There is no logic to this. Mina Kimes believes not finalizing a deal with Lamb 'makes no sense'

Flamma

Reaction score
Signing him to a 6 year deal was a terrible decision for a RB who had that many carries.
Was it 6 years? I forget. He was a really good RB at 23 years old. No one expected him to fall off a cliff at that age. And like I said, only 1 bad cap hit year. His lack of burst hurt the team more than that contract did.

Flamma

Reaction score
There is Logic as Lamb is not a 30 million a year WR......................
Not only that, but I'm also hearing talk about some of these WRs getting 33-35M a year. I'm out on Lamb getting 30M+ a year. Trade him for a 1st and a 3rd. The Packers kicked our backsides, and we had Lamb. You don't need a 30-35M a year WR to win in the NFL. You need a really good QB, and very motivated good players.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
that's what I keep saying not just Justin Jefferson jamar chase Brandon aiuke and others.. I mean Tuas locked in a battle

literally all around the league there are players on the 5th year option the franchise tag or the transition tag and it's not ridiculous that they're trying to figure out how much he's worth like they gotta come to an agreement it's called a negotiation they act like this is on the Jones family do they really know what's going on behind closed doors it's somebody ask CD lambs agent and CD land to sit down and describe what they're demanding so that way we have a picture from both sides nobody's talking but I'm sorry I'm not gonna cry for a dude making $17 million for 17 games it's about 200 hours of work actually I realize they do other things in the offseason but technically for us layman's.. The dudes putting in about 200 hours of work for $1 million a game for a total of $17 million..

So yeah negotiations they go both ways this isn't always on the Jones family there's a reason that people can keep saying Prescott could have been signed cheaper if we signed him a year earlier no he couldn't two is going through the same thing right now and he told them the 1st price they put out he rejected it and I think it was $50 million you're not getting players with agents who are smart enough to understand their worth to just fold up and give you a five year deal on a team friendly deal early because you think it's going to cost us less next time no, they know these things..

I mean they like the fires for these things and our own fan base is being sucked in just something there is nothing to see right now because lots of players around the league are skipping voluntary workouts and they will be back and eventually he will get his deal whether it's now or next year why do they have to pull the trigger now they keep saying it's going to cost us more later I doubt it because they'll just hold out next time even with two years left under contract players demand money all the time I mean, Martin just did it to us last year..
Exactly why dak want signed sooner last time. Dak ain't signing a 50 million deal.... so if Jerry signed dak to 60 million, everyone in here and media included would be saying how dumb he is.
Same with lamb.... who happens to have the same agent as Jefferson. Steeped even said the agent was using that fact against teams. You can't sign a guy who won't sign.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Exactly why dak want signed sooner last time. Dak ain't signing a 50 million deal.... so if Jerry signed dak to 60 million, everyone in here and media included would be saying how dumb he is.
Same with lamb.... who happens to have the same agent as Jefferson. Steeped even said the agent was using that fact against teams. You can't sign a guy who won't sign.
Right this fan base and hell even a lot of media like Mina kinds they can comment all they want they can assume whatever their hearts desire but they don't really know what conversations are being had behind closed doors on the phone between the powers that be there are three people involved minimum that would be the ownership the agent and the player so many moving parts since money has gotten so big like this they're risk is so great it takes longer to get some of these deals done and you're right there's a stare down contest with other players in similar positions going through similar things like TUA turning down $50 million which I find crazy Prescott better than tua we all know that...

So this will get stressed out as far as it'll go before meeting in the middle somewhere it most of it's called posturing the things we hear about in the media are what they want us to hear the rest of it is private negotiations are the same things between lawyers and their clients they're not gonna give you the real details..

And all this talk about these specific players are gonna actually hold out and not play until they get a new contract it's ridiculous it's a bunch of assumptions I haven't heard one thing from Parsons or land that would make me indicate they were not gonna be willing to play on their fifth year options that's a lot of damn money nowadays it's not the same as it was even back in 2019 it is got out of control and owners have to protect themselves as much as the players have to.... I mean case in point you see guys like Michael Thomas for instance signs a big deal and I don't even know how much he's ever played since the deal you're paying players just sit on sidelines or never have another season I mean do we all think that CD lamb's ever gonna have another season like that just like Ezekiel Elliott they're getting paid for both their past accomplishments because they earned it but for the future but you rarely ever see them ever be that good again...

So the owners have to keep that in mind..

kskboys

Reaction score
Not only that, but I'm also hearing talk about some of these WRs getting 33-35M a year. I'm out on Lamb getting 30M+ a year. Trade him for a 1st and a 3rd. The Packers kicked our backsides, and we had Lamb. You don't need a 30-35M a year WR to win in the NFL. You need a really good QB, and very motivated good players.
No WR is worth 30 mil/year. Nature of the game. If you can't stop the run and run the ball(move the ball consistently, short passing game works for that also), winning the super bowl quickly becomes a distant hope.

blueblood70

Reaction score
No logic I'd say that it's very logical there's easy answers look around the league this is not a Jones family issue this happens with a lot of players and they need to be more patient and I believe it's her right to state her opinion and I'm telling you she's dead wrong because she's signaled out of cowboy to get ratings and I like Mina I do I think she's cool and she has good opinions and she stands her ground with a bunch of dudes around her but in this case there's nothing to see here that's not going around the league not just at the wide receiver position this is just how contracts work when this kind of money is involved the logic is they gave the man 17 million in a fifth year option that's $1,000,000 a game to secure his services for this year while they workout a new deal it's very logical she's not in a position and neither of none of you running a billion dollar franchise with a salary cap in a roster limit and trying to pay these guys this type of money knowing they'll probably never have another season like they did meaning I don't think CD lambs ever gonna have another season like he had last year he'll still be really good he might even be great but that's the anomaly that's why they call it a career year just like Ezekiel Elliott you pay the guy and if you don't get the contract correct with all the other things you can add in there besides total money then you can get burned and the ownership has a right to be careful and make sure they're also in negotiations with two other parties the agent and the player who by the way you probably don't realize or holding this up anyway...

I like how the ownership is being blamed without taking into account what CD lamb and his agents might be asking for you guys think it's OK to say just here's a blank check put whatever you want in it I think that's what some people really believe should happen..LMAO

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Right this fan base and hell even a lot of media like Mina kinds they can comment all they want they can assume whatever their hearts desire but they don't really know what conversations are being had behind closed doors on the phone between the powers that be there are three people involved minimum that would be the ownership the agent and the player so many moving parts since money has gotten so big like this they're risk is so great it takes longer to get some of these deals done and you're right there's a stare down contest with other players in similar positions going through similar things like TUA turning down $50 million which I find crazy Prescott better than tua we all know that...

So this will get stressed out as far as it'll go before meeting in the middle somewhere it most of it's called posturing the things we hear about in the media are what they want us to hear the rest of it is private negotiations are the same things between lawyers and their clients they're not gonna give you the real details..

And all this talk about these specific players are gonna actually hold out and not play until they get a new contract it's ridiculous it's a bunch of assumptions I haven't heard one thing from Parsons or land that would make me indicate they were not gonna be willing to play on their fifth year options that's a lot of damn money nowadays it's not the same as it was even back in 2019 it is got out of control and owners have to protect themselves as much as the players have to.... I mean case in point you see guys like Michael Thomas for instance signs a big deal and I don't even know how much he's ever played since the deal you're paying players just sit on sidelines or never have another season I mean do we all think that CD lamb's ever gonna have another season like that just like Ezekiel Elliott they're getting paid for both their past accomplishments because they earned it but for the future but you rarely ever see them ever be that good again...

So the owners have to keep that in mind..
yea,the Michaael Thomas deal and what he did after that deal was nuts. He was not inured that entire time. He just decided I got my money and he was pissed for some reason and just sat there.

Miami must not cave. 50 million being turned by Tua is a joke. Does every player think they get the biggest contract or top 5 at their position no matter how good they are.

Parsons isnt even on his 5th year. This is just the start of year 4, so the Cowboys absolutely dont need to get a deal done right now with him. The CBA, which obviously was agreed to by the players, allows teams to tie up a 1st rd pick for a predetermined amount on their rookie deals. I dont even want to hear about player X has "Öutperformed," their contract. No, if you played well, it means you played up to the contract amount. At some point, teams have to stand up... like the Steelers did with Bell and show players who is in charge. The league actually had rules put into play to make these holdouts hurt, but if teams turn around and add the fine amount into the contract, like apparently happened with Martin last year, than what is the point?

Let players hold out, but let it hurt as those fines now can not be rescinded like in the past.
IMO, media, agents and fans somehow think Jerry is supposed to just bend over for every good player and set the market. There is no doubt in my mind Dak was offered a very fair deal, and he was simply set on 60 million per, which is LUDICROUS, and to Jerry's credit, they probably said ok Dak... you want 60, lets see how you do next year. If you take us to a title game, will get you your 60. You flop again in the playoffs, you take this 54 or we part ways.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
No WR is worth 30 mil/year. Nature of the game. If you can't stop the run and run the ball(move the ball consistently, short passing game works for that also), winning the super bowl quickly becomes a distant hope.
lol.... this aint the 70s. Wrs are now who gets the money, not RB. Bob Griese threw for like 80 yards IN THE SUPER BPWL and won. Those days are over. So back then, yea, stopping the run was number 1 priority. Not today. Now, get ran on to the tune of 200 yards like the Cowboys seemed to have happen in any big game, and yea, you lose, but those are outliers.

shabazz

Reaction score
Leave Mina alone!

She's a good person....she's heroic,strong, smart, fierce, and most of all extremely funny

blueblood70

Reaction score
yea,the Michaael Thomas deal and what he did after that deal was nuts. He was not inured that entire time. He just decided I got my money and he was pissed for some reason and just sat there.

Miami must not cave. 50 million being turned by Tua is a joke. Does every player think they get the biggest contract or top 5 at their position no matter how good they are.

Parsons isnt even on his 5th year. This is just the start of year 4, so the Cowboys absolutely dont need to get a deal done right now with him. The CBA, which obviously was agreed to by the players, allows teams to tie up a 1st rd pick for a predetermined amount on their rookie deals. I dont even want to hear about player X has "Öutperformed," their contract. No, if you played well, it means you played up to the contract amount. At some point, teams have to stand up... like the Steelers did with Bell and show players who is in charge. The league actually had rules put into play to make these holdouts hurt, but if teams turn around and add the fine amount into the contract, like apparently happened with Martin last year, than what is the point?

Let players hold out, but let it hurt as those fines now can not be rescinded like in the past.
IMO, media, agents and fans somehow think Jerry is supposed to just bend over for every good player and set the market. There is no doubt in my mind Dak was offered a very fair deal, and he was simply set on 60 million per, which is LUDICROUS, and to Jerry's credit, they probably said ok Dak... you want 60, lets see how you do next year. If you take us to a title game, will get you your 60. You flop again in the playoffs, you take this 54 or we part ways.
:hammer:

blueblood70

Reaction score

Yes but they are ready accepted the 5th year option for Parsons so they're ahead of it it's around 21 million I mean seriously if people cry over that I just have no empathy I'm sorry man I'm a layman you're gonna hold out for that kind of money I mean I understand you want your long term guarantees but geez there is no human with common sense that would literally would hold out now you wanna skip practice and training camp that's OK but show your *** up for game one and do your job...

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Yes but they are ready accepted the 5th year option for Parsons so they're ahead of it it's around 21 million I mean seriously if people cry over that I just have no empathy I'm sorry man I'm a layman you're gonna hold out for that kind of money I mean I understand you want your long term guarantees but geez there is no human with common sense that would literally would hold out now you wanna skip practice and training camp that's OK but show your *** up for game one and do your job...
When they arent at training camp, then Ill worry.

kskboys

Reaction score
lol.... this aint the 70s. Wrs are now who gets the money, not RB. Bob Griese threw for like 80 yards IN THE SUPER BPWL and won. Those days are over. So back then, yea, stopping the run was number 1 priority. Not today. Now, get ran on to the tune of 200 yards like the Cowboys seemed to have happen in any big game, and yea, you lose, but those are outliers.
Not what I meant at all. It's not about WRs vs RBs, it's about having the trenches to play against high caliber teams. RB's, WR's, CB's, they are all important, but you cannot overpay one player to the detriment of the team. 30 mil for a WR screws you in too many areas.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Not what I meant at all. It's not about WRs vs RBs, it's about having the trenches to play against high caliber teams. RB's, WR's, CB's, they are all important, but you cannot overpay one player to the detriment of the team. 30 mil for a WR screws you in too many areas.
lol.... were you one of the ones praising the brilliance of the Iggles? They have not 1 but 2 very high paid WRs.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Did you read the article? Actually I already know the answer.
Yes, I did. She’s 100% correct it makes zero sense not to already have this done. Also what makes zero sense is how you worded the thread title, so you guys share that in common

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
No logic I'd say that it's very logical there's easy answers look around the league this is not a Jones family issue this happens with a lot of players and they need to be more patient and I believe it's her right to state her opinion and I'm telling you she's dead wrong because she's signaled out of cowboy to get ratings and I like Mina I do I think she's cool and she has good opinions and she stands her ground with a bunch of dudes around her but in this case there's nothing to see here that's not going around the league not just at the wide receiver position this is just how contracts work when this kind of money is involved the logic is they gave the man 17 million in a fifth year option that's $1,000,000 a game to secure his services for this year while they workout a new deal it's very logical she's not in a position and neither of none of you running a billion dollar franchise with a salary cap in a roster limit and trying to pay these guys this type of money knowing they'll probably never have another season like they did meaning I don't think CD lambs ever gonna have another season like he had last year he'll still be really good he might even be great but that's the anomaly that's why they call it a career year just like Ezekiel Elliott you pay the guy and if you don't get the contract correct with all the other things you can add in there besides total money then you can get burned and the ownership has a right to be careful and make sure they're also in negotiations with two other parties the agent and the player who by the way you probably don't realize or holding this up anyway...

I like how the ownership is being blamed without taking into account what CD lamb and his agents might be asking for you guys think it's OK to say just here's a blank check put whatever you want in it I think that's what some people really believe should happen..LMAO
Cowboys have a reputation for lowballing players in negotiations. They have admitted that’s just how they negotiate—their “deadlines make deals” approach.

hornitosmonster

Reaction score
The Cowboys are losing Dak, Lamb, and Parsons. But you guys will probably be happy with Sanders and son because that's happening