Thiesman says Skins much better than Cowboys

calico

Reaction score
Mr.Prez said:
I'm gonna hold ya to it but it's not going to happen. :D

Nice, I made the sig...

Well, I made a similar bet against the Texans and had to pay up...thankfully, I was so drunk that it was not that bad.

Champsheart

Reaction score
calico said:
Well, I made a similar bet against the Texans and had to pay up...thankfully, I was so drunk that it was not that bad.

Similar?

How similar?

Uh-Oh

Reaction score
calico said:
^^unreal. I remember him making similar statements before that MNF game in '92 and look how that turned out.

I will say right now, if the
Commanders make the Superbowl, I will drink my own piss and post a video of it here and on extremeskins. Mark my words.
OMG! What are you doing? :eek: It could happen! If a rookie QB can go 15-1, the Commanders can make the playoff.

Funniest thing I ever read though.

calico

Reaction score
Champsheart said:
Similar?

How similar?

I will never speak of it. Only those who were watching the game with me know. I will say that they did not think I would do it and in some sick, sick way I earned their respect by going through with it...the things we do in college and while drunk... :(

JJFORMVP

Reaction score
Bungarian said:
I am watching the skins game on nfl channel. Thiesman said that winning the game on MNF would be good for Ramsey. He said the skins are much better then the Cowboys. He all but assured the win.

They arent even close to us!

Champsheart

Reaction score
calico said:
I will never speak of it. Only those who were watching the game with me know. I will say that they did not think I would do it and in some sick, sick way I earned their respect by going through with it...the things we do in college and while drunk... :(

OH Goodness, that does not sound good.

Well at least we all know you survived. :eek:

Bizwah

Reaction score
I too heard it......But really, I think we're overlooking the Skins. They have just enough talent to be dangerous.

Very good RB....good at OT......very good at LB (Washington is a stud)....big time safety......solid CBs....They had a top two defense last season. Their scheme creates havoc.

Frankly, the Mon game worries me some. Bledsoe isn't exactly good at sack avoidance....He'll be blitzed unmercifully. The Skins will load the box, daring Bledsoe to beat them. Perhaps we can spread them out with four wide?

Anyway....I can't stand Thiesman or McGuire. Thiesman, in over 10 years of broadcasting for the ESPN crew, has never once had anything good to say about the Cowboys. McGuire is sickening to listen to. I have Super Bowls 28 and 30 on tape, and he spews venom constantly about the Cowboys during the NBC broadcasts.

Now, Mike Patrick may "cross over" to the darkside. He was cheerleading along with Thiesman during the game. He immediately answered the "Are the Commanders better than the Cowboys?" with a resounding, "I think so!".

Aikman is so much better a QB and analyst than Thiesman. He never has shown favoritism in any of his broadcasts during Cowboy games. He even seems to be harder on us than any other team.

Just my two cents.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dale said:
I've never been impressed by Theismann's analysis. Remember when he was hyping up Anthony Wright as the quarterback we should be grooming? It seems like he just throws stuff against the wall.

Joe is full of it, and himself, and he does say outrageous things on a regular basis.

Yep, ol' Nors Theismann, I mean Joe Thesimann is a real piece of work.

;)

j/k

ghst187

Reaction score
i think its interesting that Aikman and Moose are actually quality commentators that don't show much of their Cowboy bias while idiot homers like Young and Theiswoman are allowed to give ridiculously and obviously inflated, homeristic "analysis" on their teams and take shots at the Cowboys and never give any Cowboy or Cowboy team any credit whatsoever.
Theiswoman shouldn't have a job, nor should Young. In addition to this, they just flat out suck as analysts and commentators.

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
ghst187 said:
i think its interesting that Aikman and Moose are actually quality commentators that don't show much of their Cowboy bias while idiot homers like Young and Theiswoman are allowed to give ridiculously and obviously inflated, homeristic "analysis" on their teams and take shots at the Cowboys and never give any Cowboy or Cowboy team any credit whatsoever.
Theiswoman shouldn't have a job, nor should Young. In addition to this, they just flat out suck as analysts and commentators.

Aikman's never been a guy who wants to come across as looking foolish in any situation. He has certainly taken that mentality to the broadcasting booth. Thesimann, on the other hand...

Compacity

Benched
Reaction score
Dang people if yall still listen to Joe Theisman, yall might be alittle crazy and out of whack like him, he just in the Joe Gibbs era of being very cnile... Joe Gibbs diffently becoming Cnile trying to win a preseason game against the Bengals...with Mark Brunnel..

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
i have the 85 season opener on monday night on dvd where theismann throws 5 interceptions on his birthday to thurman's thieves. everyone got in on the action. ha ha ha!

paul macguire is the worst commentator ever. :mad:

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
lanecity1975 said:
i have the 85 season opener on monday night on dvd where theismann throws 5 interceptions on his birthday to thurman's thieves. everyone got in on the action. ha ha ha!

paul macguire is the worst commentator ever. :mad:

Any chance I can get a copy of that game? I'd be willing pay,... uh... give you a decent sized donation for your troubles. :D

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
The "Norman" Einstein crack of his is classic, but he also had a pretty good one on today during the replay of the Commanders game.

Some other Commanders announcer somehow got on the subject of the Honeymooners. He told Joe, you probably aren't even old enough to remember watching that.

Joe responsed: "Oh yeah, I remember watching that in black-and-white."

Patrick and the other announcer then gave him some grief because obviously it was only in black-and-white.

Joe seemed a little embarrassed, then said something like he was glad that he could keep them entertained.

Joe Theezeman is a joke.

He was a little prick as a QB running around shooting his mouth off with that one-bar facemask.

He's even worse as an NFL announcer. He is an embarrassment to the Commanders (if that's possible), to the NFL, to the male species and to all mankind.

To think that this guy was hired to do analysis of Monday Night Football tells you all you need to know about ESPN.

Monday Night Football, in all its great tradition, is over as we know it. And history will record that Theezeman and Al "69er" Michaels drove it right down the toilet.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Joe is still pissed that he didn't get the part of Captain Jack Sparrow in the Pirates of the Carribean sequel. Apparently the eye patch and the parrot were not believable enough.