Things you don't hear or see anymore

bb721

Reaction score
There used to be some kind of popcorn that came in an aluminum pan that you cooked over the stove and then this aluminum foil stuff expanded up like a balloon. I think it was called Jiffy Pop.

They still make it, we buy it a few times a year here in NJ.

TheBigEasy

Reaction score
Actually, these are supposedly making a comeback.

For me, they really never went away. My Dad's record collection currently sits @ 105,000 THOUSAND 45's and 50k+ Albums. I grew up listening to the 60's and 70's. I can say that it's truly sad to hear 'kids' these days say that they know who the Beatles are but have never heard one of their songs. At the time, I didn't appreciate what good music was. Now, I feel bad for the current generation because what they consider 'music' is far from it.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Found an old bottle of this in my garage several years ago. One sniff and it took me back to my teenage years trying to soothe razor rash with an agonizing splash of 99% alcohol that smelled good.

Mf1Kqh.jpg

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
For me, they really never went away. My Dad's record collection currently sits @ 105,000 THOUSAND 45's and 50k+ Albums. I grew up listening to the 60's and 70's. I can say that it's truly sad to hear 'kids' these days say that they know who the Beatles are but have never heard one of their songs. At the time, I didn't appreciate what good music was. Now, I feel bad for the current generation because what they consider 'music' is far from it.
Wow, that's a big library!!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Found an old bottle of this in my garage several years ago. One sniff and it took me back to my teenage years trying to soothe razor rash with an agonizing splash of 99% alcohol that smelled good.

Mf1Kqh.jpg
I still have a bottle of that too! Lol

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Howard Johnson's. I think there may be a few left, but you don't see them everywhere like you used to.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
.......... and movie theaters where no one pulls out a cell phone. That's why I almost never go out to the movies anymore. There's always some goober texting on a bright and glowing cell phone.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
There were these two balls at the end of ropes that you would knock against one another. Knockers?

nobody

Reaction score
lawn_darts_fb.jpg

Lawn darts... oh and Wacky stickers (That came in the baseball card packs with a stick of gum)

2eb3fc6d79b6f1dd819d5881c54d71c2--funny-stickers-peanuts.jpg

WackyPackGulp200.jpg

ff17e3d8f95f83fc3d82dd15c1d29389--stickers-series.jpg

nobody

Reaction score
I heard that movie theaters once had a thing called a "cry room," which was a sound-proofed room with a window to the theater where a parent could take a crying child so as not to disturb others but still be able to view the movie. Sounds like a good idea actually.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cry_room

There's a theater in Southlake that has childcare for parents who want to see a movie. It's reasonably priced and people don't have to deal with loud toddlers ruining their movie-watching experience.

nobody

Reaction score
I don't see or hear it anymore, and I don't miss it, but I'm feeling malevolent tonight. Suffer:

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
In the guitar world -- triple coil pickups. They were invented by Ibanez in the 80s, but never really caught on.