CFZ This Game is Prescott vs Purdy and don't forget that!

CCBoy

Reaction score
I'm talking about this year. I'm saying how would they fair if McCaffery got hurt this year like Pollard did last year? They'd be fine?

Purdy played well enough. He moved the football up and down the field on us. Didn't score any points but led his team to score points. The Purdy disrespect is crazy to me lol. I guess you guys need Herbert stats in order to understand how good Purdy is playing right now.
Pollard is already going to sneak up on San Francisco this game. He is actually a very good and motivated runner in his own right!

CCBoy

Reaction score
That generally is when he plays the worse. McCarthy better have some tricks up his sleeve to take the game out of Dak's hands because if it comes down to needing Dak to pass us to victory it isn't going to happen.
Quit!

CCBoy

Reaction score
He’s not gonna run over people but the threat is impirtant. Running is more about blocking than running over people. During zeke’s best season he avg 2.9 yards before contact. That’s the key to running the ball. He never avg more yards after contact than before contact. It’s not like you run Duece up the middle 10 times a game but that threat has to be there
His speed matters...use strengths and keep their linebackers on their heels.

CCBoy

Reaction score
IMO…The absolute key to this game hinges on whichever team controls the line of scrimmage. The niners are a very physical team on both sides of the ball.

Can we match or exceed that? Key to the game.
Give Dak Prescott 2.0 seconds and this fan doesn't care!

conner01

Reaction score
His speed matters...use strengths and keep their linebackers on their heels.
I agree but you can’t run outside every time he’s in the backfield or those LB will just slide outside which negates the speed

conner01

Reaction score
Yep...any RB needs that hole, that crease. Very hard to get steam going when the tackler is on you at the handoff.

Do you have that stat on Emmitt?
No, only active players. My guess would be over 3 before contact just because he had an amazing oline. But I don’t know how to find those numbers for retired players

CCBoy

Reaction score
I agree but you can’t run outside every time he’s in the backfield or those LB will just slide outside which negates the speed
So you put little value in the current interior line for the Cowboys...OK then...:thumbdown: The tight ends block well in addition.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
That generally is when he plays the worse. McCarthy better have some tricks up his sleeve to take the game out of Dak's hands because if it comes down to needing Dak to pass us to victory it isn't going to happen.
Yep. It would be a nightmare scenario. We would be better served with Dak running a designed QB draw than facing a 4th and goal and trying to throw it in at this point lol

conner01

Reaction score
So you put little value in the current interior line for the Cowboys...OK then...:thumbdown:
We haven’t had the same interior line for back to back games this season and won’t this week. Oline play requires working together and that’s hard to coordinate when you have guys out and guys playing hurt. The inside runs will get better as the oline gets healthy

CCBoy

Reaction score
We haven’t had the same interior line for back to back games this season and won’t this week. Oline play requires working together and that’s hard to coordinate when you have guys out and guys playing hurt. The inside runs will get better as the oline gets healthy
This group is fully capable and this fan doesn't run from handling what the problem is. Oh, four of the five will be in place without doubt, and that fully covers the Dallas interior that can confront any opposing talent in the NFL, now.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Yep. It would be a nightmare scenario. We would be better served with Dak running a designed QB draw than facing a 4th and goal and trying to throw it in at this point lol
Naw, play YOUR game!

Seattle49er

Reaction score
How about go back over to the San Francisco 49ers forum you know wherever your people are and come in here and trolling our website I mean it's kinda ironic that the Cowboys live rent free and other fans had so much that they have to come in & up and be part of somebody else's forum which by the way I've never done ever ever I have no inclination whatsoever to go on somebody else's site and have debates rent free that's where we live in people's heads the Dallas Cowboys no matter how little success they've had in late playoff runs still own prime time we still own media ratings always gonna be another fans heads... nice troll job bro
Funny how butthurt some of you get over other team fans coming to your site. I only come when our two teams are playing. We have Cowboy fans at ours.

jgboys1

Reaction score
Huge moment for Dak. The media, the 49ers, and a large % of the Dallas fan base will be expecting another choke job from him in a big moment, on the road, against a very good D.

These are the spots he has struggled in the past.

Purdy on the other hand, has been pretty much flawless since arriving on the scene. Cinderella story. Rags to riches. Smart, calm, and plays within a well-designed offensive scheme suited to his strengths.

Can Dak flip the script? The experts picked SF 9-1 over Dallas. Prescott has a lot on the line on Sunday— Purdy is just relaxing and enjoying the ride.

Pressure is on 4 to play well and lead his team to a W on the road— or at least a well-played, hard fought nailbiter L.

Anything less and the pressure and criticism gets even worse for Dak.
Agree! If Dak makes some mistakes and we end up losing this game, Dak will never hear the end of it. The pressure is definitely going to be on him big time! I do not have much confidence in Dak but I do hope he plays great and we win this game with pretty much the whole world watching.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
I can live with the Catch. San Fran had some moments against us for sure but we have had moments against them as well. Most of it is from long long ago. The issue is the last 2 years. We need to change the trend. This is a big game for potential home field advantage. If we want to do big things we need to be thinking big things.