There is hope for Randy Gregory

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
You are the one making assumptions n runnin away.

Later.
Haha sure I'm just making assumptions when the facts are there. Can't help that you're too lazy to look it up cause it's so much more fun bashing in a guy.

Then you say I'm running away but yet you said later.....hmmm.... Well then..... Bye Felicia

Ring6

StarSchema
Reaction score
He will be back and will get cleared to practice with team. Inevitable. At that point he will then just have to get in shape.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
There’s little to no hope for Randy Gregory at least with the Cowboys. It’s been almost 3 years since he was drafted and his career hasn’t even gotten off the ground due to several drug suspensions. His development as a player has been severely stunted. While players that were drafted with him are reaching their primes he’s been out of football dealing with a drug problem. It’s a waste of energy continuing to count on this guy. So far he’s been the biggest draft mistake during the Jerry Jones era. Jerry keeps taking chances on guys like him with issues and it’s yet to pay off.

Texas_Pete

Reaction score
Is he eligible for reinstatement? If so, I can see him replacing Mayowa.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Is he eligible for reinstatement? If so, I can see him replacing Mayowa.

How can you see him replacing anybody with the many drug suspensions he’s had and as little as he’s played the past three years? You can’t enter a season depending on someone like him.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Someone mentioned in another thread that Gregory hasn’t tested positive for drugs in a while. If that’s true it’s because he hasn’t been having to deal with the stress of playing football and battling for a position. It’s the rigors of playing in the NFL that probably caused him to turn to drugs.

Bohuntr97

Reaction score
I'm curious if anyone knows exactly how these drug suspensions work? Is Gregory still being regularly tested while suspended? Or is it something that starts up again and when he applies for reinstatement?

I think clarification on that would help a great deal.

I believe so. Found this:

"Gregory has been in Stage 3 of the NFL's substance abuse policy and will remain in the final stage of the program throughout the rest of his career. In Stage 3, a player is subject to unannounced testing up to 10 times in a month."

My guess is in order to be reinstated, on would have to be clean while serving a suspension.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's certainly a more reasonable assumption - especially based on well-established track record - than any talk of "disrupting the team".

I'm curious if anyone knows exactly how these drug suspensions work? Is Gregory still being regularly tested while suspended? Or is it something that starts up again and when he applies for reinstatement?

I think clarification on that would help a great deal.
Yes, he gets tested while suspended.

The only way around it would be to retire like Ricky Williams did and then return later. The problem is that the player would owe the team part of his signing bonus if he retired.

khiladi

Reaction score
I’m surprised we haven’t used him as the distraction for our disaster this season.

Hardline

Reaction score
He uses marijuana because that's what has been effective for him in dealing with his mental issues. He's likely been using it for years as it gave relief. Many people with mental health problems have to try numerous medications to find the one that works for them. This isn't a simple "take this instead" deal.

More generally, it is pretty bizarre that I (living in CA) can walk to a store and buy marijuana legally but NFL players can't enjoy the medicinal benefits.

Now off to the dispensary.
Marijuana doesn't help with mental issues . It makes you stoned.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I have a feeling a member or two will try debunking any statement saying inhaling any foreign substances can possibly harm the lungs--as if continually breathing in irritants cannot damage lung tissue... because the lungs are made up of unscratchable titanium steel! :p
Not me. I dislike irritating my lungs... that's why I'm a sipper.

Hardline

Reaction score

Old'Boyfan

Reaction score
He will be back and will get cleared to practice with team. Inevitable. At that point he will then just have to get in shape.

It's not "Inevitable", it's only your opinion. You have nothing to back that up.

MagicMan

Reaction score
i think this team and Jerry are going to drive us all to start taking marijuana as a means to get through these seasons of anguish and despair. i guess living in Texas, i will have to wait to do this legally. Maybe Randy can hook me up with his boy.