Twitter: There may not be kickoffs in the future

Derekmtl85

Reaction score
This all stems from the wussification of men in the U.S. These are grown men getting paid millions and know the risks of football when they sign up. If I had the physical tools to be lucky enough to be one of 1000 ppl in the world to play I would sign up, to set my family up for life financially, even if I died at 50.
Yeah, all the great dads rather die young on their kids,putting them through hell at a younger age, just to leave them money....oh wait, no they don't.

Not a fan of the rule, but what a weird comment to make. Money is more important than their dad/husband? Weird.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Yeah, all the great dads rather die young on their kids,putting them through hell at a younger age, just to leave them money....oh wait, no they don't.

Not a fan of the rule, but what a weird comment to make. Money is more important than their dad/husband? Weird.
I am a dad of 3 and a husband. It's not guaranteed that you will die young. Just saying these guys know the risks and willingly participate. As I would for an opportunity to play a game and set your kids and grandkids up financially.

coult44

Reaction score
Ok guys 4 pages of nonsense I can't take it any more. No kick offs means no inside kicks. No more huge history making comebacks. If your team is down with zero timeouts and you need two scores, they should just call the game.
The NFL will have a competitor soon, and if it's done correctly, this nonsense is over with!!!

Jeffkills

Reaction score
I always thought players were paid so high because of the risk....

For those who want to play professionally, play actual football..

Player safety for amature athletics is another matter...

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
So a violent sport is supposed to be safe to play? If the players want safety they should switch to chess I would say bingo but some of those old folks are dangerous

Wolf2k5

Reaction score
Sure seems easy to throw around “snowflake” comments when you’re not the one taking the shots....

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Won't be long until it's basically flag football.

Football with all the corruption in the FO and the officiating. all the rules changes, and not a one of them been for the better. More changes coming this year. Rules are to subjective for the refs to gear outcomes of the games. Too many commercials. They change the time keeping rules to speed up the games, because of all those commercials. And that takes away the number of plays and the quality of the games. And eventually with no kick off returns or punts returns if they take those away also. People will not care. It has already begun as the ratings show people are slowly going away to other things.

Football is becoming much less of a draw. They will be their own demise in 10 years. Well, may take a little while longer. But it is definitely changing for the worse.

But does it matter, we will still be at 8-8 with Garrett as our HC for the next 10 years.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This all stems from the wussification of men in the U.S. These are grown men getting paid millions and know the risks of football when they sign up. If I had the physical tools to be lucky enough to be one of 1000 ppl in the world to play I would sign up, to set my family up for life financially, even if I died at 50.

And it is not just happening in football. But that is another topic entirely.

mardwin

Reaction score
too many collisions and too many injuries, makes sense to eliminate it.

Rayman70

Reaction score
But if you had billions invested would you be willing to jeopardize your investment?
Yes..because fans are smart...it insults their intelligence if you try to water down the game YET still call it the NFL. At some point fans will walk away if this continues.