CFZ There are zero dominant teams in the NFC this year

RD21

Reaction score
I don't know about this.. Unless they suffer injuries QBs tend to keep getting better as they age well into their mid to late 30's. At least good ones do. Romo was at his best after age 33.. Rodgers has three MVPs after age 33. Unless he just gets beat to hell I expect Dak to be better in 5 years than he is right now. So much of the QB position is mental. The more a QB sees and plays the stronger his mental abilities become.. and with the way guys take care of their bodies in the offseason now there is no more of that old phenomenon of guys not being able to throw it past 20 yards when they get old. Unless like Ruthlessraper and a few others they just took too much of a beating along the way.
Dak won't be here in 5 yrs unless we are successful in the post season. No way does he get another monster contract from Jerry without playing a February game. I'm not convinced he has to win a SB, but he needs to play in one.

slick325

Reaction score
There may not be a dominant team in the NFC, but the 9ers are really good. I like Purdy. The kid looks like he has been there before. Kyle Shannon has amazing play designs and concepts. They have a tough mentality and that defense is incredible!

Philly with a healthy Hurts is a very good team as well. The run game is tough, the combo of Brown, Smith and Goddert is formidable. They are stout on both lines.

Dallas can play with either of them but has to prove their toughness and smarts in the playoffs.

Green Bay is hot right now but I can't see them beating Philly or San Fran on the road. The offense still isn't playing consistently.

Agreed on the Vikes and Giants. I'll add that Detroit plays tough and have been hot as well. Dallas barely beat that team the 1st time. They are a solid, tough team. Seattle is in the same category IMO.

As usual, great post Bullet.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Gonna disagree here. Anyone can be taken out on any given Sunday but with an unknown Hurts, SF has to be the clear favorite in the NFC but those 2 teams are the tops. The rest, including us, would have to play the games of their lives to make significant noise in the playoffs.

Praxit

Reaction score
What a great opportunity the Cowboys have this year in the playoffs. When you look at the current NFL landscape, honestly there are no juggernauts. There are no consistently dominant teams.

Looking at the playoff teams in the NFC, it’s hard to pinpoint any one team as having the most momentum. All teams have strengths but their weaknesses are there too.

Looking at the current top 4 NFC teams going into the playoffs, none of them scare me- They all have strengths of course but their weaknesses are there too.
  • Philly- their once strong running game has become average. And who knows how bad Hurts’ shoulder is. Their defense has suffered big injuries too. They are limping into the tournament.
  • SF- yes they have a great D, yet somehow that D gave up 34 to Oakland’s backup QB yesterday. And, more importantly, they continue to count on a 7th round rookie QB to not fall apart. Brock Purdy’s clock is ticking for a melt down.
  • Dallas- we’re as good or better than anyone in the NFC. Just have to prove it on the road.
  • Minn- the worst 12-4 team in the league. Cousins is terrible when facing good teams. Their defense is completely inconsistent.
  • GB- if they get in the playoffs, they could be the scariest team in the tournament. They’re hot and Rodgers has no fear.
  • TB- Brady is the GOAT but Father Time has been gently rapping on his door this year. He’s still capable of great moments but not consistently. The TB defense is just ok.
  • NYG- probably just glad to be in.
Bottom line for me- this year’s playoffs are an excellent opportunity for the Cowboys to win some playoff games. But more than likely they must become tough road warriors. It’s all there for the taking.

Respect is earned in the playoffs!
..yep, I was watching QB of Raiders take apart 49ers. Then I thought, arent these guys suppose to be real good.

All this is good for Dallas. We are very capable of beating everyone in NFC.

beacamdim

Reaction score
No way Rodgers and the Pack get out of the NFCCG at MetLife Stadium alive.

Verdict

Reaction score
What a great opportunity the Cowboys have this year in the playoffs. When you look at the current NFL landscape, honestly there are no juggernauts. There are no consistently dominant teams.

Looking at the playoff teams in the NFC, it’s hard to pinpoint any one team as having the most momentum. All teams have strengths but their weaknesses are there too.

Looking at the current top 4 NFC teams going into the playoffs, none of them scare me- They all have strengths of course but their weaknesses are there too.
  • Philly- their once strong running game has become average. And who knows how bad Hurts’ shoulder is. Their defense has suffered big injuries too. They are limping into the tournament.
  • SF- yes they have a great D, yet somehow that D gave up 34 to Oakland’s backup QB yesterday. And, more importantly, they continue to count on a 7th round rookie QB to not fall apart. Brock Purdy’s clock is ticking for a melt down.
  • Dallas- we’re as good or better than anyone in the NFC. Just have to prove it on the road.
  • Minn- the worst 12-4 team in the league. Cousins is terrible when facing good teams. Their defense is completely inconsistent.
  • GB- if they get in the playoffs, they could be the scariest team in the tournament. They’re hot and Rodgers has no fear.
  • TB- Brady is the GOAT but Father Time has been gently rapping on his

• TB- Brady is the GOAT but Father Time has been gently rapping on his door this year. He’s still capable of great moments but not consistently. The TB defense is just ok.
Bottom line for me- this year’s playoffs are an excellent opportunity for the Cowboys to win some playoff games. But more than likely they must become tough road warriors. It’s all there for the taking.

There may not be ONE STUD playoff team, but NFC has several string teams. You left Detroit off that list. Lions have a shot at not only playing spoiler to GB (rooting for Lions win) but can still get in the playoffs with a win and a Seahawks loss.

They could play spoiler in the playoffs as well. Tough draw for a team if they get in.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Those losses to GB, & Jacksonsville sure are haunting us right now. Both were terrible losses in games we should've won.

We had a much better chance of winning 1 game to get to an NFC Championship game, than 2 on the road. On the road to Tampa, then most likely SF, won't be a path with a high chance of victory. Will be super sweet if we can pull it off, but I'll remain skeptical until we do it.

I have absolutely zero confidence we can win 3 road games & get to the SB.
Mike Fisher said we are wrong. But I beg to differ. These losses hurt badly.We been doing this 26 years. Painting ourselves into a corner.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Dak can but he can't carry us like a Mahomes or Allen. He needs help. We need the entire team around him to step up and be great. If we dont do that, we will be 1 and done.
Not be great

do their Dang jobs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

period

no one can be perfect or great but you cant have 14penties that not asking for perfection or great ness its asking for them to do their jobs!!!! dak does his when others deliver just a good performance. no one can overcome bad..not even Allen brah he didn't win last year in the playoffs because his defense choked.. defense plays half as bad and they win..

this narrative is another bad one

Dak decent need things to be great, just to be solid. If it falls apart around him like OL penalties, OL no run game, OL no pass protection, defense allows 3 bad penalties, defense allows 4 straight scores 10 YPC in the first qtr etc etc etc

need i say more??

that not asking for greatness, hes asking them to hod up their end, just not be BAD.. that OL blew the game up last year not just 11 penalties , no run game, pass protection broke down..nope not even Mahomes or brady has shown to overcome all that every game.

pretty common theme of late for us,

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

There you go!
Yakking is cheap !
Winning is what counts
Make believers of us Cowboys!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I will still take the Niners but not by much over a pretty level field. The Niners would be the 4th best AFC team.

duane33

Reaction score
Maybe YOU had not heard of them.. but those of who actually pay attention knew who they were. Don't get blinded by the "Brady carried the Patriots" narrative.. The Pats defense was #1 7 or 8 times in his run there and top 10 like 15 of his 20 seasons. It turns my stomach how much people disrespect all those great defenses to caress Brady's nuts.

As for Dak throwing on the run? He's one of the best on the move throwers I've ever seen. Hell he's arguably better at it than he is from the pocket. And he's pretty damn good from the pocket .

read my past posts on coaching, Dallas doesnt have it and yes Brady had it. Look at NE defense this year, 1st in interceptions and turnovers returned for TD's. Parcells was the best we had since Jimmy, but Jones drove him crazy.

That pick to open game game vs Philly was horrendous and on the run, pick 6 against Jax was as well into tight coverage. Rather see him in pocket and play action