Things you have eaten before but never again

InTheZone

Reaction score
Anyone here eat chicken feet? That's a thing and there used to be a Super 1 Foods close to us that evidently catered a lot to the Hispanic community and one thing they had in abundance were turkey buttholes......on sale! I've never discovered exactly what they made with these but that's all that was in the package, just several turkey buttholes, all pointing up. I have not seen that in other stores but then again, I haven't looked for them. The first ones I saw were in an end cap cooler so it's a real thing. You would have thought they'd have the decency to package them in a sleeve like cookies.
I'm hispanic and have never heard of that. I don't hang out with other hispanics, but growing up I was friends with several pure mexicans and it was never something I heard them bring up or seen them eat. My dad is another pure mexican and I'm not sure the food you're talking about has been discussed either lol

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm hispanic and have never heard of that. I don't hang out with other hispanics, but growing up I was friends with several pure mexicans and it was never something I heard them bring up or seen them eat. My dad is another pure mexican and I'm not sure the food you're talking about has been discussed either lol
I was told by a woman at the store that there were several things they used them for but she wasn't sure what they were.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Anyone here eat chicken feet? That's a thing and there used to be a Super 1 Foods close to us that evidently catered a lot to the Hispanic community and one thing they had in abundance were turkey buttholes......on sale! I've never discovered exactly what they made with these but that's all that was in the package, just several turkey buttholes, all pointing up. I have not seen that in other stores but then again, I haven't looked for them. The first ones I saw were in an end cap cooler so it's a real thing. You would have thought they'd have the decency to package them in a sleeve like cookies.
They use the buttholes to seal the giblets bag shut.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I used to love oysters as a teenager, smothered in cocktail sauce on a cracker. Fast forward a few years later and I grew to despise them. During my fraternities hell week, we were only allowed to eat canned raw oyster. We drank them out of the can washed down with beef bouillon liquid. I have never had an oyster since that week almost 30 years later!

Creeper

Reaction score

I thought chicken feet was a Chinese food thing. I used to see them hanging in the windows of Chinese restaurants in China town in NYC. I have never heard of turkey butt holes being used for anything in cooking. Who the hell would want to eat such a thing? Never heard someone say, "I can wait to sink my teeth into that turkey's butt hole."

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I thought chicken feet was a Chinese food thing. I used to see them hanging in the windows of Chinese restaurants in China town in NYC. I have never heard of turkey butt holes being used for anything in cooking. Who the hell would want to eat such a thing? Never heard someone say, "I can wait to sink my teeth into that turkey's butt hole."
Didn't Huggy Bear say that about a pimp one time on Starsky and Hutch?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Cracas... it's a delicacy in the Azores, which is where I was when I ate it.

Cracas is a type of barnacle that is unique to the waters around the Azorean islands. They’re typically steamed in seawater then cooled down before serving. A small metal hook is used to dig out the meat and the briny seawater is slurped from the crevices afterward, as you would slurp an oyster. Unlike gooseneck barnacles, cracas meat is more reminiscent of crab. They can be found at many restaurants in the archipelago.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
I've had chicken feet, not bad, not much to them tho. I had them at a Chinese restaurant down the street when I lived in Austin. It was a great Chinese joint, they had a small Americanized Chinese food section most of the menu were more traditional Chinese food. I couldn't understand most of the menu since it was in Chinese. I got to know the owners pretty well and after a while they would just load me up with all kinds of stuff to try. One of those times was chicken feet from when they were doing dim sum.

I'd go in to order one takeout meal and walkout with 2-3 full bags of different stuff. Several times they invited me to sit and eat with them and the staff with whatever they cooked for themselves. I didn't always know what I was eating, but it was always good and then they would pack me a doggie bag or 2 to take with me.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
Potted Meat-loved it as a kid. never again
Vienna Sausages, loved it as a kid with saltines. never again
Bologna Sandwhich-never again unless I am fishing and that is the only thing i want
Sushi.-Grandson coaxed me into trying it, never again. If it aint fried, I aint eating eat
Oysters-fried, raw or whatever, nasty-
Guacomole-actually it tasted ok the dip i tried but i can't get over the look.

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
.https://encrypted-tbn0.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcSCtZ-yRq55EBwFU3PSZZYGhef32DGDA2qyEA&usqp=CAU Really don't care for turnip Greens..

timb2

Reaction score
Duck- never again, nasty taste.

Rabbit- tricked as a kid by my Father. I like bunnies I cant do that to them. Made me cry as a kid.