This game made me appreciate Tony Romo more

Gator88

Reaction score
I didn't miss him much after the Giants came into our house and beat us en route to the Super Bowl after we had a bye and Romo thought it was was a good choice to go to Cabo and get his mack on instead of focusing on the upcoming game. I'll never forgive him for that, we were the better team.
They really weren't with how the Giants beat the 18-0 Pats, and TO being injured and a shell of himself. However, even with all that Romo threw what would have been the game winning pass with 30 seconds to go, but Crayton inexplicably quit on his route.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
He should have gotten his job back last year when he got healthy. And this isn't a knee jerk response from me I've always said that since day 1. Prescott is not as good as Romo right now, he just isn't

I disagree. If that was the case last year, then coaches would have benched Dak and given the job back to Romo.

lqmac1

Reaction score
Yes, but i just always felt that no matter how down we are with Romo, we were never out of it. I just don't get that vibe with Dak. It's just not his game.
I don't mean this as a dig or shot against Romo by any means so please don't take it that way. I am a Romo homer and love that dude to death, but a lot of times we would get down big because of his turnovers.

Like I said, I love Romo to death and he is one of my favorite all-time Cowboys players, if not my favorite player.

pansophy

Reaction score
He should have gotten his job back last year when he got healthy. And this isn't a knee jerk response from me I've always said that since day 1. Prescott is not as good as Romo right now, he just isn't
No he isn't and I thought they should have put Romo back in if we were going to have a shot at doing something in the playoffs last year.

But he is 37 this year and hasn't been able to keep on the field. I understand why we made the organizational decision to stick with Dak.

He has a lot of work to do. Mechanics and accuracy isn't there yet, but seems like he is understanding the offense better. It's going to be a tough for him until he can show that he can beat defenses that sellout to stop the run.

Gameover

Reaction score
This ones for Khalidi:https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/200911150gnb.htm

To the Romoite: we didnt need a 21 point comeback in this one. Romo still failed us(by your definition)

And the Cowboys defense kicked Aaron Rodgers *** that day.

His points:
Late long 1st qtr FG that was set up by a strip of Roy Williams
A TD drive in which Jenkins was hurt on a third down and replace by Scandrick and Ken Hamlin was injured on third and replaced by Pat Watkins. Rodgers picked up third downs on both subs and they scored a TD
Late sack fumble of the almighty inside our 10 yard line

All their points that day

Best game I've seen our defense play that I can remember

Last edited:

khiladi

Reaction score
They said it clearly.. they didn't want to ruin the run. And teammates said he looked better than Dak in practice.

And Romo still looked light years better than Dak in Philly..

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
Dak inherited Romo's talented skill people on offense, but unfortunately also his defense.

Bingo!

And that's the way it's been around here for ten freakin' years and everybody knows it regardless of who the Qb is.

Until we can get some big stops in big games you could bring back Roger and the results will always be the same.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
They said it clearly.. they didn't want to ruin the run. And teammates said he looked better than Dak in practice.

And Romo still looked light years better than Dak in Philly..

Romo looked better than Dak after Romo got hurt last year? Wow. Dak didn't start practicing with the 1st team offense after Romo went down.

Cowboyz88

Reaction score
Mods, can we please have a Romo room for all the Romo fans to congregate and discuss his play?

Do we have to put up with a Romo woulda done this, Romo wouldn't have done that, Romo won four Super Bowls (the rest of us didn't know it), Romo hung the moon, Romo's the greatest announcer, etc. threads every freaking week?

He is no longer a Dallas Cowboy.

Why not have "I miss Roger Staubauch," "I miss Troy Aikman," "I miss Kavika Pittman," "I miss Shante Carver," "I miss Gavin Ecscobar," "I miss Jeff Ogden," "I miss Colston Weatherington," etc. threads?

khiladi

Reaction score
This ones for Khalidi:https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/200911150gnb.htm

To the Romoite: we did need a 21 point comeback in this one. Romo still failed us(by your definition)

I don't get what your guys point is.

Romo was working with a garbage OL, garbage OCs a coach that was constantly criticized for abandoning the run, that coaches garbage brothers getting promoted to passing game coordinator because of blood relations, the head coach in training..

On the other hand, Dak has one of the best OL in football, the best RB, an actual OC that has put up top five scoring offense numbers multiple times and worked with all time great offenses including the Vikings with Moss and Carter and teams stacking the box to stop Zeke.. and an offense that now is based heavily on play action..

Do you think teams were stacking to box to stop Felix Jones?

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Again, Romo had a younger Witten and Dez who back then both were more effective and better at getting open than they do now. And Murray rarely put up stinkers like Zeke did today with 9 carries for 8 yards.
True but Zeke had nowhere to go. I'm ashamed of the offensive line. Also, those who say Zeke needs to lose some weight are right. And if he doesn't get his mind right soon, our offense is in trouble. Goodell has had the effect he wanted to have on Zeke. I'm just sorry Zeke allowed the legal proceedings to get to him. Hope he gets it together ASAP.

aria

Reaction score
They really weren't with how the Giants beat the 18-0 Pats, and TO being injured and a shell of himself. However, even with all that Romo threw what would have been the game winning pass with 30 seconds to go, but Crayton inexplicably quit on his route.
Romo wasn't his usual self and I question anyone who puts partying over playoffs.

khiladi

Reaction score
Romo looked better than Dak after Romo got hurt last year? Wow. Dak didn't start practicing with the 1st team offense after Romo went down.

When he started back practicing, uh yeah.. and he looked light years better than him in the Eagles game.. Dak was chucking balls into coverage from corner blitzes and got lucky he didn't get intercepted twice in limited action..

It tells you a lot that Dallas rested Zeke completely that game and still gave Dak multiple series..

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
I disagree. If that was the case last year, then coaches would have benched Dak and given the job back to Romo.

And I have to disagree with that.

You couldn't give the team back to Romo after the winning streak we had when he got healthy in the middle of the season. You would've lost the team and Romo recognized that too, hence the press conference.

It was the right call to leave Dak in even though it might not have been the most productive call.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
I don't get what your guys point is.

Romo was working with a garbage OL, garbage OCs a coach that was constantly criticized for abandoning the run, that coaches garbage brothers getting promoted to passing game coordinator because of blood relations, the head coach in training..

On the other hand, Dak has one of the best OL in football, the best RB, an actual OC that has put up top five scoring offense numbers multiple times and worked with all time great offenses including the Vikings with Moss and Carter and teams stacking the box to stop Zeke.. and an offense that now is based heavily on play action..

Do you think teams were stacking to box to stop Felix Jones?

Dak has one of the best off run blocking lines (not today though). Pass blocking they aren't one of the best.

ilykdrama

Reaction score
If you've been listening to Romo's color commentary, he's the GOAT. Same level as Brady and Peyton at their best. He's predicting plays in offenses he didn't run. He's special. Our owner just thought he could sneak by without getting him a supporting cast good enough.