News: There is a reason Dak Prescott might be in a ‘slump’ and it’s not his calf injury

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
So I actually watch Aaron play....but here's some clips of his "best throws" from Sunday....tell me how many of these are "throwing receivers open"...

Its just a myth guys came up with to knock guys like Lamar, Dak, etc. Wilson, Rodgers, etc. don't throw guys open all game like y'all claim lol.

Misused phrase.

reddyuta

Reaction score
coaching adjustments must be made in game but boy genius has still not figured it since the denver game.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
I don't know XO all that well, so I can't even try to speculate as to why....or if there's even anything to it...but since Denver, our receivers seem to be blanketed by the DBs.

Didn't seem to be the case earlier on in the season.
Our receivers have not been blanketed. Watch the all-22, they're as open as ever.

Teams are taking away the quick options but the medium and deep routes are still open. Dak hasn't been patient enough to stick with the reads or he hasn't figured the reads out yet.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I swear people make up things. Watch the Raiders game and his passes to Gallup. Dropped right into the bucket. Dak cant do it. lol. Remarkable.
They just parrot what some moron on TV says. There are so many examples it's not funny.

Reactions: CWR

fivetwos

Reaction score
Our receivers have not been blanketed. Watch the all-22, they're as open as ever.

Teams are taking away the quick options but the medium and deep routes are still open. Dak hasn't been patient enough to stick with the reads or he hasn't figured the reads out yet.
Well that's what I mean....I don't really know.

Appreciate the feedback and definitely something that's more easily seen on all 22.

He always had a little bit of a happy feet thing going on, but now he seems like not getting hurt is the first on his mind when going through progressions.

I think it may be as simple as that...as complicated as that actually is.

blueblood70

Reaction score
If you're tired of it you shouldn't have clicked it.

Practice some self control and just avoid/ignore the threads that annoy you.

Problem solved.
ORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR the OP should post inder one of the other 45 posts on dak instead of trashing up the home page. Got it??

ORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR you cannot reply to me

ORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

you get it yet?!!!

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
At this point we're all guessing what's wrong. Here's the statistics on what defenses are cloning. I think Moore needs to inject more plays to counter this. This puts extra bodies into midfield. The Oline is not opening gaps for the run game. We should be pushing the DEs and LBs backwards. This is also why Pollard was effective. It's the outside lanes that are open.

There is a reason Dak Prescott might be in a ‘slump’ and it’s not his calf injury (msn.com)

"....Prescott has a reputation for beating the blitz, and through the first part of the season most teams were blitzing the Cowboys at a high rate.

That all stopped when the Cowboys played the Broncos. There was probably more to that blueprint thing people were claiming than we gave credit to at the time."

AAROHof.img
All because of our Oline's inability to open holes and create lanes to get our running attack going.

I've been saying since Week 1 that our Oline IS THE PROBLEM, but no one has listened.

Maybe now that these geniuses have figured it out, everyone will start realizing what our problem truly is. It's not Dak. It's our Oline.

pansophy

Reaction score
All because of our Oline's inability to open holes and create lanes to get our running attack going.

I've been saying since Week 1 that our Oline IS THE PROBLEM, but no one has listened.

Maybe now that these geniuses have figured it out, everyone will start realizing what our problem truly is. It's not Dak. It's our Oline.
Totally agree. What is missing from this graphic is the fact that Dak is still get pressured at a high rate. So fewer rushers getting pressure and therefore more people in coverage. Not a winning formula.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

Bull.

The reason Dak has not been able to see our receivers get open late is because our Oline is not giving him the time.

Fix our Oline and our receivers have to start getting open much sooner. If our Oline starts doing a much better job of blocking to finally get our running attack going, that will greatly help our passing attack and give Dak more time to see our receivers getting open late.

fivetwos

Reaction score

Semantics, but maybe his lack of trust in our OL.

That's odd considering there's two future HOF players on it, and it should be the very least of this teams worries, but yeah I think you're on it one way or another.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Get out of shotgun and give Zeke a FB. This delayed handoff crap isn't effective for his running style. I feel like 80% of our run plays come out of shotgun. I don't know if this is because Dak struggles in dropping back and/or reading defenses from under center or what

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Totally agree. What is missing from this graphic is the fact that Dak is still get pressured at a high rate. So fewer rushers getting pressure and therefore more people in coverage. Not a winning formula.
Agreed. It's all on film, but that Dak haters hate to discuss facts. It's easier for them to spew their lies and just blame everything on Dak.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
At this point we're all guessing what's wrong. Here's the statistics on what defenses are cloning. I think Moore needs to inject more plays to counter this. This puts extra bodies into midfield. The Oline is not opening gaps for the run game. We should be pushing the DEs and LBs backwards. This is also why Pollard was effective. It's the outside lanes that are open.

There is a reason Dak Prescott might be in a ‘slump’ and it’s not his calf injury (msn.com)

"....Prescott has a reputation for beating the blitz, and through the first part of the season most teams were blitzing the Cowboys at a high rate.

That all stopped when the Cowboys played the Broncos. There was probably more to that blueprint thing people were claiming than we gave credit to at the time."

AAROHof.img
I appreciate this information
As a Cowboy fan I want to see what's wrong with dak fixed so the team can excel
Why does this have to degenerate into a Homer vs hater thread?

fivetwos

Reaction score
Bull.

The reason Dak has not been able to see our receivers get open late is because our Oline is not giving him the time.

Fix our Oline and our receivers have to start getting open much sooner. If our Oline starts doing a much better job of blocking to finally get our running attack going, that will greatly help our passing attack and give Dak more time to see our receivers getting open late.
What would you do moving ahead....assuming everyone is healthy? I'd go back to what worked best.

If they do that, will they be able to gel as a unit quickly?

The whole working as a unit thing appears to be very much a factor for this group.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Get out of shotgun and give Zeke a FB. This delayed handoff crap isn't effective for his running style. I feel like 80% of our run plays come out of shotgun. I don't know if this is because Dak struggles in dropping back and/or reading defenses from under center or what
Put Dak under center and do more play action

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Agreed with giving Zeke a FB. Has nothing to do with Dak. Has to do with Kellen Moore wanting to run a 1 back formation because of the passing attack. The problem with that is since the running attack has been non-existent, it has direct affected the passing attack. Still, the bottom line, this Oline has been poor in opening up running lanes or giving Dak enough pass protection to see our receivers get open late.

FIX OUR OLINE.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
I’m an Ole Miss alum. Matt Corral is a fabulous QB but late last year he really struggled when teams started dropping 8 into coverage. The team spent the whole off season planning on how to counteract that. Same is happening here