This game made me appreciate Tony Romo more

khiladi

Reaction score
Dak has one of the best off run blocking lines (not today though). Pass blocking they aren't one of the best.

I don't even want to
Legitimize this claim by speaking about it, but assuming it is true for the sake of argument, it's way better than any line Romo worked with. Has Dak been sacked on average upper 30 times a season as was Romo?

DCreppinBoysfan

Reaction score
That 2012 season when Romo willed us to 8-8 with that horrible dline was in early if the most spectacular 8-8 season ever because that defense and online was so bad, Any other qb not name Rodgers would've went 4-12 at best. Go look at games on YouTube from that season(the season we lost to RG||| twice).

It's still hard for me to even listen to Romo broadcast. I wish Romo could've stayed and mentored Dak. Especially on those presnap adjustments cuz I've yet to see us capitalize on that since Dak started all that presnap motion

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Dak has one of the best off run blocking lines (not today though). Pass blocking they aren't one of the best.

Every ranking I have seen, especially grades, shows they are though. Not exactly sure where you're seeing they aren't the best with pass blocking.

You guys are spoiled by how great they consistently play. Watch more football, and then watch our O-Line.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
And I have to disagree with that.

You couldn't give the team back to Romo after the winning streak we had when he got healthy in the middle of the season. You would've lost the team and Romo recognized that too, hence the press conference.

It was the right call to leave Dak in even though it might not have been the most productive call.

But if Romo of today is better than Dak, then last year he too would be better than Dak. Dak was superb last year. Romo was great in 2015. Romo last year we have no idea what he was because he got injured.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Ive been ripping Dak apart all evening but...

Look at Romos stat line this game

Worst defensive performance ive ever seen by this team

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
Mods, can we please have a Romo room for all the Romo fans to congregate and discuss his play?

Do we have to put up with a Romo woulda done this, Romo wouldn't have done that, Romo won four Super Bowls (the rest of us didn't know it), Romo hung the moon, Romo's the greatest announcer, etc. threads every freaking week?

He is no longer a Dallas Cowboy.

Why not have "I miss Roger Staubauch," "I miss Troy Aikman," "I miss Kavika Pittman," "I miss Shante Carver," "I miss Gavin Ecscobar," "I miss Jeff Ogden," "I miss Colston Weatherington," etc. threads?

I can answer your post with three simple words--

I miss Doomsday!

That solves every single thought you had about missing all those players.

NumOneQB

Reaction score
I absolutely agree. We all know what an amazing player Romo was at Safety. He mentored Jeff Heath into the starter he is today. Also, how could we forget Romo's play at DT & DE?? He put the DLine sorely on his back and took over games at times like Charles Haley did. He was a madman coming from the outside. Man I miss that Romo so much...,

Gator88

Reaction score
Romo wasn't his usual self and I question anyone who puts partying over playoffs.
Nobody was their usual selves against that Giants pass rush in the playoffs that season. Even with a dropped td pass, the aforementioned quit route on the game winning td, and multiple other miscues by the receivers, Dallas still put up more points against the Giants in the playoffs than the undefeated Pats did.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Every ranking I have seen, especially grades, shows they are though. Not exactly sure where you're seeing they aren't the best with pass blocking.

You guys are spoiled by how great they consistently play. Watch more football, and then watch our O-Line.

Dak was sacked 25 times last year (if I recall). What exaclty were they great at least year in pass blocking? Watch more football, and then watch our O-Line.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Lmao that was 10 years ago!
And if there were 500 reasons why the lost that game, him getti g out of the crazy Dallas media hype and going to the beach for a few days (13 days before the game) with Witten and their girlfriends was number 500.

But yes, very, very old news.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I disagree. If that was the case last year, then coaches would have benched Dak and given the job back to Romo.

Romo asked for a competition against Dak once he came back last year and the coaches refused to allow them to compete. The beat writers all wrote that the coaches knew Romo would beat him out but they didn't want to interrupt the momentum we had built. Which is the stupidest thing imo.

aria

Reaction score
True but Zeke had nowhere to go. I'm ashamed of the offensive line. Also, those who say Zeke needs to lose some weight are right. And if he doesn't get his mind right soon, our offense is in trouble. Goodell has had the effect he wanted to have on Zeke. I'm just sorry Zeke allowed the legal proceedings to get to him. Hope he gets it together ASAP.
Lol, so Goodell has mind control over the Ewok. As absurd as that sounds maybe you're right, the dude is as dumb as a box of rocks and not only lets Goodell rent space in his ginormous head but also pyschotic girlfriends.

Last week it was "Zeke is running mad" "Zeke is going to prove Goodell wrong. This week it's "Goodell is getting the effect he wanted to have on Zeke". Good stuff man, good stuff, truly comical.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Some of you can put up with things just like we all do. This too shall pass.

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
But if Romo of today is better than Dak, then last year he too would be better than Dak. Dak was superb last year. Romo was great in 2015. Romo last year we have no idea what he was because he got injured.

Honestly, I'm not saying I disagree - I'm just saying you could never make that change in the middle of a season they way Dak was playing and everybody, from Jerry to Tony to the team recognized that.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Mods, can we please have a Romo room for all the Romo fans to congregate and discuss his play?

Do we have to put up with a Romo woulda done this, Romo wouldn't have done that, Romo won four Super Bowls (the rest of us didn't know it), Romo hung the moon, Romo's the greatest announcer, etc. threads every freaking week?

He is no longer a Dallas Cowboy.

Why not have "I miss Roger Staubauch," "I miss Troy Aikman," "I miss Kavika Pittman," "I miss Shante Carver," "I miss Gavin Ecscobar," "I miss Jeff Ogden," "I miss Colston Weatherington," etc. threads?

Are you mental?

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lol, so Goodell has mind control over the Ewok. As absurd as that sounds maybe you're right, the dude is as dumb as a box of rocks and not only lets Goodell rent space in his ginormous head but also pyschotic girlfriends.

Last week it was "Zeke is running mad" "Zeke is going to prove Goodell wrong. This week it's "Goodell is getting the effect he wanted to have on Zeke". Good stuff man, good stuff, truly comical.
Zeke looks different to me so far this season. I believe it's the court case. If you disagree, cool.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Because of fans like you

I'm a Romo fan. I was actually one of these fans who thought he could do no wrong. It was everyones fault but his. But as I've gotten older and more reasonable......Romo should share some blame in only having 2 playoff wins. I went from being a Romo apologist to simply being a Romo fan.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
I don't even want to
Legitimize this claim by speaking about it, but assuming it is true for the sake of argument, it's way better than any line Romo worked with. Has Dak been sacked on average upper 30 times a season as was Romo?

Otay...we don't agree on this.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Dak is going to be fine.
He had a rough day, but he will have strong year.

This WAS one of our worst losing margins in 10 years though. Thats on the whole team.