They cannot make the Lamb mistake again

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Yes, it was a mistake because it was all for flash and splash while bobbing around on the ocean, it was a pick for applause. It was all luxury for a team deep in needs.

The case some make is the value of Lamb at 17. Was he not a value at 16, 15, 14, 13? Why did those GM's pass on him? Because they're GM's with their jobs on the line to improve the team, not take a bow for a draft pick.

Another case is what D player was worth that pick? Chaisson? The answer is any D player that could help the worst D in the league and worst in Cowboys history. He didn't have to be a world beater, just a player they could count on to be 1 of the 11.

1 of 11. How many do they have now? If they'd used that on a D player, might they be closer than they are now? And what if he doesn't work out? Then they'd know and keep going back to the well.

I saw all of the celebrating here when they took Lamb and few asking why was he available? Partly because most GM's were trying to fill needs and partly because they didn't have him at 6th on their board.

He was the Cowboys first pick and led them in drops and was 2nd in the league in drops but his fans here will make excuses for him. And WR is the most plentiful position in the league.

This draft should be the easiest for the Cowboys, if they go D as they should have last year. Their needs are plenty and the only position they don't need with that first pick is DE.

The Lamb pick was a mistake and I had 0 doubt about that then or now. However, my greatest doubt about this team remains the same, they're just not good at talent evaluation and compound that by doubling down on some of their selections because they look at it from an ego standpoint. If it is mine, it must be good.

Lamb? No thank you, give me the beef!

Believe me they can make that mistake again.

And i sure do believe they will.

And it will be the same as last year: They will celebrate each other and 99% of Cowboys fans will cheer with them. And they will run to buy the new jerseys.

dallasdave

Reaction score
That Lamb pick was easily the best selection since Dak in the 4th round..

The kid is lighting in a bottle, and I can't envision any scenario where he doesn't just eclipse Cooper's ability, but I think he's going to shatter that standard and do things truly special as a WR...
  • Besides that dropped pass, we shouldn't mention, he's got great hands, power, misdirection, size, speed, tracking ability, and other intangibles, which could make him a Dallas Cowboys legend forever...
AP20327813987388.jpg
You said AND SAID it well, Lamb was a great pick :bow::bow::bow::bow::welcome::welcome::welcome:

shabazz

Reaction score
When we get a baller at the Qb position again, the Lamb pick will make sense.

Better than taking another defensive end that is either a pothead, a dumb-azz or just plain lazy and entitled

I’m Good with the pick

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
But the team overall improved because you brought in a quality experienced defender and added cap space with little to no drop-off at offense.

That could be true if you helped the defense, but since when have the Cowboys brought in a "quality" free agent? Hardy, Thornton, McCoy, Poe. It goes on and on, I have zero faith this team can find "quality" free agents.

All that would happen is you'd have essentially the same offense, which can't outscore the other team with this awful defense...

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
That could be true if you helped the defense, but since when have the Cowboys brought in a "quality" free agent? Hardy, Thornton, McCoy, Poe. It goes on and on, I have zero faith this team can find "quality" free agents.

All that would happen is you'd have essentially the same offense, which can't outscore the other team with this awful defense...

You also would have traded for a defensive player or received an additional draft pick to allocate to the defense. The Cowboys have done pretty well with the draft and trades in recent years.

CWR

Reaction score
Yes, it was a mistake because it was all for flash and splash while bobbing around on the ocean, it was a pick for applause. It was all luxury for a team deep in needs.

The case some make is the value of Lamb at 17. Was he not a value at 16, 15, 14, 13? Why did those GM's pass on him? Because they're GM's with their jobs on the line to improve the team, not take a bow for a draft pick.

Another case is what D player was worth that pick? Chaisson? The answer is any D player that could help the worst D in the league and worst in Cowboys history. He didn't have to be a world beater, just a player they could count on to be 1 of the 11.

1 of 11. How many do they have now? If they'd used that on a D player, might they be closer than they are now? And what if he doesn't work out? Then they'd know and keep going back to the well.

I saw all of the celebrating here when they took Lamb and few asking why was he available? Partly because most GM's were trying to fill needs and partly because they didn't have him at 6th on their board.

He was the Cowboys first pick and led them in drops and was 2nd in the league in drops but his fans here will make excuses for him. And WR is the most plentiful position in the league.

This draft should be the easiest for the Cowboys, if they go D as they should have last year. Their needs are plenty and the only position they don't need with that first pick is DE.

The Lamb pick was a mistake and I had 0 doubt about that then or now. However, my greatest doubt about this team remains the same, they're just not good at talent evaluation and compound that by doubling down on some of their selections because they look at it from an ego standpoint. If it is mine, it must be good.

Lamb? No thank you, give me the beef!

Im on the fence. BPA is great, but we have needs. Fortunately (I suppose) we have a a lot of needs. BPA at a position of need should be easy. I hope this draft is DEFENSE all day long.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Lamb is a great example why you may be disappointed on draft day this year.

Do we need defense? Of course.

Did we need defense last year? Of course.

Would you trade Lamb for Chaisson??????

You take what the draft offers.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
You also would have traded for a defensive player or received an additional draft pick to allocate to the defense. The Cowboys have done pretty well with the draft and trades in recent years.

You said bringing in an experienced quality defender was part of the deal, I was just responding to that part of your comment, sure the extra cap space, etc. would probably help. Not a good bet the free agent would be that great, based on Jerry's recent free agent history....

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Lamb can be an all-time Great !!!!:bow::bow::bow:

Or tear up a knee or shoulder and have to retire. Or get worse. Or have already reached his ceiling.

That's why you wait 3 years in most cases before you judge drafts.

But agreed he has gotten off to a great start....

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Chaisson Who they would have taken and been a massive mistake has 1 sack and 19 tackles and started 3 game’s. Guy has bust written all over him.

CeeDee has 74 catches 935 yards 5 TD also a rushing TD and special teams TD

Cowboys would have been fools to pass on CeeDee

We have no idea what the draft board looked like, so you can't say with any certainly that Chaisson was next man up on the board. CD is a great player at a position we were already loaded at. Adding to a strength does not improve the team.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We have no idea what the draft board looked like, so you can't say with any certainly that Chaisson was next man up on the board. CD is a great player at a position we were already loaded at. Adding to a strength does not improve the team.
Another poster said they said Chaisson would have been the pick but I never saw that from Booger. I did see something that they might have taken Diggs if Lamb hadn't been there.

The objective is to score more points than the opposition. Some GM's see that path in preventing the other team from scoring but Booger sees that as scoring more through offense and that fits his philosophy of why people watch the game.

It is certainly not a new concept but how well has that worked for guys like Coryell? The Rams were an anomaly with the best O and D at the same time. And I agree that defense is not what it once was and high octane offenses can make it happen but in my mind. the Lamb pick did not improve the offense or the team.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Another poster said they said Chaisson would have been the pick but I never saw that from Booger. I did see something that they might have taken Diggs if Lamb hadn't been there.

The objective is to score more points than the opposition. Some GM's see that path in preventing the other team from scoring but Booger sees that as scoring more through offense and that fits his philosophy of why people watch the game.

It is certainly not a new concept but how well has that worked for guys like Coryell? The Rams were an anomaly with the best O and D at the same time. And I agree that defense is not what it once was and high octane offenses can make it happen but in my mind. the Lamb pick did not improve the offense or the team.

Chaisson was one of those players on every draft gurus board and many on here just assume that b/c (insert draft guru) had him going to Dallas then it must also be what the team is thinking. Then its passed around until it becomes a factoid.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score

Chaisson was one of those players on every draft gurus board and many on here just assume that b/c (insert draft guru) had him going to Dallas then it must also be what the team is thinking. Then its passed around until it becomes a factoid.

Jones, however, has since revealed that there was one other player he was eyeing at No. 17 overall. That player was still available when the Cowboys picked, but they passed on him to select Lamb.

The Cowboys owner revealed on Sunday night that the player was former LSU defensive end K’Lavon Chaisson.

Jerry said:

“We were sitting there in that draft and boy there our end, our defensive end, fell to us from LSU. And we were so giddy, but there sat CeeDee Lamb. And I’ll never forget, my grandson Shy reached over and punched me. I was sitting on the couch and he said, ‘Production, Papa. Production. Look at his production! Look at his production!’”

“Now my other grandson had told me when they played LSU at Arkansas, everything they did they had to game plan around that pass rush. So you say well what is this, listening to grandsons? Well and I looked up there just reminded me that that last name was Lamb.”

“We had had it all for the right reasons. He’s just a unique, unique football player. Unique talent. And boy it all fell together and, it just really was almost like an omen. He was certainly one of the best friends I’ve ever had. He lived vicariously every breath that I’ve got to be involved as a Cowboy. And Jerry Lamb was an outstanding, great player and great leader.”

Link:

https://thespun.com/nfl/nfc-east/dallas-cowboys/jerry-jones-cee-dee-lamb-one-player-cowboys-drafted

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Picking Lamb, is not what's wrong with Dallas. Picking injured, sick, diseased, troubled, lazy, and malcontents; that's the problem.

Point-of-the-Star

Reaction score
I'm happy as hell they picked Lamb. BPA in the first round always.
This all day long.

The Tom Landry / Tex Schramm philosophy . . . BPA. It makes your team better. In this case it also made your dire division rival weaker!

Gotta be one of the dumber drama threads on a forum buried in dumb drama threads. And from a guy I generally respect as a poster. :facepalm::huh:

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
This all day long.

The Tom Landry / Tex Schramm philosophy . . . BPA. It makes your team better. In this case it also made your dire division rival weaker!

Gotta be one of the dumber drama threads on a forum buried in dumb drama threads. And from a guy I generally respect as a poster. :facepalm::huh:
Yeah, no doubt that Lamb was the correct choice. Not to mention that his performance this year and K’Lavon Chaisson’s performance has only solidified that Lamb was by far the best pick.

If Dallas is ok at any defensive position, it would be DE. Chaisson wouldn’t have helped much at all.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jones, however, has since revealed that there was one other player he was eyeing at No. 17 overall. That player was still available when the Cowboys picked, but they passed on him to select Lamb.

The Cowboys owner revealed on Sunday night that the player was former LSU defensive end K’Lavon Chaisson.

Jerry said:

“We were sitting there in that draft and boy there our end, our defensive end, fell to us from LSU. And we were so giddy, but there sat CeeDee Lamb. And I’ll never forget, my grandson Shy reached over and punched me. I was sitting on the couch and he said, ‘Production, Papa. Production. Look at his production! Look at his production!’”

“Now my other grandson had told me when they played LSU at Arkansas, everything they did they had to game plan around that pass rush. So you say well what is this, listening to grandsons? Well and I looked up there just reminded me that that last name was Lamb.”

“We had had it all for the right reasons. He’s just a unique, unique football player. Unique talent. And boy it all fell together and, it just really was almost like an omen. He was certainly one of the best friends I’ve ever had. He lived vicariously every breath that I’ve got to be involved as a Cowboy. And Jerry Lamb was an outstanding, great player and great leader.”

Link:

https://thespun.com/nfl/nfc-east/dallas-cowboys/jerry-jones-cee-dee-lamb-one-player-cowboys-drafted
You know what you've done here, don't you? Now it's going to be about the grandsons running the team instead of the son. Anybody but the old man.