There is hope for Randy Gregory

Bluefin

Reaction score
When is he actually eligable to return?

Randy Gregory was given an indefinite suspension of at least one year on January 5th, 2017.

The year is up on Friday, but the suspension will only end when Roger Goodell and his minions are satisfied.

Gregory was eligible to apply for reinstatement 60 days ahead of the one year date of his suspension (Nov 6. 2017), but elected not to do so.

The season is over, hopefully, we will hear something regarding his status in the near future.

Jerry Jones was on 105.3 the FAN for his weekly appearance yesterday and was asked for clarity on Gregory's status (question is at 17:29 during interview).

Q: Where do we stand with Randy Gregory? It's been kind of tough to follow back and worth. What's the status with Gregory and his future?

A: Well, I can't really tell you. I can't tell you because I don't know some of it. Secondly, I can't tell you because of the confidentiality of other parts of it. But, he's our player, we've got his rights and that's important. I'm not trying to talk in riddles but that's very important. Hopefully, the lay of the land for Gregory will get better. He's a very young guy, hasn't played a lot of football, and is extremely, extremely talented. He's got a huge skill and I'm hopeful we'll get the benefit of it at some point in time.

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
The red flag to me is that he was eligible in December for reinstatement but his agent hasn't applied to do so, that indicates to me there's an issue reading between the lines.. and until he applies for reinstatement, you wont hear from the league about failed tests because he's not in the league at this point....
Good point...that may explain everything. Hope that's not the case, though.

diefree666

Reaction score

tm1119

Reaction score

That article has no facts, nor was there any kind of actual study done. More an observation on 1 individual. But really It's a chicken or the egg argument....does weed cause mental health problems or do people with mental health problems tend to smoke weed? Given the millions upon millions of people who regularly smoke weed across the world and the extremely small sample size of onset schizophrenia (which is really what is argued can be caused by weed, not bipolar which Gregory allegedly is dealing with) I'll go with that latter...but clearly you have a certain opinion on weed and I don't care enough to try and change that so we'll just end it here :thumbup:

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
First off Gregory has failed 7 different tests since he arrived in the league and numerous suspensions and hence why he is serving a year suspension now so he's already "failed" numerous times.........and Second, don't you think the reason his agent hasn't applied for reinstatement is because he's still failing league drug tests, not because he didn't want to disrupt the team nonsense!

I sure hope he can break his addiction problem but the chances are great that he can't......unfortunately

What I stated was not nonsense, it is just what was reported.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
What I stated was not nonsense, it is just what was reported.

I'm apologize if what I said came across that I was stating what you said was nonsense, that was not my intention, it was just the reason given by those stating in the media that he didn't apply for reinstatement because he didn't want to disrupt the team.....I believe Gregory and his agent didn't apply for reinstatement in December when he was able too is because he has issues with another failed drug test..

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Randy Gregory was given an indefinite suspension of at least one year on January 5th, 2017.

The year is up on Friday, but the suspension will only end when Roger Goodell and his minions are satisfied.

Gregory was eligible to apply for reinstatement 60 days ahead of the one year date of his suspension (Nov 6. 2017), but elected not to do so.

The season is over, hopefully, we will hear something regarding his status in the near future.

Jerry Jones was on 105.3 the FAN for his weekly appearance yesterday and was asked for clarity on Gregory's status (question is at 17:29 during interview).

Q: Where do we stand with Randy Gregory? It's been kind of tough to follow back and worth. What's the status with Gregory and his future?

A: Well, I can't really tell you. I can't tell you because I don't know some of it. Secondly, I can't tell you because of the confidentiality of other parts of it. But, he's our player, we've got his rights and that's important. I'm not trying to talk in riddles but that's very important. Hopefully, the lay of the land for Gregory will get better. He's a very young guy, hasn't played a lot of football, and is extremely, extremely talented. He's got a huge skill and I'm hopeful we'll get the benefit of it at some point in time.

Thanks for sharing that! It's at least a bit of information on a situation that we really have no idea about what's going on.
:thumbup:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm apologize if what I said came across that I was stating what you said was nonsense, that was not my intention, it was just the reason given by those stating in the media that he didn't apply for reinstatement because he didn't want to disrupt the team.....I believe Gregory and his agent didn't apply for reinstatement in December when he was able too is because he has issues with another failed drug test..

It's certainly a more reasonable assumption - especially based on well-established track record - than any talk of "disrupting the team".

I'm curious if anyone knows exactly how these drug suspensions work? Is Gregory still being regularly tested while suspended? Or is it something that starts up again and when he applies for reinstatement?

I think clarification on that would help a great deal.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Humm..... Does this thread title need to be corrected? Is it supposed to read, "There is NO hope for Randy Gregory".

I mean, I can change it for you if you would like me to.......??
Change it to....there is no DOPE for Gregory

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Change it to....there is no DOPE for Gregory

LOL.... I'm afraid that's never going to be the case.

I mean, it's really a damn shame if you step outside this thing and look at it. Gregory was a guy who had the type of skills that could have really impacted the game. He could have been one of those players that made you change the way you did things. Just can't get out of the way of himself, seems like. What a waste.

kazzd58

Reaction score
But like I said Randy is still the best pass rusher on this squad period! I bet he plays too

aikemirv

Reaction score
Interesting that the NFL rules still mirror Federal law on Marijuana which may likely begin to be enforced on all states again in the future.....

I hope that is still about football

diefree666

Reaction score
Nowhere in that study does it prove that marijuana causes bipolar disorder. Which is what the other poster said.
oh you want PROOF. move the goal posts then. He said there were no studies or anything else and I showed he was wrong; he then disappeared. Which you can too if you want