CFZ Things Could Get Out of Hand Quickly on Sunday

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Seems like every season, Dallas loses a game it should have won. Dallas has already had that loss for 2023. (Cardinals)
Almost every team does.
KC lost to DEN.
BAL lost to IND and PIT.
PHI lost to NYJ.
SF lost to MIN.

But those are more like DAL losing to GB last year or to DEN/LVR the year before: games the team should have won, but against competent opponents who can surprise you. That ARI loss was awful. A loss to CAR would be way worse.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Fieldturf Pro was installed (replaced grass) at Panthers stadium and practice field a few years ago. same as Giants-Jets, Seattle, Atlanta, Detroit surfaces.
Did not know that. Thanks for the info.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
Need more context, but I just read that the Panthers released a starting OL yesterday.

Guard Calvin Throckmorton.

Motorola

Reaction score
Thanksgiving 2018___last regular season game Tony Romo started for his Cowboys career.
I got the year wrong ( a member corrected me earlier when I first made the post yesterday).
It was Thanksgiving 2015.

zack

Reaction score
I am expecting a large Cowboys turnout on Sunday, and the Cowboys fans that live in the Carolinas can smell the blood in the water here. If you want any sort of visual of what I'm talking about, look up footage of the Niners game in Charlotte last year. I am expecting that, but worse.

My company has given all of our seats away to Cowboys fans, because Panthers fans aren't interested. I am hearing the same thing from buddies of mine that work at other major companies throughout the Queen City. Lifelong PSL owners that I know that do not sell have sold their tickets to this game to recoup the ridiculous costs of tickets and to spite and embarrass the owner. I've already received several invites to "White Jersey Takeover" parties at venues around the UNC Charlotte area. The Cowboys fans are already gathering and will be throughout the week. I also know of at least 3 chartered planes full of Cowboys fans landing in the area by Friday.

The temperature of this Carolina fanbase is at an all time low. At least when they were awful in the early 00s, they were able to draft guys like Julius Peppers, Kris Jenkins, Steve Smith, and Dan Morgan. The current regime has completely mortgaged their future, and they can't even field a competitive team. They have no hope, nothing to look forward to - and they know it. The fact that CJ Stroud is playing so well only twists the knife deeper.

Their best player is in concussion protocol. He might be available Sunday. Their second best player is on season-ending IR. Their most effective offensive weapon is 33 year old Adam Thielen, and they can't block for their small, turnover-prone rookie QB. Fans are clamoring for the Panthers to start Andy Dalton on Sunday, to save their young QB from a beating. Their HC, a complete no-talent success story, has already had play calling duties taken from him in his first season. There is tension everywhere. They just lost to an awful Bears team in primetime. The GM could be fired literally at any time. It's bad here. Sports radio has nothing to say. And fans don't wanna hear it anyway.

I would never, ever guarantee a win. In truth, the Panthers do always play us competitively. I was at the game here in 2018, and the game in Arlington in 2021. They put up a fight and their defense is scrappy. The Cowboys also lose a ton of games that they're supposed to win. I am merely suggesting that if the Cowboys come out like they did this past Sunday, play their game, continue to execute high-level offense, and play defense - that this one can be over by the third quarter too. I am sure the Panthers will play clips of Thanksgiving 2015 on the big screen, and the handful of Panthers fans in attendance will point and laugh. But I'll be in section 138, raising hell, and living in 2023. Hoping to have the "Let's go Cowboys" chants going early and often.

GO COWBOYS!
I am here in Charlotte too. I don't plan on going. Nose bleeds still cost $250 which is nuts. I would love to take the family, but not for that price. Probably one of the first times I have missed a game when they come to town. Used to live in Detroit and saw them every year. The last time Dallas was in Charlotte, there was a ton of fans. I believe that Dallas lost that game.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
I am here in Charlotte too. I don't plan on going. Nose bleeds still cost $250 which is nuts. I would love to take the family, but not for that price. Probably one of the first times I have missed a game when they come to town. Used to live in Detroit and saw them every year. The last time Dallas was in Charlotte, there was a ton of fans. I believe that Dallas lost that game.
Correct. It was a 16-8 loss in Week 1 2018. I believe Zeke scored the lone touchdown and we converted the 2PAT.

Dallas completely shut down McCaffrey that day but Cam Newton using his feet was the difference in that game.

zack

Reaction score
Correct. It was a 16-8 loss in Week 1 2018. I believe Zeke scored the lone touchdown and we converted the 2PAT.

Dallas completely shut down McCaffrey that day but Cam Newton using his feet was the difference in that game.
Obviously they should win this week…..I hope!

DarronHyatt

Reaction score
I live here in North Carolina and me and both my sons are going I would probably say 70 percent cowboys fans Sunday .

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
giphy.gif
just winning games....just winning games

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I live here in North Carolina and me and both my sons are going I would probably say 70 percent cowboys fans Sunday .
mr Hyatt--- do you think this is good game for Cowboys to try different packages giving younger players more playing time which only helps us when that

Nov 30th-DEC30th stretch of 5 games hits....Seahawks, Eagles, Bills, Dolphins and Lions....i really believe those 5 games will tell everyone Cowboys are not

your old shiny toy that crumbles in the rain

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Obviously they should win this week…..I hope!
Zack i remember that first game 2018...where at half way point in seaosn we are 3-5...but trading for Cooper ...last 8...7-1...beat Seahawks wild card but no

lose to rams...now 2023....i know we beat Panthers and Commanders to be 8-3 when the killer 5 game stretch hits....Seahawks, Bills, Eagles, Dolphins and

Lions...that 5 game stretch will tell the league who we really are....i think 4-1 over that stretch and beating Commanders last game 13-4 overall...and i really think

we win Divsion even though we are 2 games back after first 1/2 of season....but even if we dont win divison we make playoffs...and our team has to make decision

will we play as good or better on road then at home?....but lets start with a big "W" Panthers

Carson

Reaction score
All that has to happen is for once of our other qb's to say they're injured, and he should be automatically elevated
Both QBs have to be ruled out. Once one of this is good enough to come back is immediately ineligible again

Flamma

Reaction score
i have not seen carolina much how is their OL performing. I see that Bryce has struggled but is it rookie growing pains or OL or both
Of the few games I've watched, their offense looked putrid. But it's a combination of things. Bryce doesn't have targets. He also threw some bad interceptions early on, making him more cautious. Their 6th overall pick at left tackle is looking a bit like Evan Neal on the Giants, who was the 7th overall pick.