CFZ There are zero dominant teams in the NFC this year

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Purdy looks like the best QB they’ve had all season too

He looks okay but he has yet to face a team with a winning record and they've averaged 175 yards per game on the ground. A lot of QBs can look good with that kind of support.

Boysdaboys

Reaction score
I would argue that there are zero dominant teams in the entire league.

There isn't one team that is leaps and bounds better than everyone else.

Been a strange season.

Rayman70

Reaction score
You mean the one that hit his receiver in the chest? You're not seriously complaining about that throw? I don't care how tight the coverage was (it wasn't) if the ball hits the receiver in the chest I'm not going to be mad at the QB for anything that happens after. I don't really have a preference as to where Dak throws from as long as it gets completed. Like I said he's great throwing on the move.. one of the best I've ever seen.. But the beauty of his skillset is when the line starts having problems he throws just as well out of the pocket as in it.
Exactly. Noah even said it was his fault and he has 2 catch that.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Even if we get to the SB but lose, the doubters will still be there. We MUST win every game remaining. Dak is held to this crazy ridiculous standard that by design, is set up to fail. The media does this.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
IDK.., I think SF might be considered a dominant team in NFC.

With their dominant defense , recent success in playoffs appearing in championship game and a SB in last few years and no doubt hottest team in conference with 9 straight wins are my pick to win NFC.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I would argue that there are zero dominant teams in the entire league.

There isn't one team that is leaps and bounds better than everyone else.

Been a strange season.
IDK.., Buffalo and KC are no doubt the best of the best. Bengals have practically placed themselves among the elite as well . These 3 teams arguably have the best or most Elite QB’s as well.

Not sure how we couldn’t argue they are leaps and bounds better than everyone else?

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
For Dallas, it will come down to the coaching come playoff time. For once, i would love to see the Cowboys outcoach their playoff opponent. Come up with great game plans against them and have them prepared. Especially this year when all teams have weaknesses. Looks like they seem to fall apart once it is crunch time. We shall see what happens.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Playoff success seems to come down to QB play. Anyone betting against Brady or Rodgers if he gets in?

RonnieT24

Reaction score
IDK.., Buffalo and KC are no doubt the best of the best. Bengals have practically placed themselves among the elite as well . These 3 teams arguably have the best or most Elite QB’s as well.

Not sure how we couldn’t argue they are leaps and bounds better than everyone else?

Are we talking about the same Chiefs that took overtime to beat Houston? Or the same Bengals that lost to the Cowboys with a backup QB at the helm? Or maybe you're referring to the Bills who lost to the pathetic frauds we know as the Minnesota Vikings? Bottom line is.. there is no dominant team in the NFL this year and hasn't been for a long time. And it's not going to change no matter much we wish it. Once the players won free agency and the owners adopted a salary cap it all but guaranteed we would never see another complete team top to bottom. And we haven't.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Playoff success seems to come down to QB play. Anyone betting against Brady or Rodgers if he gets in?

Jimmy Garoppolo, Jared Goff and Nick Foles have all gone to the Super Bowl in the last 5 years. At some point you need people other than the QB to show up.. Those teams had that.. As has every other team that has ever won anything.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Jimmy Garoppolo, Jared Goff and Nick Foles have all gone to the Super Bowl in the last 5 years. At some point you need people other than the QB to show up.. Those teams had that.. As has every other team that has ever won anything.
:hammer:

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Dallas is 5-1 vs teams above .500. 1st in the NFL.
Philly is 3-1
San Fran is 2-1
Buffalo, KC and Vikings are 3-2

All of these teams dominant.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Are we talking about the same Chiefs that took overtime to beat Houston? Or the same Bengals that lost to the Cowboys with a backup QB at the helm? Or maybe you're referring to the Bills who lost to the pathetic frauds we know as the Minnesota Vikings? Bottom line is.. there is no dominant team in the NFL this year and hasn't been for a long time. And it's not going to change no matter much we wish it. Once the players won free agency and the owners adopted a salary cap it all but guaranteed we would never see another complete team top to bottom. And we haven't.
That’s nit picking games to support your spin. . I am talking about the Chiefs cumulatively.

You may want to believe there’s no dominant teams but there are. The Chiefs and Bills are dominating the AFC. And Bengals are on the cusp.

The teams generally with the most Elite QB’s this era have been dominating this era. Perhaps not in the same fashion as we had in previous eras . Patriots were definitely dominating.

But Mahomes with the Chiefs and now Allen with Bills are emerging as dominant teams .

And teams with Elite defenses have been dominating. SF in NFC is as close to a dominating defense as we have seen since Seattle or Baltimore in AFC.

CCBoy

Reaction score
What a great opportunity the Cowboys have this year in the playoffs. When you look at the current NFL landscape, honestly there are no juggernauts. There are no consistently dominant teams.

Looking at the playoff teams in the NFC, it’s hard to pinpoint any one team as having the most momentum. All teams have strengths but their weaknesses are there too.

Looking at the current top 4 NFC teams going into the playoffs, none of them scare me- They all have strengths of course but their weaknesses are there too.
  • Philly- their once strong running game has become average. And who knows how bad Hurts’ shoulder is. Their defense has suffered big injuries too. They are limping into the tournament.
  • SF- yes they have a great D, yet somehow that D gave up 34 to Oakland’s backup QB yesterday. And, more importantly, they continue to count on a 7th round rookie QB to not fall apart. Brock Purdy’s clock is ticking for a melt down.
  • Dallas- we’re as good or better than anyone in the NFC. Just have to prove it on the road.
  • Minn- the worst 12-4 team in the league. Cousins is terrible when facing good teams. Their defense is completely inconsistent.
  • GB- if they get in the playoffs, they could be the scariest team in the tournament. They’re hot and Rodgers has no fear.
  • TB- Brady is the GOAT but Father Time has been gently rapping on his door this year. He’s still capable of great moments but not consistently. The TB defense is just ok.
  • NYG- probably just glad to be in.
Bottom line for me- this year’s playoffs are an excellent opportunity for the Cowboys to win some playoff games. But more than likely they must become tough road warriors. It’s all there for the taking.

Respect is earned in the playoffs!

Two things for Cowboys playoffs:

1. who they play

2. play of the box area on defense

Flamma

Reaction score
What a great opportunity the Cowboys have this year in the playoffs. When you look at the current NFL landscape, honestly there are no juggernauts. There are no consistently dominant teams.

Looking at the playoff teams in the NFC, it’s hard to pinpoint any one team as having the most momentum. All teams have strengths but their weaknesses are there too.

Looking at the current top 4 NFC teams going into the playoffs, none of them scare me- They all have strengths of course but their weaknesses are there too.
  • Philly- their once strong running game has become average. And who knows how bad Hurts’ shoulder is. Their defense has suffered big injuries too. They are limping into the tournament.
  • SF- yes they have a great D, yet somehow that D gave up 34 to Oakland’s backup QB yesterday. And, more importantly, they continue to count on a 7th round rookie QB to not fall apart. Brock Purdy’s clock is ticking for a melt down.
  • Dallas- we’re as good or better than anyone in the NFC. Just have to prove it on the road.
  • Minn- the worst 12-4 team in the league. Cousins is terrible when facing good teams. Their defense is completely inconsistent.
  • GB- if they get in the playoffs, they could be the scariest team in the tournament. They’re hot and Rodgers has no fear.
  • TB- Brady is the GOAT but Father Time has been gently rapping on his door this year. He’s still capable of great moments but not consistently. The TB defense is just ok.
Bottom line for me- this year’s playoffs are an excellent opportunity for the Cowboys to win some playoff games. But more than likely they must become tough road warriors. It’s all there for the taking.

I firmly believe the Cowboys are close to, as talented, or more talented than any team in the NFL. But are our coaches? Do the players believe that? It's important that our players believe they are better than their opponents and that they can win. I think our D plays with that attitude, not sure the offense does.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
That’s nit picking games to support your spin. . I am talking about the Chiefs cumulatively.

You may want to believe there’s no dominant teams but there are. The Chiefs and Bills are dominating the AFC. And Bengals are on the cusp.

The teams generally with the most Elite QB’s this era have been dominating this era. Perhaps not in the same fashion as we had in previous eras . Patriots were definitely dominating.

But Mahomes with the Chiefs and now Allen with Bills are emerging as dominant teams .

And teams with Elite defenses have been dominating. SF in NFC is as close to a dominating defense as we have seen since Seattle or Baltimore in AFC.

First of all any team that has not won anything can be eliminated from any talk of being "dominant." That removes the Bills, Bengals, 49ers from the discussion. Unless they have changed the definition of the word, you cannot be classified as dominant for "almost winning." Hell the Chiefs are borderline because their one win .. is.. well.. just one win. If you don't win you're not dominant.. It's as simple as that. You can be good.. even bordering on great.. but unless you win it all.. you aint dominatin' nothin but headlines and fantasy football leagues.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score

I don't know... just our luck, but Brock Purdy may not have a meltdown. I said the same thing when we played guys like Tom Brady, Ben Roethlisberger, and now Trevor Lawrence in their early careers. Some guys just got it.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't know... just our luck, but Brock Purdy may not have a meltdown. I said the same thing when we played guys like Tom Brady, Ben Roethlisberger, and now Trevor Lawrence in their early careers. Some guys just got it.
Don’t disagree with you but Brock Purdy has played 5 games. Not sure that’s enough to know what this guy really is. The playoffs are way tougher than regular season games.

Flamma

Reaction score
Great points as usual. I think the Vikings are probably the worse 12-win team in NFL history. :muttley:

I honestly had a hard time trying to come up with another team. But I do remember one of the Chiefs teams that were 13-3 and not a very good team at the same time. Similar to the Vikings. I just don't remember if it was their 1997 team, or their 2003 team, I'm leaning towards 2003.