Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
exile-on-main-st-flexi-disc-rolling-stones.jpg

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ahhhh, Superman's dressing room. I wonder how many people were walking by and saw a nerd removing his clothes and taking flight? That might have been the best remedy to stop drinking in Metropolis. If I'd been the S man, I would have done a lot better than Lois Lane, kinda homely for the man of steel but if he was faster than a speeding bullet, his choices of the fairer sex might have been limited.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Ahhhh, Superman's dressing room. I wonder how many people were walking by and saw a nerd removing his clothes and taking flight? That might have been the best remedy to stop drinking in Metropolis. If I'd been the S man, I would have done a lot better than Lois Lane, kinda homely for the man of steel but if he was faster than a speeding bullet, his choices of the fairer sex might have been limited.
I still love the Superman/Wonder Woman joke.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
How many remember Jacko from the Energizer commercials? The commercials ended with a manic Jacko yelling "Get Energizer. It’ll surprise you! Oi!" Seemed like he was everywhere in the late 80s from commercials, TV shows, moves and talk shows. There was even an "Oi! Jacko Gym" action figure that could talk, do push ups, lift weights and ride a skateboard—all battery operated, with Jacko wearing the battery company logo on his singlet.

fOryjj.jpg

zcFvun.jpg

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
A test card?

Anyone remember when TV wasnt on 24hrs a day?

I remember. Long before ESPN, CNN or any 24 hour channel test patterns and snowy screens were all you saw once the clock struck midnight. The old Indian head test pattern is still a vivid memory. Most have never known a time when television wasn’t a 24 hour marathon of programming. Yes, there was actually a time when everything had a down time. Television and radio stations signed off. TV stations had a sign off period usually around midnight and each station had its own unique sign off ritual. Some stations signed off with the National Anthem. Once stations signed off all you saw was a snowy screen or a test pattern until 6 AM. People actually went to bed at midnight because there wasn’t anything to watch or listen to. If you couldn’t sleep you read a book.

Vf8jtQ.jpg

0hTp0K.jpg

7zXjle.jpg

Last edited:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I remember. Long before ESPN, CNN or any 24 hour channel test patterns and snowy screens were all you saw once the clock struck midnight. The old Indian head test pattern is still a vivid memory. Most have never known a time when television wasn’t a 24 hour marathon of programming. Yes, there was actually a time when everything had a down time. Television and radio stations signed off. TV stations had a sign off period usually around midnight and each station had its own unique sign off ritual. Some stations signed off with the National Anthem. Once stations signed off all you saw was a snowy screen or a test pattern until 6 AM. People actually went to bed at midnight because there wasn’t anything to watch or listen to. If you couldn’t sleep you read a book.

Vf8jtQ.jpg

0hTp0K.jpg

7zXjle.jpg
I don't remember the radio ever signing off. Must've been before my time.