These cheating refs are out of control. I’m sick of it!

MarcusRock

Reaction score
We already know that. It’s been labeled as entertainment for a long time.
I would classify myself as entertainment too if it helps to fend off fan lawsuits because they disagreed with a holding call, lol. Pretty handy thing to have.

phildadon86

Reaction score
The best part of that was then the huddling up of the officials to then decide it was intentional grounding (although it appears there may have been a RB in the area). So not only do the Eagles get the benefit of not having a personal foul called on them giving the Bills a first down at around the 2-3 yard line, they actually get the benefit of the Bills now having to snap the ball on 3rd and goal from the 15.

That was keystone cops-esque right there.
Loss of down too lol

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I would classify myself as entertainment too if it helps to fend off fan lawsuits because they disagreed with a holding call, lol. Pretty handy thing to have.
How would a fan disagreeing with a holding call be grounds for a lawsuit? The simple fact it is a game played by and officiated by humans is all that would be needed to have a lawsuit tossed before it even started, plus, what damage could a fan claim? Being mad over the outcome of a recreational activity isn't grounds for a lawsuit.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Horse collar is a horse collar.

The irony of that is.

The horse collar rule was introduced because of Philadelphia. So for them to not call it when they do it is ironic.
This is after the game when NY officiating sky judge reviewed the play

Sydla

Reaction score

If you watch the replay, he uses the back of the jersey as well to spin Allen and throw him to the ground. It was a horse collar by the definition of the rule.

NFL tends to be defensive of these calls immediately after the game and then later in the week, a team quietly gets a notice from the league office that yeah, they ***** up.

Redline360

Reaction score
So your take is players / coaches should take their ball and go home when things aren’t going their way? What a great lesson.

Whaaa we got a bad call, let’s quit
That's not what I'm saying. You just took it to the extreme.

kskboys

Reaction score
The horrific reffing is now being discussed at a national level, including Mr Tom Brady. What say you naysayers???

Dallasfann

Reaction score
The irony of your post is that thinking everyone cares about Dallas is why there’s an abundance of people that hate the Cowboys because of their fans.
Exactly. I should of added that into my post to help prove my point. Thank you for helping my argument.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
I agree there were a couple of bad misses but I’m don’t think the refs were cheating at all. If they had an agenda to let Philly win why would they call those two false starts on Kelce? Could have let a lot of stuff go and never had it go to overtime.
They are going to call some things here and there for the teams they have an agenda for. Even the Brady teams got calls against them here and there. You think 2 false starts equal the amount of holding Philly gets away with on both sides of the ball all game? So many of Hurts runs and Swift runs are created because of blatant holding to seal the edges and stop the defense from penetrating. Eagles get away with holding and PI a ton. Romo called it out several times but no calls.

There is absolutely an agenda for Philly. There was one for the Pats. Chiefs, Steelers and now the Eagles. All those QBs are the league's goldenboys. The same in the NBA with the Bulls, Lakers, Spurs, Lebron and Warriors.

The only reason the Eagles were called for that PI in the Super Bowl is because it was against their goldenboy Mahomes who has seniority over Hurts. And Philly fans had the audacity to then be livid and talk about refs when so many of their outcomes are aided by refball.

I get it, people want to bury their head in the sand and pretend it isn't going on because that would hurt the integrity of what they are watching. Just like WWF fans wanted to pretend that was real, well so do sports fans. NBA already had a huge ref scandal that sent one of them to prison. But we are supposed to believe it can't ever happen in any other sport?

And too many times people just look at the end game penalty stats to study if there was any bias. This doesn't even begin to tell the story. For one, it doesn't show all the missed calls that favor a team. Philly gets a ton of them every game. Two, it doesn't actually spell out when the calls were made and which situation. All penalties are not equal. Calling holding on the offense when it's 3rd and 30 isn't the same as calling holding on your team after a 50yd run play that negates that. Both are 10yd penalties on paper, but are on opposite ends of the impact it had on the game.

How many more games do you need to see this to believe there is something up?

Dallasfann

Reaction score
Not at all. Not just met, have two friends that don’t give a crap and one is an NFC fan. One lives and breaths Atlanta which has sucked for him. The other is a Ravens fan. Don’t give a crap if you believe they or not. The NFL fandom doesn’t revolve around the Cowboys. They are the most popular team, but certainly there are many that don’t care.
What would your friends do if the Ravens or Atlanta were playing the Cowboys?

Listen - I see you're going to get worked up over this. All I'm proving is that refs, no matter how hard you try to discount it, are biased one way or the other. Even more so towards the Cowboys then any other NFL team because everyone except your 2 friends has an opinion on the them. Good or bad. Might even go in our favor some weeks.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
How would a fan disagreeing with a holding call be grounds for a lawsuit? The simple fact it is a game played by and officiated by humans is all that would be needed to have a lawsuit tossed before it even started, plus, what damage could a fan claim? Being mad over the outcome of a recreational activity isn't grounds for a lawsuit.
Have you seen the stuff just the fans around here post about "justice" needing to be done? But talk to the Jets fans who sued over spygate claiming they were "cheated" out of what they spent on tickets. Yes, it went to court. And yes the entertainment defense was effective and would likely smack down any other attempt. Fans will try though.

JMech

Reaction score

If you saw what sort of leverage he had as he threw Josh Allen to the ground, he had a hold of shoulder pads at the back. No one could leverage in that manner to take down a 230 lb QB with that ease. Had he had the jersey, it would have pulled away since he already had torn the front of the jersey. This is pure mechanics. Horse-collar tackle.

JMech

Reaction score

Oh, I just recognized that this was a Beagle fan trying to defend the ruling on the field. Give it up friend, the refs were in your back pocket. Without it, no way were you beating Buffalo.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
The refs want to hand it to the Eagles. That much is obvious after watching the 9ers game.

One time? OK, coincidence. Two times within one month, and I start to see a pattern.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
This! So true. Make sure all the refs on every crew know to be biased, but only a bit biased, so that their record is good but not great. Also, make sure that all of these crew members never reveal this conspiracy, ever!
So, my cousins are friends with Ed Hochuli's kids. I know for a fact refs make biased calls. Any time there are humans involved in making a judgement, the input goes in and bias comes out.

That's jurisprudence and interpersonal communications 101 stuff.

jwitten82

Reaction score
On a related note, the Earth is an oblate spheroid, we landed on the moon in 1969 and dinosaurs actually existed even though the term wasn't coined until the 1800s.
You a flat earther boi? Dinosaurs did exist