Thiesman says Skins much better than Cowboys

zagnut

Reaction score
Bungarian said:
I am watching the skins game on nfl channel. Thiesman said that winning the game on MNF would be good for Ramsey. He said the skins are much better then the Cowboys. He all but assured the win.

I think he says this every year. Every year he's wrong.

My second favorite thing during football season -- after the Cowboys of course -- is to watch and listen to the Skins fans slowly come to grips with reality...yes, they do indeed suck again.

:laugh1:

Bullet22

Reaction score
guess the Boys will have to prove it on the field....circle Monday night..

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
Not only are the Cowboys a better team than the Commanders, the Commanders are one of the worst teams in the league this year. Theisman doesn't even try to pretend he's impartial, though, so the best thing to do when you see his mug is reach for the mute button.

BillsFan

Bledsoe for MVP
Reaction score
Theisman also said on that game that the skins were a exact mirror of the Baltimore Ravens.

Him doing Monday night games next year is so gonna suck.

Bizwah

Reaction score
TheSkaven said:
the Commanders are one of the worst teams in the league this year.

How do you figure this? They had a top five defense last season. They get back LArrington. Sean Taylor is in his second year. I know they lost Smoot, but he was overrated as a CB anyway. Rogers will be starting soon enough.

I hate the Skins as much as anyone, but I think they're FAR from being the worst team in the league.

I think their defense has the potential to give us terrible fits. They pair a solid OL with an excellent RB. Sure Ramsey and Brunell stink.....but Portis will make us respect him.....Their WRs aren't all that, but they have enough deep speed to hurt you if you're not careful.

They're better than everyone thinks.......I fear them this year more than I have in recent seasons.

On that note.......I really think everyone's discounting how good the Giants might be. If Manning comes around, then they could be real scary on offense. Barber, Burress, Toomer, Shockey.....There are pieces there.

I think the NFC East will surprisingly be one of the toughest divisions in football this season. I think a 3-3 record vs our division will be an accomplishment.

Dallas4ever

Reaction score
Thiesman is a broadcast bum. It's shocking that he's lasted on ESPN's Sunday night football this long. For that matter, the rest of that Sunday night crew as well.

wesleyc288

Believer
Reaction score
I hate Joe Theisman, all he does is bragg about his "glory days" and make some of the stupidest comments (such as this one) ever spoken by a paid analyst. This guy is completely out of his mind if he truly believes the Commanders are better than the Cowboys......And im not just saying that because im a cowboy fan. I Wish Theisman would quit his job and never speak publicly

:skins: :skins: :skins: :skins: :skins: :skins: :skins: :skins:

zagnut

Reaction score
Bizwah said:
How do you figure this? They had a top five defense last season. They get back LArrington. Sean Taylor is in his second year. I know they lost Smoot, but he was overrated as a CB anyway. Rogers will be starting soon enough.

I hate the Skins as much as anyone, but I think they're FAR from being the worst team in the league.

I think their defense has the potential to give us terrible fits. They pair a solid OL with an excellent RB. Sure Ramsey and Brunell stink.....but Portis will make us respect him.....Their WRs aren't all that, but they have enough deep speed to hurt you if you're not careful.

They're better than everyone thinks.......I fear them this year more than I have in recent seasons.

On that note.......I really think everyone's discounting how good the Giants might be. If Manning comes around, then they could be real scary on offense. Barber, Burress, Toomer, Shockey.....There are pieces there.

I think the NFC East will surprisingly be one of the toughest divisions in football this season. I think a 3-3 record vs our division will be an accomplishment.

Agree on the Giants, esp. by the end of the year. I'm not looking forward to facing a Manning for the next 10 years.

My 2 cents on the skins, they had the 2nd ranked D in the NFL last year (i think) and still were one of the worst teams in the NFL. What's changed?

Arrington is back - how much can he improve the 2nd ranked D? Is it a coincidence the D was better without him than with him? They had him in 2003 and they stunk.

Jansen is back - he'll keep Ramsey upright more. What does he add in the running game? Portis ran for 1300 yards without him. They had him in 2003 and they stunk.

Taylor - looks like a star in spite of his behavior.

Smoot - I saw a legit starter. They don't have that now. They'll have to protect Harris or Carlos Rogers. They likely won't realize any benefits from the rookie until mid-year, assuming he's a player. It's a hole.

MLB - Massive hole. MLB in a 4-3 is a VIP. They're filling it with scrubs.

Draft - they might (might) get help from one player.

The weaknesses they had last year are still there. Not much has changed save for Jansen. They went 6-10 last year. They play an easier schedule. Maybe they go 7-9.

I fear them more than past years, but not much more. Poodle level fear, increased from Chihuahua level fear.

Bizwah

Reaction score
zagnut said:
Agree on the Giants, esp. by the end of the year. I'm not looking forward to facing a Manning for the next 10 years.

My 2 cents on the skins, they had the 2nd ranked D in the NFL last year (i think) and still were one of the worst teams in the NFL. What's changed?

Arrington is back - how much can he improve the 2nd ranked D? Is it a coincidence the D was better without him than with him? They had him in 2003 and they stunk.

Jansen is back - he'll keep Ramsey upright more. What does he add in the running game? Portis ran for 1300 yards without him. They had him in 2003 and they stunk.

Taylor - looks like a star in spite of his behavior.

Smoot - I saw a legit starter. They don't have that now. They'll have to protect Harris or Carlos Rogers. They likely won't realize any benefits from the rookie until mid-year, assuming he's a player. It's a hole.

MLB - Massive hole. MLB in a 4-3 is a VIP. They're filling it with scrubs.

Draft - they might (might) get help from one player.

The weaknesses they had last year are still there. Not much has changed save for Jansen. They went 6-10 last year. They play an easier schedule. Maybe they go 7-9.

I fear them more than past years, but not much more. Poodle level fear, increased

The point is, their defense will keep the game close. They get Jansen back, and they've improved at Center (Raybach). They have the RB to control the game too.

I just don't think they're the pushover everyone thinks they'll be.

Gordon

Reaction score
Bizwah said:

They lost Antonio Pierce as well.

I too think the Commanders are gonna be a joke because I think their offense is pitiful, and I think their defense will take a slight step back, not so much for the players lost, but moreso that I think their inability to improve their DL (Griffin only real impact player) and Secondary will become exposed.

As for the offense, I just don't see how they're going to move the ball. I think you give far too much respect to Clinton Portis. All he did last year was prove his doubters right, who predicted he was just a system RB in Denver. He'll most likely be better than last year, considering his season was fairly average for someone that's talked about as one of the best RBs in the league. It's not going to help that he's going to be facing 8 men in the box either. I don't see how they're going to pass the ball at all. Not only is Ramsey still unproven, but I dont think many QBs would have success with those WRs. Moss and Patten are a pretty average pair of WRs, and they're both p[rimarily deep threats. Neither can go over the middle or catch any type of intermediate route. Chris Cooley is solid, but he and the other WRs aren't going to be able to carry them on 3rd and long.

I'd be surprised if they won more than 5.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
Dale said:
Aikman's never been a guy who wants to come across as looking foolish in any situation. He has certainly taken that mentality to the broadcasting booth. Thesimann, on the other hand...

...doesn't come off as someone who has some thing to prove.

Theismann has a huge Napoleon complex - it's like the damn Chihuahua down the street that can't stop yapping when you walk across the front of the house.

I wouldn't give any credence to what he says.

Asklesko

Reaction score
CactusCowboy said:
Ramsey might get 4000, but only because they will have to throw in the second half to catch up!

Actually, no. The only way he gets 4,000 yards is if the ones who intercept his passes run for touchdowns.

Hoov

Reaction score
Theisman says at least 5 things a game that just makes me say to myself *** ?????