Things You're Not Good At

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Anything mechanical. When I was going on active duty in the Navy, the CPO administering the test to reveal where I might be a fit, called me into his office and I remember this like yesterday because it's been this way all of my life. He said "you scored in the top 5% except in one area, mechanical/technical". Then he held up a screwdriver and said "what do you think this is and which end would you use"? He busted out laughing and said he'd never seen a score so lopsided and it was obvious I am not a dummy but how have I lived that long?

I am just not good with my hands and I do envy men that can make furniture like my daughter-in-law's Dad, he made the grandchildren some great wooden toys for Christmas and they looked beautiful under the tree while they played with the haul I bought from Amazon.

I jest, and always have about men that are really good around the house, because I really am envious of their ability to not be dependent on service people. However, most of them can't write stupid poetry and I can and life evens out. And I am a better mixologist and I ain't putting a grill together but I can cook on one.

BTW, putting a gas grill together when we moved into the neighborhood in Baton Rouge was how I met the neighbors...….and the fire department.
Yep, I remember the news article.

Sammy

Reaction score
"If your present looks like it was wrapped by a drunk TRex, it's from me!!!!"

Me too. I'm awful.

Art. Can't even draw stick figures. They look like drunk martians.

I took art one time in high school because I was out of electives. I remember making some panoramic pic of something or another. Teacher gave me an A, said it was some of the best abstract art she'd ever seen. My response: "It was supposed to be a deer." She didn't change my grade though!!!!

Good news. You're one of the few people who can draw drunk martians.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
1) Plumbing. I buy the stuff and try but almost always make it worse and have to call a professional.
2) Ceiling molding. I measure, and measure again. I cut it and it never matches. I gave up on cutting angles and just buy a corner piece and butt the other ends up to it with a straight cut.
3) Bowling. Just can't make the ball spin and curve.
4) Any type of skating - roller, ice, skateboarding.

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Home repairs. I have to research it and read up on it. After all that I can get it done, but it doesn't come "naturally" to me. My wife is so much better at being a handy man than I am.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
1) Plumbing. I buy the stuff and try but almost always make it worse and have to call a professional.
2) Ceiling molding. I measure, and measure again. I cut it and it never matches. I gave up on cutting angles and just buy a corner piece and butt the other ends up to it with a straight cut.
3) Bowling. Just can't make the ball spin and curve.
4) Any type of skating - roller, ice, skateboarding.
I combine 3 and 4, bowling while wearing skates, do two sports poorly but it only counts as one. I try to multi-task all the things I don't do well to shrink the ineptitude.

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
At my age and drinking problem...

Running.

xltcW9.gif

Fredbeard

Reaction score
1 . Interpersonal skills
I stuck at engaging in small talk and struggle to keep conversations going.People also tend to get on my nerves after I spend alot ot time around them

2.im not very organized.
  • My house always a mess although I clean it often.
  • 3. Time management
  • I often either procrastinate half the day and dont get stuff done
  • Or I cram to much stuff in one day and leave chores undone.

cowboyec

Reaction score
•living my faith
•listening
•self ambition
•getting stuff out in the open
•positive attitude
•self control
•family time
•variety
•saving money
•neighborliness
•christmas(i work at a church)
•easter(i work at a church)
holidays take on a whole new signifigance when you work at a church.....you come to hate them because of all the extra crap.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
1 . Interpersonal skills
I stuck at engaging in small talk and struggle to keep conversations going.People also tend to get on my nerves after I spend alot ot time around them

2.im not very organized.
  • My house always a mess although I clean it often.
  • 3. Time management
  • I often either procrastinate half the day and dont get stuff done
  • Or I cram to much stuff in one day and leave chores undone.
I'm with you on #1. I don't really care for most people enough to keep a conversation going. I'm the guy who shouts humorous comments from a few bar stools down, then gets up to go to the bathroom when they start trying to actually have a conversation. lol

kskboys

Reaction score
What does the sister say in Jerry McGuire? I don't do small talk?

Me either. I want convo w/ substance, something w/ teeth. If I'm not discussing something w/ someone about the how and why of it, I'm bored.

kskboys

Reaction score
Rubik's cubes.

Model airplanes or cars. Rather scratch my eyeballs out than put one together.