There is nothing about the franchise that’s positive

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Come on now! Are we just going to give up like that? Yes, it's bad luck that we lost Frederick for a while, but it was bad luck when we lost Lee in 2014 as well. Did that stop this team from winning the division? No! It did not! I hope the players aren't going to surrender, because I bloody well won't! I've been through worse with this team now, and I'm not about to give up on this season. If the season ends up being dreadful for us, so be it, but I want our players to fight all 16 games if that's the way it's going to be!

Cowboy89

Reaction score
Once the team was established, any coach would win in todays game with that team. But if Garrett is the coach, that team never gets built and even if it does we might not win one SB. Not going up against the likes of the Niners and Bills in that era.

Right but the post I quoted was going over injuries between 93-95. They were built by said time. Nothing was said about 89-92.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I wish I could give this to Garrett, but it's easy enough to find. I hope this is the battle drum that our team beats this season. Let Old Winny's words carry us this season:

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
I feel you...I haven’t felt really good about this team in decades much less years. Even during our 13-3 seasons I can feel a first round loss coming. We can’t deal with adversity as players, coaches or fans.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
The positive news is the team didn't give up draft capital to acquire Earl Thomas. Now the news is out about Travis Fredrick's condition we don't need to waste anymore resources to make a run this year because it is unlikely to occur. Stay pat, get through the season, and try to reload next year. Unfortunately, I think this saves Garrett's job for 2019 though.

Of course, now that I don't want to trade for Earl Thomas, wouldn't be surprised if we give up a 1st and 2nd round draft pick real soon.

Yes, but if we can pull a 2014 Cowboys, we can really do well with talent acquisitions for when TF gets back. I don't want this team to give up.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Honestly, I think that is an OK way to approach it... Since when is a Cowboys team "championship level" anyways going into a season, that was like 30 years ago. LOL Anything better than 10-6 this season would be a miracle to me. I just want a good defense.
We're never a championship team because even in 2014 and 2016 our defense sucked. We always need luck to overcome our defense and our coaching. This year the defense might be better but now the question is on the offense.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Look here, I know a lot of you might get weary of me talking about this, but England's national team had a massive amount of obstacles facing them during the WC that would normally have sunk previous England teams. Yet, look what they did. You pessimists mean to tell me that this team doesn't have the same fortitude as England? I doubt it! I think this team can do just as well as England did in the WC. This team's young, and I think it's highly possible that we can do well this season. If we don't? Oh well, it doesn't make all that much difference anyway, does it? We'll still be here next year.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Doctor I'm confused... Does that make me a true cowboy's fan, having been through those 5-11's or just a masochists?

I was in high school for those seasons. They were dreadful. I believe that was the Campo years. Us Cowboys fans have put up with a lot these last 2 and a half decades. I don't get why people are so surprised why so many are pessimistic and don't have any confidence. That does not make them bad fans and no, it doesn't mean they need to switch teams. Waving pom poms and being an overly optimistic cheerleader does not make you a better fan. I see it all the time on here.

I am a die hard and will root for them until I'm no longer here but I am not drinking the kool aid every year. I call it like I see it. And that is we will never win anything with Garrett as our coach.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Exactly, and I suspect we might see a move for a centre before long. Not a big pick, but probably one that we can get as a bandaid if we feel we really need a bandaid at centre.

So basically another Jerron Johnson type? Anyone we get now won't be worth anything and the drop off will be huge. Frederick might have been the best center in the game so its only natural.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
So basically another Jerron Johnson type? Anyone we get now won't be worth anything and the drop off will be huge. Frederick might have been the best center in the game so its only natural.

Look, I get that this looks painfully bad without Frederick. I'm not saying we'll be able to replace everything he does, but I think we can find someone that can fill the void at least somewhat okayish. Can't be any worse than Costa.

jay94

Reaction score
We will win 10 games and probably a playoff game too. You guys are hilarious.

Very optimistic thinking with the holes we have on our team, sir I hope you are right, but I can't see this being the case in the majority of situations, yes we could get lucky, but if we ran a simulation a 100x on what could and should happen, just NOPE for even 25% of the time. Cowboys fans have to be dreamers these days because the results for the last 25 years are on paper.

NickZepp

Reaction score
Very optimistic thinking with the holes we have on our team, sir I hope you are right, but I can't see this being the case in the majority of situations, yes we could get lucky, but if we ran a simulation a 100x on what could and should happen, just NOPE for even 25% of the time. Cowboys fans have to be dreamers these days because the results for the last 25 years are on paper.
We've got a great defensive front 7. Probably the best defense in recent Cowboys history. That is all you need in the NFL really. Only thing holding me back from saying we are a top contender is QB play.