knew how to manage it. Regardless of YPG in the first half. You just keep beating them up.

Funny thing is there are people HERE..that say he wasn't great because he had a lot of carries. You can see this by people that automatically give thumbs up to zeke hate posts...without even commenting. aria...roy...you can see it. They just pavlov it. Like slobbering dogs.

But he's ALWAYS gotten better by having a coach that knows how to manage the game. Stay on target, manage the substitutions...and keep giving him the ball through the whole game. Even when it SEEMS he's not getting yards. But they knew...they knew to keep feeding him through sheer will. That's how he works.

Then he goes to a team that the fans HATE the coach for being a complete fool. Even the owner...gets ridiculed for being as complete idiot fool . But now suddenly...the player gets it too by god. Because the PLAYER manages the game? The PLAYER signs his own checks? And gives HIMSELF the raises? It's all completely ridiculous but these trying times I am not surprised people are absolutely idiot fools.

The feed me stems from reality- it works....and even Emmitt knows how this works. Emmitt didn't have to give a sign...but that was a long time ago in a different era. The coach just did it.

lol were you wearing your zeke jersey while you wrote this drivel? So he actually needs more touches? He's not Emmitt or Barry, he never was never will be. Is it the coaches fault he can't break a run longer than 25 yards. This team needs a committee at RB, not some schmo letting his inflated and ridiculous contract dictate his touches. It's a joke and that joke will just continue as long as he's here. His "greatness" is laughable at this point.

aria

Reaction score
I will never judge a man

I don't judge anyone, if I don't know them. I only see what is provided, so basing an opinion on that, would be ridiculous.
So you think Ted Bundy was a pretty swell guy? What about Casey Anthony? Fine mother, I would hire her as a babysitter in a flash. I’m sure Stalin was a real gentleman and Jody Arias would be the perfect girl to bring home to mom.

I’m calling bs on claiming you don’t judge someone you unless you know them personally. Everyone forms some sort of judgement if there is enough information out there on a person. I don’t need to know a guy personally who I just saw beating his dog to know he’s a piece of trash.

SixFiveCowboy

Reaction score
There's nothing wrong with Zeke our problem is we have Connor Williams at LG, we lost our all world center and Smith plus Collins both were playing injured until they were completely out. I always cringe when you hear your OL members are having back issues or stingers because that position has the most violent collisions on a per play basis. I honestly think you'll see Zeke perform better if we can get both the tackles back healthy and we need to fix LG and Center immediately.

aria

Reaction score
There's nothing wrong with Zeke our problem is we have Connor Williams at LG, we lost our all world center and Smith plus Collins both were playing injured until they were completely out. I always cringe when you hear your OL members are having back issues or stingers because that position has the most violent collisions on a per play basis. I honestly think you'll see Zeke perform better if we can get both the tackles back healthy and we need to fix LG and Center immediately.
Is there a running back that wouldn’t do better with improvements in the O line? He sat out with two years left on his contract until he was paid as the top RB in the league but he’s nowhere close to the top RB in the league unless he has a top 5-10 O line which some of us said would happen years ago. A great O line has masked his deficiencies most of his career and without that O line he’s been exposed as being average at best.

There are several other RB’s in this league that would have had equivalent or better stats had they been in his same position and there are still several RB’s in this league that have had just as bad, or worse O lines, that put up better or equivalent stats to what he did last year. Whenever myself or others said zeke was a product of the O line, not the other way around, we were laughed it and told he was a “generational” talent and “elite”. Well we all saw how “elite” and “generational” he was last year without that O line. He supposedly carried this team and would continue to do so but now he gets the O line excuse when no other RB he was compared to his first 5 years ever got that excuse. How convenient.

Jerry really wet the bed by wasting the 4th overall pick on him and then crapped the bed by caving to his demands.