This coaching staff can not get another year

Colombiacowboy

Reaction score
i do not care about all the injures and covid messing every thing up. not for one second! i am not saying this team should be 9-3 or what ever but the job this coaching staff have done is 100% inexcusible! there is no excuse for so many player on d being lost on every play, mis communication all the time that lead to huge chunk yardage, poor fundamental (tackling, angles, awareness... every thing).

also stupid play calling and very stupid decison making. u just can not blame this on injures or covid im sorry! these are not excuse that work to explain how u get out schemed every single week!

jerry has a belief that he builded a SUPER BOWL roster and even if they were healthy guess what kind of team u meet in the playoff? other big time talent where u actually have to out scheme and out play and out smart the opponent! does this coaching staff ever show they can do that? wake up man! it goes for his boy kellen just as much!

this is very frustrating to watch!

I know that you are thinking like a passionate fan, but your arguments are not rational. I can make a direct correlation to my own life and business. I accepted my new position in April and started in July 2020--smack in the middle of the pandemic. I have 300 employees and it has been nothing but challenges as the new CEO. Every day there is something...FMLA, EPSL, contact tracing, outrage, suspicion of covering up alleged cases, nonsense, fear, lack of productivity and overall chaos. I also hired a new CFO and two middle managers. As someone with a proven track record, I am frustrated by the mess I am in, and I have LITTLE control over most of the issues. Slowly we are making are way through it.

So I ask, why would this be different for MM and the Cowboys?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
defense is ranked 32nd.

if the NFL adds another franchise, we will be ranked 33rd.
Which is why I said there may be some chance Nolan will be gone. And, by the way, I would be perfectly happy with that. Still, my guess is they will give him one more year.

flyinghorse

Reaction score
If I were JJ I would fire MM & Nolan as soon as the season ends.
I would then sit down with Tony Romo and say.....Your the Head Coach we need ....here’s a blank check....write in whatever number you need and let’s get to work. Keep the coaches you like and release the ones you don’t want. Replace them with who you want. I will give you anything & everything you want and or need to build a Super Bowl Team in 3 yrs MAX.....Draft, Free Agency, Trades,Walk Ons.....
You Name It You Get It No Questions Ask

If Jerry Jones did this I guarantee you we would have a Super Bowl caliber team in 3 years or less.
Tony has said on the record in an interview that he IS interested in coaching at the pro level at some point in the future
Romos football IQ is thru the stadium roof as well as the respect people have for him....And I think long time NFL people would agree.....AND If Romo ever announced he’s interested in a head coaching job in the NFL.......... There would be a line of private jets from at least a dozen nfl teams at the the airport fighting over who was picking him up first.......JJ your not getting any younger and neither or we......SO FOR YOUR SAKE AND OURS JERRY........CALL TONY!!!..... MAKE HIM AN OFFER HE CANNOT REFUSE!!! .....YOU CANT TAKE THAT MONEY WITH YOU!!

Flamma

Reaction score
i do not care about all the injures and covid messing every thing up. not for one second! i am not saying this team should be 9-3 or what ever but the job this coaching staff have done is 100% inexcusible! there is no excuse for so many player on d being lost on every play, mis communication all the time that lead to huge chunk yardage, poor fundamental (tackling, angles, awareness... every thing).

also stupid play calling and very stupid decison making. u just can not blame this on injures or covid im sorry! these are not excuse that work to explain how u get out schemed every single week!

jerry has a belief that he builded a SUPER BOWL roster and even if they were healthy guess what kind of team u meet in the playoff? other big time talent where u actually have to out scheme and out play and out smart the opponent! does this coaching staff ever show they can do that? wake up man! it goes for his boy kellen just as much!

this is very frustrating to watch!

It's past frustrating for me. It's embarrassing. Maybe this along with getting demoted from prime time might wake Jerry up. When was the last time that happened, 1990? I believe they didn't get any Monday night games due to 1989. Jerry has been told his team is no longer relevant. When he looks at his coaches, does he see any upside? I don't.

Staubacher

Reaction score
Jason Garrett > McCarthy
2015:
Romo goes down. Garrett's Cowboys finish 4-12. To be exact, 1-11 without Romo that year. And without the slew of other injuries.

Whatever McCarthy is or isn't, Garrett was a terrible pathetic head coach and wasted 10 years and numerous careers.

Staubacher

Reaction score
With the team that McCarthy was handed this year, does Garrett get more than 4 or 5 wins? I say yes. But it also puts us in a bad draft position.
Again, 2015, Garrett went 1-11 without his starting QB in there.

Staubacher

Reaction score
It’s starting to dawn on even the most stubborn of you. Of course, you won’t admit it out loud, but you’re all thinking it.

Now we see what bad coaching actually looks like, and it’s painfully obvious what that looks like.
We saw it for the previous 10 years, freezing game winning kicks, unable to win without the starting QB, etc.

I know you're dying to seem right after 10 years of wrong but we all saw bad coaching for a lonnng time here

Jipper

Reaction score
mm is here nolan maybe not

yeah my thoughts as well, the scheme is just too complex and doesn’t put enough emphasis on fundamentals

Yes the install was totally derailed and hampered by the offseason situation but the players have he’d enough time to at least start to catch on and we’re just not seeing it.

the total and complete lack of any gap control is the biggest glaring issue which unfortunately cascades to the run game opening up the passing game....

cowboyed

Reaction score
I mean I hate to be the one to say it but the Giants are starting to look good. They have been getting better as the year goes on, sort of like what you would expect if you have a well-coached team despite the fact that Jason Garrett is one of those coaches.

Post-traumatic Garrett Syndrome is a very treatable condition.

JJHLH1

Reaction score
2015:
Romo goes down. Garrett's Cowboys finish 4-12. To be exact, 1-11 without Romo that year. And without the slew of other injuries.

Whatever McCarthy is or isn't, Garrett was a terrible pathetic head coach and wasted 10 years and numerous careers.

This year we are likely going to be 1-10 without our starting QB, so it’s probably fair to say:

McCarthy = Garrett

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think they will fire Nolan in the interest of staying with the more familiar system, the one that sucked before this one.

Reactions: G2