This game is on Dak

tomsanders921

Reaction score
Dak once again sabotaged this game. 2 bonehead ints and couldnt gain a single yard on the last drive w the pressure on
The season is on Dak. When you pay a guy 60 million a year, he's supposed to be able to make those around him better. You can no longer afford to surround him with elite talent. It's just not feasible.

But they also paid cedee so he would have a top 3-5 receiver. So it's not like he has no help at all.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Dak and the offense stunk but the defense was just as bad if not worse. You can’t just ignore how poor the defense continues to play especially against the run. We gave up 223 yards on the ground and were getting gashed by the 49ers 3rd back. Purdy was gashing us on the ground and Kittle destroyed us in the passing game for almost 130 receiving yards. Before you point the finger at one player you need to look at the entire team. I get this thread is about Dak but too many fans are making this bad season we’re having all about him. Some are acting like if we had another QB we would be having a great season. :rolleyes:

leeblair

Reaction score
I don't think Dak should be in the NFL at all, but he's not the only problem. The Jonses refuse to build the defensive line, and refuse to run the team like a sports franchise.
This circus is the result of the Cowboys being turned into an entertainment business instead of a marquee franchise.
Dak shouldn't be the quarterback, that's true. And he hurts the team. But the Jonses refusal to run a professional sports team has also killed the Cowboys.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
frankly this is a post to shift blame from Dak
no its not..

not sure what it is with the anti dak cloud. if everyone doesn't continuously and incessently and exclusively dump on dak, 24x7, then its shifting blame. making excuses or whatever.,

tell me...are you happy with the running game and OL play?

gtb1943

Reaction score
no its not..

not sure what it is with the anti dak cloud. if everyone doesn't continuously and incessently and exclusively dump on dak, 24x7, then its shifting blame. making excuses or whatever.,

The most important single player on the field is the QB
you seem unable to grasp that
he DESERVES more of the blame

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
no its not..

not sure what it is with the anti dak cloud. if everyone doesn't continuously and incessantly and exclusively dump on Dak, 24x7, then its shifting blame. making excuses or whatever.,

Here's a list of QB's for you: Bradshaw, Staubach, Marino, Montana, Elway, Aikman, S. Young, P. Manning, Brady, Rodgers, Mahomes, Burrow, Allen. Of the names I just listed, not one team would EVER want any of these QB's to get the ball last with a chance to win a game.

See who isn't on this list? It's because no one is afraid to put the games in Dak's hands and that's a problem. It isn't solely on Dak, but it's still a big problem. Even Jared Goff is making Dak look like a 1st season rookie, and he makes almost 10 mil less a season than Dak.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
The most important single player on the field is the QB
you seem unable to grasp that
he DESERVES more of the blame
I do and I have said it that he didn't play well.

but do you think the only problem with this team is the QB? that's it. put Mahomes in there and we are superbowl contender?

and he does deserve more of the blame. but not 100% of the blame...and I am going to call out all the others as well.

now, you hate Dak. good for you. only post bad stuff about Dak and Dak only and nothing but Dak. no one is stopping you. enjoy

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Here's a list of QB's for you: Bradshaw, Staubach, Marino, Montana, Elway, Aikman, S. Young, P. Manning, Brady, Rodgers, Mahomes, Burrow, Allen. Of the names I just listed, not one team would EVER want any of these QB's to get the ball last with a chance to win a game.

See who isn't on this list? It's because no one is afraid to put the games in Dak's hands and that's a problem. It isn't solely on Dak, but it's still a big problem. Even Jared Goff is making Dak look like a 1st season rookie, and he makes almost 10 mil less a season than Dak.
its is a problem. never said it wasn't....that's the point. but to think he is the only problem and lets say we put Mahomes in the game...do you think we are a superbowl contender?

SF could have run up the score, very much like Detroit did, but they played prevent and allowed two meaningless TDs....

are you happy with the Running game? are you happy with the OL? are you happy this defense gives up 200 yards rushing, almost 4 times already in 7 games...

I will call out Dak. he has played bad. I did call him out on two bad interceptions. but I am also going to call out the rest of these chicken little's because they all suck right now.

interesting that you listed a whole bunch of HOF QBs, with two other thrown in for good measure....btw, Cinci is 3-5 this year. so burrows is struggling.

and blaming Dak while closing our eyes on everything else that's wrong with this team ain't going to fix problems...

again, are you happy with the running game? the OL play? the DL play (who had one player with a 5% pass rush win rate, while everybody else was 0%, let that sink in).

Dak is an issue. but so is everybody else. nobody would win anything with this team. unless you are into moral victories, pulling out a couple of extra wins this year and losing games a little closer!!!!

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Should’ve easily been a possible game-winning throw but Turpin dropped it as well. But blind haters don’t believe “game winning worthy plays” are a real stat.
You are assuming that either Turpin scores on that play, or that the Cowboys finish the drive with a score.

That play was not a "game winning worthy play".

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Dak and the offense stunk but the defense was just as bad if not worse. You can’t just ignore how poor the defense continues to play especially against the run. We gave up 223 yards on the ground and were getting gashed by the 49ers 3rd back. Purdy was gashing us on the ground and Kittle destroyed us in the passing game for almost 130 receiving yards. Before you point the finger at one player you need to look at the entire team. I get this thread is about Dak but too many fans are making this bad season we’re having all about him. Some are acting like if we had another QB we would be having a great season. :rolleyes:
Stop making Dakscuses. The fact is that regardless of what went on in the game, Dak had the ball in his hands for one last chance at winning the game.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Stop making Dakscuses. The fact is that regardless of what went on in the game, Dak had the ball in his hands for one last chance at winning the game.
Where am I make excuses for Dak? I said he stunk. All I’m saying is you can’t put the entire blame on him for last nights game when the defense was every bit as bad if not worse than him and the offense. As bad as Dak played he still put us in a position to win the game with 2 TDs in the 4th quarter. He didn’t get it done on our last drive but to pin that loss entirely on him is wrong. Too many of you are fixated on him and are ignoring the other glaring issues with the team.