These cheating refs are out of control. I’m sick of it!

NumOneQB

Reaction score
Wow, just watched a replay and that’s a textbook horse collar tackle. Dude had his hand inside the rear collar of the shoulder pad. Granted, it was off to one side but his hand was in the collar. For as much as the refs coddle a QBs balls, how the hell did they miss that?????

Reaction score
They are going to call some things here and there for the teams they have an agenda for. Even the Brady teams got calls against them here and there. You think 2 false starts equal the amount of holding Philly gets away with on both sides of the ball all game? So many of Hurts runs and Swift runs are created because of blatant holding to seal the edges and stop the defense from penetrating. Eagles get away with holding and PI a ton. Romo called it out several times but no calls.

There is absolutely an agenda for Philly. There was one for the Pats. Chiefs, Steelers and now the Eagles. All those QBs are the league's goldenboys. The same in the NBA with the Bulls, Lakers, Spurs, Lebron and Warriors.

The only reason the Eagles were called for that PI in the Super Bowl is because it was against their goldenboy Mahomes who has seniority over Hurts. And Philly fans had the audacity to then be livid and talk about refs when so many of their outcomes are aided by refball.

I get it, people want to bury their head in the sand and pretend it isn't going on because that would hurt the integrity of what they are watching. Just like WWF fans wanted to pretend that was real, well so do sports fans. NBA already had a huge ref scandal that sent one of them to prison. But we are supposed to believe it can't ever happen in any other sport?

And too many times people just look at the end game penalty stats to study if there was any bias. This doesn't even begin to tell the story. For one, it doesn't show all the missed calls that favor a team. Philly gets a ton of them every game. Two, it doesn't actually spell out when the calls were made and which situation. All penalties are not equal. Calling holding on the offense when it's 3rd and 30 isn't the same as calling holding on your team after a 50yd run play that negates that. Both are 10yd penalties on paper, but are on opposite ends of the impact it had on the game.

How many more games do you need to see this to believe there is something up?
Every play in the NFL could have a penalty. The top teams seem to get the calls. It is not that the refs help the top teams but rather the weaker teams have to stretch the rules in order to compete. When they do it often enough they get penalized. I know it's ancient history when the Cowboys were a top team, you seem to have forgotten when they were they got all the calls.

offlimits

Reaction score
Someday we will all learn that the NFL identifies itself as an entertainment industry. And in those industries the outcomes can be controlled.

Remember when the league didn't want a team in Las Vegas because they didn't want to be associated with gambling and the potential questions that games could be fixed?

Well those days are over. And there is more angst about the officiating now more than ever. Coincidence? I think not.
I have mentioned this before. Tax and court documents. The NFL is listed as an "entertainment industry". Not a sports league. I have always found this telling.

Cowboys1966

Reaction score
The Eagles trolls are all outing themselves on this thread.

I'm not a Bills fan. But, man...they suffered tonight the worst officiating screw-job in a half that I've seen watching the NFL since 1970. The refs didn't even try to hide it. It was like a pro wrestling match that used to come on TV Saturday afternoons years ago. And the entire country saw it. And should be outraged. I hate that professional, organized (crime) gamblers have taken over professional sports, and completely ruined it for anyone who wants to see a fair contest, and not some staged, "entertainment" event.
So why were there bad calls against Philly also? Was that just to throw people off the scent? Lol. Yea the eagles prob got the better of the calls but some of you act like it’s an intentional conspiracy,,,

no conspiracy…the refs just suck.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Missing a horse collar right in front of a ref isn’t normal.
Google: missed NFL calls.

Hundreds and hundreds of missed calls every session that are blatant.

The lre are 7 refs at the game....and a couple of those aren't even paying attention to things that would be in play penalties. There's 22 players. Not enough eyes to catch what 22 guys are doing. Maybe they need more refs? Sure. But it's not some conspiracy....

Also...the Earth isn't flat

Sydla

Reaction score
Google: missed NFL calls.

Hundreds and hundreds of missed calls every session that are blatant.

The lre are 7 refs at the game....and a couple of those aren't even paying attention to things that would be in play penalties. There's 22 players. Not enough eyes to catch what 22 guys are doing. Maybe they need more refs? Sure. But it's not some conspiracy....

Also...the Earth isn't flat
I mean in the one case, the ref is literally looking right at the play. Can't hide behind the "can't see all 22 players defense here"................. and it involved the QB, who always has a ref looking at him. So to miss a horse collar and then come up with an intentional grounding call, both non-reviewable too by the way, is pretty funny and certainly can't be chalked up to "too many players to watch"

That was just bad officiating right there.

Ken

Reaction score
Right. And the soft roughing the passer on the flop by Allen, the two (very real) false starts on Kelce (that the biased refs should have just ignored) and the shocking way in which the refs moved the goalposts forward by 10 yards to allow Elliot to hit the game tying 59 (I mean 49) yard field goal in terrible conditions. The refs FIXED it!!!!
The roughing call is the NFL today. That gets called almost every time, imo.

I am more concerned with the PI's (2) on Slay that weren't called in key situations. I am more concerned with the non Horsecollar call but an Intentional grounding call that wasn't even an IG.

I am MUCH more concerned with the Eagles only having 3 offensive holding calls on the SEASON.

JOKE.

Cowboys1966

Reaction score

I am more concerned with the PI's (2) on Slay that weren't called in key situations. I am more concerned with the non Horsecollar call but an Intentional grounding call that wasn't even an IG.

I am MUCH more concerned with the Eagles only having 3 offensive holding calls on the SEASON.

JOKE.
The horse collar seemed borderline to me. As did the late RTP. At the end of regulation Kelce got two penalties that should have cost eagles the game. Those were 4 very late key calls that went against the eagles…at the most crucial part of the game…and they still won

mote

Reaction score

JOKE.
Maybe because they have a better OL than most teams, and the best OL coach in the league, they aren't called for holding as much? Better players playing better than weaker players is precisely why teams win. Perhaps your intense focus on one team and "missed calls" is misguided. You could probably make the same argument against every team in the league. Go review film, identify missed penalties in every single game and see where each team stacks up. You think there aren't missed calls in Cowboys game that work in their favor?

Sydla

Reaction score

JOKE.
At the end of the day, there is no doubt that certain teams just benefit from calls moreso than others. It happens across all sports and typically happens for the better teams in the league. I just think it's a combo of bad officiating and human nature where officials think the better teams don't typically commit penalties compared to the bad teams. I don't think there is a conspiracy here, I don't think the league office has secret meetings where they instruct refs to let team A or team B get away with stuff but then make sure to overcall team C and team D for penalties.

I just think it's overall inconsistency, incompetence and human nature at work here. I think lack of any punishment for officials making awful calls also is likely a factor here.

Ken

Reaction score
The horse collar seemed borderline to me. As did the late RTP. At the end of regulation Kelce got two penalties that should have cost eagles the game. Those were 4 very late key calls that went against the eagles…at the most crucial part of the game…and they still won
They shouldn't have called the intentional grounding. There was a WR right next to him.

I can't help the Kelce false starts...don't false start.

Sydla

Reaction score
The issue here isn't making the right call. The issue is making the wrong calls. So just because Kelce got called for two penalties (which were in fact penalties) doesn't change the narrative here.

The reality is the Eagles (and a couple of other teams) tend to get the benefit of the doubt and in fact have likely benefitted from favorable calls this season more than other teams. Again, they went through an entire game against Miami with no penalties. How is that possible? They had a 10 to 1 penalty advantage in the first half yesterday, which seems impossible especially given the conditions. Again, not a conspiracy but frankly just a continuation of what we see across all the major sports.

Cowboys1966

Reaction score
Wow, just watched a replay and that’s a textbook horse collar tackle. Dude had his hand inside the rear collar of the shoulder pad. Granted, it was off to one side but his hand was in the collar. For as much as the refs coddle a QBs balls, how the hell did they miss that?????
That was not a textbook horse collar tackle.

I don’t think he dropped all of his weight on it…he just used it to fling him. To me, most horse collar injuries were all caused by the sudden body weight drop combined with the grip on collar.

Cowboys1966

Reaction score
The issue here isn't making the right call. The issue is making the wrong calls. So just because Kelce got called for two penalties (which were in fact penalties) doesn't change the narrative here.

The reality is the Eagles (and a couple of other teams) tend to get the benefit of the doubt and in fact have likely benefitted from favorable calls this season more than other teams. Again, they went through an entire game against Miami with no penalties. How is that possible? They had a 10 to 1 penalty advantage in the first half yesterday, which seems impossible especially given the conditions. Again, not a conspiracy but frankly just a continuation of what we see across all the major sports.
They should allow coaches to challenge penalties.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
I mean in the one case, the ref is literally looking right at the play. Can't hide behind the "can't see all 22 players defense here"................. and it involved the QB, who always has a ref looking at him. So to miss a horse collar and then come up with an intentional grounding call, both non-reviewable too by the way, is pretty funny and certainly can't be chalked up to "too many players to watch"

That was just bad officiating right there.
Not saying it isn't bad officiating.

But your bias makes your ignore the bad or missed calls that actually benefit us (which there are plenty, every game, just like with every team)...and makes you harp on the bad or missed calls that benefit teams you hate.

Sydla

Reaction score
That was not a textbook horse collar tackle.

I don’t think he dropped all of his weight on it…he just used it to fling him. To me, most horse collar injuries were all caused by the sudden body weight drop combined with the grip on collar.
To you doesn't matter. By the rule, he spun him using both the front and back of this jersey. That should have been a horse collar. And to then huddle up and then come up with intentional grounding, which apparently wasn't IG as there was a receiver in the area, was just the cherry on top of that sequence of events by that officiating crew.

DripTooHard

Reaction score
It’s one of the reasons why I don’t get invested in NFL football anymore. I abandoned the NBA years ago cause of their game rigging. The NFL has just about pushed me away.
I’m tired of the refs purposefully keeping games close so there are constantly dramatic endings for the higher ratings and ad money payouts.
This is the winning post. It is all about ad revenue and keeping games close. The rules are written by lawyers and allow for interpretation and leeway to control the flow of the game. I don’t think the game is rigged but I do believe the league does shape the flow of the game using the refs. Games would otherwise get out of hand quickly and people would turn off their TVs. The refs do enter games with a game plan.

Sydla

Reaction score
Not saying it isn't bad officiating.

But your bias makes your ignore the bad or missed calls that actually benefit us (which yhere are plenty, every game, just like with every team)...and makes you harp on the bad or missed calls that benefit teamsbyou hate.
I am not missing anything. I absolutely acknowledge that all teams, at some point, get calls (or non-calls) that go their way. Even us. But there is no doubt, across most sports, that some teams just seem to get away with more stuff or benefit more from officiating than others. It happens in basketball, hockey, soccer, etc. I don't think it's a conspiracy but I do believe that subconciously some officials let some of the better teams get away with stuff.

I had little issue with the Patriots during their run. It didn't bother me that they were on the run they were on. I didn't "hate" the Patriots. But they sure seemed to benefit more than they were hurt by officiating over the years. It's just human nature that good teams tend to get away with more than others.

mote

Reaction score
I am not missing anything. I absolutely acknowledge that all teams, at some point, get calls (or non-calls) that go their way. Even us. But there is no doubt, across most sports, that some teams just seem to get away with more stuff or benefit more from officiating than others. It happens in basketball, hockey, soccer, etc. I don't think it's a conspiracy but I do believe that subconciously some officials let some of the better teams get away with stuff.

I had little issue with the Patriots during their run. It didn't bother me that they were on the run they were on. I didn't "hate" the Patriots. But they sure seemed to benefit more than they were hurt by officiating over the years. It's just human nature that good teams tend to get away with more than others.
Or better teams have better players that don't need to foul as much to achieve the same outcome. In soccer, there are defenders that are just outstanding at timing their tackles to get the ball without fouling, and others that aren't quite as good, leading to fouls, yellow/red cards and PKs. Why can't the same principle apply to Travis Kelce versus other centers in the league, for example?