These cheating refs are out of control. I’m sick of it!

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
The Eagles trolls are all outing themselves on this thread.

I'm not a Bills fan. But, man...they suffered tonight the worst officiating screw-job in a half that I've seen watching the NFL since 1970. The refs didn't even try to hide it. It was like a pro wrestling match that used to come on TV Saturday afternoons years ago. And the entire country saw it. And should be outraged. I hate that professional, organized (crime) gamblers have taken over professional sports, and completely ruined it for anyone who wants to see a fair contest, and not some staged, "entertainment" event.
You're not a Bills fan...but you hate the Eagles and very much wanted them to lose...so surprise surprise it's unfathomable to you that maybe the Bills just actually committed more penalties. They've been sloppy an undisciplined all year! And their sloppiness is discussed in here ALL the time...yet when they play the Eagles their sloppiness is the refs cheating them

LoL

phildadon86

Reaction score
You're not a Bills fan...but you hate the Eagles and very much wanted them to lose...so surprise surprise it's unfathomable to you that maybe the Bills just actually committed more penalties. They've been sloppy an undisciplined all year! And their sloppiness is discussed in here ALL the time...yet when they play the Eagles their sloppiness is the refs cheating them

LoL
Horse collar is a horse collar.

The irony of that is.

The horse collar rule was introduced because of Philadelphia. So for them to not call it when they do it is ironic.

doomsday9084

Reaction score
The refs were just awful yesterday for sure. And the NFL has a problem with poor officiating. But cheating or fixing games? I don't buy that. If I felt the outcomes of games were fixed I would never watch another NFL game.

There‘s a big difference between incompetence and cheating.
I've been a fan of the NFL for a long time. IMO the refs are no worse today than they were in the past. The biggest difference is probably slow motion high definition instant replays allowing fans to see all of the errors. On our old picture tube tv's, we just couldn't see as much.

What bothers me is that games where I walked away thinking that the results were significantly shaded were pretty rare in the past. In the end, everything normally balanced out. Recently I have seen it where the flags are frequently flying for one team and not the other and that's often times going towards the team that is losing early.

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
Season in and season out these refs keep helping the dirty birds, chiefs and used to help the patriots. Buffalo should have won that game!!!!! They were robbed! I am sick and tired of watching the same stupid biased cheating ref calls and non calls over and over and over and over and over. These refs are out of control! It doesn’t matter if we go 10-7, 12-5 or 17-0! We will walk into the playoffs and the refs will hit us with an uppercut!! Oh I hate it!!!
It's funny, when I go to other boards their fans say the same thing about the refs helping us. Not this passionate, but it's there. When I watch these games I believe the refs do their best but they make mistakes. Most of the time instant replay can fix those mistakes, but things like pass interference aren't questioned.

The only bad calls I saw were a horse collar that the Eagles should have been flagged for, but it ended up not mattering because the fumbled immediately preceding it giving Buffalo the ball back, and putting up 7 points on that turnover made it a mute point.

Later in the game I believe it was Romo complained about a pass interference that he felt should have been called. You rarely see that called at any game. While Romo argued it could have been defensive pass interference, it looked like it could have been called offensive pass interference as well since the receiver pushed off.

I'm always of the belief that they do the best they can. They usually make mistakes on both side of the ball. I'm not of the belief in conspiracy theories, but I do understand fan passion. It still mind-boggling some of the dumb plays players make at key times of the game. You think what were they thinking??? Usually a couple days after a game you start to think clearly again and things look different, and you see things from another perspective rationally. Try it. It works with me.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Horse collar is a horse collar.

The irony of that is.

The horse collar rule was introduced because of Philadelphia. So for them to not call it when they do it is ironic.
LMAO!! The rule was created because of Philly?

The Rule was nicknamed the Roy Williams Rule...because he did that all the time.

Just be more straightforward and tell the world you're going to hold your breath till you get what you want. It would be more grown up.

Sydla

Reaction score

LoL
Ehhhh........... it was pretty lopsided in the first half call wise. I get that Buffalo is undisciplined but there were a lot of questionable calls (how about the false start on the center? No one on the OL moved). The missed horse collar but then flag them for grounding despite a RB being in the area was a massive call that likely took 7 points off the board for Buffalo. The one official is literally staring right at it when they showed the replay........... how do you miss that but then huddle up and come up with an intentional grounding call? I don't think it's bias as much as it's incompetence and the reality that the good teams tend to get A LOT of benefit of the doubt. Think to other sports - Lakers and Bulls during Jordan's day, they seemed to get many of the key calls. The Patriots always seemed to get the key calls in big moments.

That was a pretty shoddy officiated game yesterday and this year, at least, the Eagles have seemed to come out on the positive side of these poorly officiated games.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
The Vikings and Jaguars have the least penalties in the league.

Why is nobody crying about the league trying to help out Jacksonville and Minnesota?

Oh..stupid. because it's stupid?

LOL

phildadon86

Reaction score
LMAO!! The rule was created because of Philly?

The Rule was nicknamed the Roy Williams Rule...because he did that all the time.

Just be more straightforward and tell the world you're going to hold your breath till you get what you want. It would be more grown up.
The rule was put into place because of TO's broken ankle. Yes because of Roy williams.

You telling me to grow up is also. Ironic.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Seemed like a well called game to me. Not sure what you’re talking about.

In fact, I’m amazed at how good the refs are year in and year out. The game is so fast, have you ever been on the sideline for a pro game? I have, It’s shockingly fast. I have no idea how they get things right as much as they do.
Because they are trained professionals?

With very specific responsibilities?

And have consensus/review options?

tunahelper

Reaction score
"Hey, whaddya say we make sure our most popular team never wins?"

-

If this was fixed the Cowboys would dominate.

Nothing to see here. Just weak fan nonsense.
You can certainly argue that point, however one could counter Dallas doesn't win big and still is the most popular and highest earning franchise.

Recent world events has reminded me that nothing is beyond approach. Where large volumes of money is found you can be certain corruption is abundant.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
The rule was put into place because of TO's broken ankle. Yes because of Roy williams.

You telling me to grow up is also. Ironic.
Then shake this nonsense off!

Every game is officiated imperfectly.

WE have lots of infractions every game we get away with! Every team does! It's like 5 or 6 old dudes trying to keep up and and control 22 gigantic 25 year olds running a 100 mph in constant mayhem. It's never gonna be perfect.

You must know that every fan base thinks THEIR team gets screwed by the Refs.

Every fan base. It's just utter silliness to actually believe "they're out to get you". And your perception of what transpires biases how you see it. MISSED CALLS EVERY GAME...EVERY TEAM

phildadon86

Reaction score
Then shake this nonsense off!

Every game is officiated imperfectly.

WE have lots of infractions every game we get away with! Every team does! It's like 5 or 6 old dudes trying to keep up and and control 22 gigantic 25 year olds running a 100 mph in constant mayhem. It's never gonna be perfect.

You must know that every fan base thinks THEIR team gets screwed by the Refs.

Every fan base. It's just utter silliness to actually believe "they're out to get you". And your perception of what transpires biases how you see it. MISSED CALLS EVERY GAME...EVERY TEAM
Missing a horse collar right in front of a ref isn’t normal.

Creeper

Reaction score
I am not ready to say the refs are cheating although it looks very suspicious. If it was just one game with the Eagles we could pass it off as bad officiating which is prevalent throughout the league. But when the Eagles played Miami, Dallas and now Buffalo, the officiating has been so one sided it is hard to not be suspicious of the refs. The Miami game had the refs calling 10 Miami penalties to the Eagles 0. That alone is hard to imagine. Then against Dallas we saw several huge plays benefit the Eagles while Dallas was also called for 10 penalties, 8 in the first half to the Eagles 2 in the first half. Once the Eagles got a comfortable lead, the flags started flying against them too. But what effect do the early flags have on the game?

Last night's game was really bad. Buffalo got called for 11 penalties in the first half. 10 were awarded because 1 was offset by an Eagles penalty - of course. But like the Miami and Dallas games, it was the flags that were not thrown. The horse collar tackle for example, or the two pass interference play that were not called. On the horse collar tackle, not only didn't the refs call a penalty on the Eagles, they gave the Bills an intentional ground penalty! Instead of a first and goal inside the Eagles 2 yard line, they had a 3rd and 16 from the Eagles 16. How much did that penalty effect the game? It turns out the Bills missed the FG which is on them.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
How is it possible to defend the refs in the Philly/Buffalo game and/or say that it didn't influence the income?

Buffalo had opportunities to win, yes. But like in the Dallas game, when you are so disadvantaged by the officiating, you have to play perfect football on a handful of plays to win - that's impossible. The nonsense roughing doesn't change the fact that they shouldn't have been in position for that call to matter, just like the Dallas game. It was the exact same script.

The easiest answer is that the refs are betting on the games.

Reaction score
Funny how many post here are saying the refs were helping the Eagles win. I guess they don't remember the end of the 4th quarter where the eagles needed at least a field-goal. and the refs called 2 false starts on the Eagles center. Moving the kick back to a tie for the 35th longest kick in NFL history and it was in bad weather. Did the refs forget they were trying to help the Eagles?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It couldn't be that refs are human and miss things for that reason, right?

Sydla

Reaction score
Missing a horse collar right in front of a ref isn’t normal.
The best part of that was then the huddling up of the officials to then decide it was intentional grounding (although it appears there may have been a RB in the area). So not only do the Eagles get the benefit of not having a personal foul called on them giving the Bills a first down at around the 2-3 yard line, they actually get the benefit of the Bills now having to snap the ball on 3rd and goal from the 15.

That was keystone cops-esque right there.

Pola_pe_a

Reaction score
Nothing is going to change until players, coaches, or teams start walking off the field. All it takes is one team to walk off the field mid game to get the ball rolling. So much money would be loss they would need to do something about it.

We have sport announcers, even the people in the replay booth, players, ex players, and even coaches calling out officiating. Granted the coaches beat around the bush much more.

I'm not big into the whole league is rigged conspiracy but you must be blind if you think certain games aren't influenced heavily.
So your take is players / coaches should take their ball and go home when things aren’t going their way? What a great lesson.

Whaaa we got a bad call, let’s quit.