This game made me appreciate Tony Romo more

Cowboyz88

Reaction score
THIS is what Cowboys royalty is.

If you miss anyone at QB, it should be one of these two MVPs:

1d0673de1448b3c84c845bef125739d1.jpg

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Dak was sacked 25 times last year (if I recall). What exaclty were they great at least year in pass blocking? Watch more football, and then watch our O-Line.

Again, how are you grading this? Show me a site that graded our O-Line low in pass blocking. If you want to say NOW that it's not great, I will say, Collins wasn't any different than Free was last year and he was up against Miller.

If anything, I say without Leary and Collins at LG, we are missing that big push in run blocking. That has downgraded.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
We got blown out with Tony quite a few times as well.

This game reminded me of Romo.

This offense doesn't work as a dink-n-dunk offense. It didn't work when they tried to dink-n-dunk with Romo and it didn't work here with Dak dink-n-dunking.

It's an intermediate pass route offense with a run game to balance the offense out and help open up bigger plays. Going with 01, 10 personnel with 4 or 5 wide isn't going to produce long pass patterns or even intermediate pass patterns. It's quick hitting patterns. When we need a big play to get a quick score...we go to plays which are specifically not designed towards big plays.

This is why I doubt we'll ever even go to a SB with Garrett. He's too prone to being out-coached. And again...4th and 3 on the Denver 39 yard line...punt. Jones punts it into the end zone and we gained a whopping 19 yards of field advantage. That's just stupid football.

YR

Cowfan75

Reaction score
No disrespect to Dak, but I always thought Romo was better. Always. But Romo would have been killed today. They would have had him running for his life. And don't forget the officials love to let the Denver D hurt opposing QB's. Anyone notice how many times Von was offsides, while the officials looked the other way?

DFWJC

Reaction score
Minus the 44-6 schilacking from the Eagles and the playoff game at Minnesota, I truly cant remember other games we were destroyed with Tony at the helm.
Romo (and team) had 135 starts, and an astonishingly low 3-4 games that were this lopsided.
And that includes years wirh some of the worst defenses in NFL history, and some very porous olines..

Btw, Brady, Manning, Rodgers, and pretty much everyone else have been on the losing end of 25+ point routes.
It happens.

Can't see it happening that badly to Dallas and Dak again this year though.
Hes going to have a strong career, imo.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Two good qbs with great supporting casts and defense. But sure let's blame Romo another good qb for not taking a mop bucket and whatever other assorted pieces we had on defense to a Superbowl.

Gameover

Reaction score
Ive been ripping Dak apart all evening but...

Look at Romos stat line this game

Worst defensive performance ive ever seen by this team

The first two games were because of idiotic game planning

The staff had been beaten down those weeks because of not running the Ball enough in the previous game. So our staff went out to show the media that they could run it. The problem was the ran like 12 of the first 14 plays, when the other teams defense figured us out and stuffed the run on the second drive, the Cowboys coaches had no plan B.

aria

Reaction score
Zeke looks different to me so far this season. I believe it's the court case. If you disagree, cool.
I agree he looks different but I respectfully disagree it has anything to do with the court case and if it does he needs to man up and deal with it. The best way he can shove it in Goodell's face is do what Brady did, win a SB or just go out there and kick some tail. I personally think he's prone to partying and doesn't think or doesn't care about consequences.

Since he's been under investigation he has been spotted partying on Lake Louisville, knocked a guy out at a nightclub and was partying on Greenville Ave during St Pattus day where he flashed a womans breast. That doesn't sound like someone who is too concerned about a court case, it sounds like an absolute selfish moron who has zero concern for anyone but himself.

Romotil45

Reaction score
He should have gotten his job back last year when he got healthy. And this isn't a knee jerk response from me I've always said that since day 1. Prescott is not as good as Romo right now, he just isn't

Unfortunately unless Romo comes back on another team and proves this it is all conjecture. Is Dak as good as the ten year vet who went to the probowl in 2014 ? No he's just not that good, yet , and may never be. But Romo is history let's move on. Dak had two lack luster performances against top defenses it happens. Romo had his share stinkers.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Unfortunately unless Romo comes back on another team and proves this it is all conjecture. Is Dak as good as the ten year vet who went to the probowl in 2014 ? No he's just not that good, yet , and may never be. But Romo is history let's move on. Dak had two lack luster performances against top defenses it happens. Romo had his share stinkers.

Romo had those stinkers back in his earlier days before the oline was what it is now. Once 2014 got here we never saw any games from Romo that look anything like what we saw tonight. He would have ripped the Broncos alive for stacking the box the way they did. Dak can't make them pay for that he is dependent on Zeke

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree he looks different but I respectfully disagree it has anything to do with the court case and if it does he needs to man up and deal with it. The best way he can shove it in Goodell's face is do what Brady did, win a SB or just go out there and kick some tail. I personally think he's prone to partying and doesn't think or doesn't care about consequences.

Since he's been under investigation he has been spotted partying on Lake Louisville, knocked a guy out at a nightclub and was partying on Greenville Ave during St Pattus day where he flashed a womans breast. That doesn't sound like someone who is too concerned about a court case, it sounds like an absolute selfish moron who has zero concern for anyone but himself.
I was referring to the more the recent situation where the six game suspension was actually handed down and he appeared in the 5th circuit. He hasn't looked like his happy fun-loving self since - on or off the field.

Cowboyz88

Reaction score
Two good qbs with great supporting casts and defense. But sure let's blame Romo another good qb for not taking a mop bucket and whatever other assorted pieces we had on defense to a Superbowl.

Uh, correction. Two GREAT QBs.

And please don't pretend that Romo had nothing to do with us not getting the ring.

I like Romo…I dislike all the irrational fans (mostly under the age of 30, no doubt) that act like he was perfect, when he was anything but. (And there are plenty)

Again, if you want the ideal of Cowboys QB greatness, it's #12 and #8.

mattjames2010

Reaction score

Not to mention, completely different eras. I don't even bring up Staubach anymore in any discussions. That era of football is so irrelevant to the game today it's not even worth discussing.

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score

That's simply a myopic post in the ultimate team sport.

Don Meredith was 16 seconds away in one year and 50 seconds in another from two Super Bowls that he absolutely would've won.

You don't think Dan Marino is missed by the Dolphins? How about Dan Fouts or Boomer Esiason or Fran Tarkenton? Jim Kelly? Warren Moon?

It's just a poor fan take - you should be better than that.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Romo had those stinkers back in his earlier days before the oline was what it is now. Once 2014 got here we never saw any games from Romo that look anything like what we saw tonight. He would have ripped the Broncos alive for stacking the box the way they did. Dak can't make them pay for that he is dependent on Zeke

Dak just needs to learn how to read the defenses like Romo could, pre-snap. That will come with time, he has the tools to succeed. His accuracy issue needs to be corrected sooner than later though.