Things you have eaten before but never again

Big_D

Reaction score
All yogurt, it's backwards to because it looks appetizing. It should be good lol. Just get half way through the bite and...I think this has turned!

Chobani flip red velvet cupcake. Great yogurt. All the flips are good but the red velvet is on a whole other level.

https://encrypted-tbn3.***NOT-ALLOWED***/shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcQE7XIZVgObFVfpxXcrVP3fMAu4DGADA-Bc_6JNN3TYFNGUN5_0pvIAmSAuzxbU9uu8aKFbA5qK8VI&usqp=CAc

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Baked snail. It is not really the taste that bothers me but the gummy nature. For me it took forever to chew the little bitty bite of it enough to swallow.

The best part is the garlic butter and puff pastry they are baked in. I used to order them, peel off pastry, throw snails away then dip pastry in the butter. Problem solved :laugh:

Creeper

Reaction score
After 67 years of eating and loving shrimp, the last time I ate it I broke out in some serious hives. My face swelled up. I looked lie Mr. Potatohead. I read it is not uncommon for people to develop an allergy to seafood later in life so I will not be eating shrimp any time soon - and I make a mean shrimp scampi too!

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Chobani flip red velvet cupcake. Great yogurt. All the flips are good but the red velvet is on a whole other level.

https://encrypted-tbn3.***NOT-ALLOWED***/shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcQE7XIZVgObFVfpxXcrVP3fMAu4DGADA-Bc_6JNN3TYFNGUN5_0pvIAmSAuzxbU9uu8aKFbA5qK8VI&usqp=CAc
Actually looks pretty dang good to honest...that's how they get me! I'd try that though...start the process over again :D

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Baked snail. It is not really the taste that bothers me but the gummy nature. For me it took forever to chew the little bitty bite of it enough to swallow.
If they're cooked properly, they're not chewy. They're like seafood, overcook it and it's rubber.

I do escargots in the fall and winter in garlic butter and they're oh so tasty with some crusty bread to sop up that sauce.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
After 67 years of eating and loving shrimp, the last time I ate it I broke out in some serious hives. My face swelled up. I looked lie Mr. Potatohead. I read it is not uncommon for people to develop an allergy to seafood later in life so I will not be eating shrimp any time soon - and I make a mean shrimp scampi too!
On a trip back to Nawlins, I ate so many raw oysters, I got seafood poisoning and my eyes swelled to the point of being closed. I still love the little things but I do wander about the first person to learn that was edible. You open one of those up and don't know what it is, you putting that in your mouth?

Creeper

Reaction score
On a trip back to Nawlins, I ate so many raw oysters, I got seafood poisoning and my eyes swelled to the point of being closed. I still love the little things but I do wander about the first person to learn that was edible. You open one of those up and don't know what it is, you putting that in your mouth?

Clams and oysters pee and poop in their shells. They will open the shell up a bit to allow the seawater to wash the waste out but that was never good enough for me. I only ate clams chopped up and cooked in a red clam sauce with lots of garlic..

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
That's what I wonder about lobster. Who's the first person to look at that and decide, "That looks pretty tasty!"? At least someone probably saw an otter break open a clam or something and eat it, but what eats lobsters?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Clams and oysters pee and poop in their shells. They will open the shell up a bit to allow the seawater to wash the waste out but that was never good enough for me. I only ate clams chopped up and cooked in a red clam sauce with lots of garlic..
That's why it's a good idea to soak mollusks in water with cornmeal sprinkled in it. That allows them to purge. Same thing as putting crawfish in very salty water, has the purging effect.

Thanks for the visual of a clam or oyster, stepping out of it's shell to walk over and whizz on a sea cucumber. Or hunker on a rock with the newspaper, The Mollusk Inquirer.

InTheZone

Reaction score
The best part is the garlic butter and puff pastry they are baked in. I used to order them, peel off pastry, throw snails away then dip pastry in the butter. Problem solved :laugh:
It's a snail. At what point does someone say "that looks appealing or even sounds remotely tasty" lol

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's what I wonder about lobster. Who's the first person to look at that and decide, "That looks pretty tasty!"? At least someone probably saw an otter break open a clam or something and eat it, but what eats lobsters?
Somebody has to be the first like discovering the difference between a mushroom and a toadstool.

NorthoftheRedRiver

Reaction score
It's a snail. At what point does someone say "that looks appealing or even sounds remotely tasty" lol
The first time I ate escargot was at a dinner party with friends. One of us asked the waiter where they got their snails. Well, the guy had a sense of humor. He pointed over his shoulder and said "Oh, we just get them off our dumpster."

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Anyone here eat chicken feet? That's a thing and there used to be a Super 1 Foods close to us that evidently catered a lot to the Hispanic community and one thing they had in abundance were turkey buttholes......on sale! I've never discovered exactly what they made with these but that's all that was in the package, just several turkey buttholes, all pointing up. I have not seen that in other stores but then again, I haven't looked for them. The first ones I saw were in an end cap cooler so it's a real thing. You would have thought they'd have the decency to package them in a sleeve like cookies.