Video: This has an ugly ending coming?

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
As fan we have no saying The Jones can run it the way they want and they are here to stay ..It is a business and an entertainment venue for them The era of cowboys supremacy is over we are nothing but the Dallas Bengals with a good PR firm running the show. get used to it.
I am used to it.

This franchise is run very differently from all the others.

McCarthy aside, we can not get good coaches here to coach.

They do not trust the Jones to do was is needed to win.

McCarthy was a very big surprise coming here.

Especially after coaching at GB.

I suppose he figures Jerrah is just desperate enough to stand back and let him coach.

It's a big question mark to me why McCarthy really came here.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
I am used to it.

I suppose he figures Jerrah is just desperate enough to stand back and let him coach.

Lets see this ownership has one more Lombardi trophy than Landry got. There are fans here that wish for another Johnson type coach who was hired by Jones and there are some that wish for another Parcells type who Jones hired. All you've done is vent your opinion and anger towards Jones and you also think it's some kind of facts too. No I'm not a big Jones fan but I do know that over the years there have been many people, both former coaches and GM's and sportswriters and anylists that have said that there are few people in sports that want to win more than Jones does It's funny, not ha ha funny, that so many people can put their finger on one thing for the reason that it's been so long since the Cowboys won a Super Bowl but fail to realize that there are so many parts to the equation and it's never been one single thing.

jnday

Reaction score
Sharpe is more annoying than usual, because he's being more stupid than usual. "They won't pay Dak his money." How did 40mil get to be Dak's money? Why not 50? 100?

Should Dak be paid 14% more than Russel Wilson, the highest paid player in the league?

Maybe. Really, maybe. There's some argument that the payscale is going up a lot in the near future, and that a contract under the current payscale will be very undervalued by the new payscale.

And I think this is the sticking point. Dak wants to be paid *now* not according to the payscale *now*, but the payscale he projects for *tomorrow*.

Not entirely unreasonable. But it is unreasonable to expect Jerry to go along with it. Now, both sides disagree on the proper payscale to use.

IMO, that can only get fixed by time. And both sides should start acting based on that.

Dak was happy to play for 2mil last year, turning up his nose at a 33mil per year contract. Why would he be in a big hurry to sign a contract this year, when he'll make 33 on the tag anyway?

Dak should plan to play on the tag.

But, from the Cowboys perspective, Dak is not only wanting a massive premium on the current payscale, he's entirely discounting the *extra* value that Jerry brings to the table with the Cowboys brand.

Jerry should make it clear that he expects the value of the Cowboys brand to be taken into account when making contracts. He should have *always* been doing that. But it's a good time to start now, when his QB not only ignores Cowboy brand value, but wants to be paid according to a projected future payscale.

The Cowboys should be seriously looking into drafting a QB this year. And look into trades for Dak in case we find one we like, and in case he signs his franchise tag.

I don't think there's a magic wand to fix this, particularly since Jerry got publicly punked by both DLaw and Zeke, and has given himself no viable option but Dak at QB. Unreasonable demands appeared to put Dak at no risk of losing the Cowboy brand. So why not be unreasonable? Jerry has established no deterrence.

Jerry can pay Dak 40, or establish deterrence. Once deterrence is lost, it costs to reestablish it. In this case, the cost will be transitioning to a new QB. It's a bad time to lack deterrence, but it is what it is now. Should have thought of that before giving up a 1st for Cooper, so that he could set his price. Or before he let Dlaw and Zeke punk him.

Maybe Jerry actually *agrees* with Dak on the likelihood of an impending boom in the payscale. Maybe that's why he just keeps on caving with player after player. Then fine. "Cave" on Dak and pay him 40.

But if not, I think it's time to move on. Once you start paying the price for deterrence by bringing in an option, a Dak's contract gets less valuable to us by that price. This doesn't get better. It gets worse.
Today’s pay scale is today’s pay scale. How is it reasonable to want to be paid by tomorrow’s pay scale? It isn’t. I have never seen a job that paid wages on a future scale. It is beyond unreasonable for a player like Dak to be the highest paid player in the league because at some point he assumes that QB pay might reach the level that he is asking for. It is not good business for Jerry to give in to Dak’s demands. To make matters worse, he wants a short term contract . The Cowboys are getting screwed on every level if they give in to Dak.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
I am used to it.

$$$$ Money the guy was desperate for this Dallas job..is he a good coach ? yes but not to the level of greatness.....if you watched the news just before the search his buddy Peter King made an interview with him just to promote him he was talking about he will use analytic bla bla it was all PR move...I welcome him to Dallas and I hope he does well

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I'd like to think that's the case rather than what's being reported,,, Jerry wants to sign him for a longer contract.

The money can be spread out over a longer contract and you don’t have to worry about Dak cashing in big twice in only a few years.

ESisback

Reaction score
Just tell yourself that no matter what you think it has no affect on what happens and maybe the drama won't bother you as much.

I’m annoyed about a favored hobby, a game, NOT consumed by rage and depression over a life altering necessity. There’s a huge difference. I don’t lie awake at night vibrating and rocking back and forth.

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
Sharpe is more annoying than usual, because he's being more stupid than usual. "They won't pay Dak his money." How did 40mil get to be Dak's money? Why not 50? 100?

Should Dak be paid 14% more than Russel Wilson, the highest paid player in the league?

Maybe. Really, maybe. There's some argument that the payscale is going up a lot in the near future, and that a contract under the current payscale will be very undervalued by the new payscale.

And I think this is the sticking point. Dak wants to be paid *now* not according to the payscale *now*, but the payscale he projects for *tomorrow*.

Not entirely unreasonable. But it is unreasonable to expect Jerry to go along with it. Now, both sides disagree on the proper payscale to use.

IMO, that can only get fixed by time. And both sides should start acting based on that.

Dak was happy to play for 2mil last year, turning up his nose at a 33mil per year contract. Why would he be in a big hurry to sign a contract this year, when he'll make 33 on the tag anyway?

Dak should plan to play on the tag.

But, from the Cowboys perspective, Dak is not only wanting a massive premium on the current payscale, he's entirely discounting the *extra* value that Jerry brings to the table with the Cowboys brand.

Jerry should make it clear that he expects the value of the Cowboys brand to be taken into account when making contracts. He should have *always* been doing that. But it's a good time to start now, when his QB not only ignores Cowboy brand value, but wants to be paid according to a projected future payscale.

The Cowboys should be seriously looking into drafting a QB this year. And look into trades for Dak in case we find one we like, and in case he signs his franchise tag.

I don't think there's a magic wand to fix this, particularly since Jerry got publicly punked by both DLaw and Zeke, and has given himself no viable option but Dak at QB. Unreasonable demands appeared to put Dak at no risk of losing the Cowboy brand. So why not be unreasonable? Jerry has established no deterrence.

Jerry can pay Dak 40, or establish deterrence. Once deterrence is lost, it costs to reestablish it. In this case, the cost will be transitioning to a new QB. It's a bad time to lack deterrence, but it is what it is now. Should have thought of that before giving up a 1st for Cooper, so that he could set his price. Or before he let Dlaw and Zeke punk him.

Maybe Jerry actually *agrees* with Dak on the likelihood of an impending boom in the payscale. Maybe that's why he just keeps on caving with player after player. Then fine. "Cave" on Dak and pay him 40.

But if not, I think it's time to move on. Once you start paying the price for deterrence by bringing in an option, a Dak's contract gets less valuable to us by that price. This doesn't get better. It gets worse.

If the Cowboys want to pay on the current payscale then the fair offer is $110 million+ guaranteed on a four year extension.

8-8 no playoffs and couldn’t beat Philly in crucial game. I have my doubts on him.

Dak has been to the playoffs two of four years and has a great W/L record. The only doubt I had was if he could put up stats which he more than proved he could do that this season. He also should improve under McCarthy.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
$$$$ Money the guy was desperate for this Dallas job..is he a good coach ? yes but not to the level of greatness.....if you watched the news just before the search his buddy Peter King made an interview with him just to promote him he was talking about he will use analytic bla bla it was all PR move...I welcome him to Dallas and I hope he does well
Very astute Fan-san.

Would you like to try one of our famous fortune cookies?

Legend has it that our #1 draft pick for 2020 is revealed in the cookies.

In 2019 it even predicted we had no #1 becuz the great and powerful Emperor Jones wished it in order to fulfill a marriage promise to Dak-San to search for a WR to enhance his power.

So place try our cookies..only $10,000 each.

All proceeds go to the Sign Dak Foundation.

No?

Very well, a long and prosperous life oh weary traveler.

Goodbye.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
Very astute Fan-san.

Would you like to try one of our famous fortune cookies?

Legend has it that our #1 draft pick for 2020 is revealed in the cookies.

In 2019 it even predicted we had no #1 becuz the great and powerful Emperor Jones wished it in order to fulfill a marriage promise to Dak-San to search for a WR to enhance his power.

So place try our cookies..only $10,000 each.

All proceeds go to the Sign Dak Foundation.

No?

Very well, a long and prosperous life oh weary traveler.

Goodbye.

Sign Dak Foundation.?
i will be the first to rob it:)

Flamma

Reaction score
He would have to have a miserable year or suffer a career threatening injury not to see him again in 2021.

All it would take is another 8-8 season. At some point you have to ask yourself what's the problem? Even if it isn't the QB, what's the point of paying one a lot of money if you're going to go 8-8? Similar to the Romo situation.

I fully expect Dak to be signed before July 15th. My scenario is if he isn't. That would not be a good sign. But right now, I wouldn't bet a dime that he is going to play under the tag.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
All it would take is another 8-8 season. At some point you have to ask yourself what's the problem? Even if it isn't the QB, what's the point of paying one a lot of money if you're going to go 8-8? Similar to the Romo situation.

I fully expect Dak to be signed before July 15th. My scenario is if he isn't. That would not be a good sign. But right now, I wouldn't bet a dime that he is going to play under the tag.

Another 8-8 season would raise questions about Dak. At some point you do have to look at the QB. However, we did go 8-8 with Romo three straight seasons. Can’t say I fully expect him to be signed by July 15 we’ll just have to see.

ESisback

Reaction score
Another 8-8 season would raise questions about Dak. At some point you do have to look at the QB. However, we did go 8-8 with Romo three straight seasons. Can’t say I fully expect him to be signed by July 15 we’ll just have to see.

Draft a QB! Wonder how long till he came back to the bargaining table...

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Draft a QB! Wonder how long till he came back to the bargaining table...

We can draft a QB but not with our first pick. No need to come back to the bargaining table if we drafted one with our first pick. We would be moving on.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
50% of Sharpe and Bayliss' act is the Dallas Cowboys so I take everything they say with a grain of granite.
As we all should.

I never get offended by their little dramas.

Nor Stephen A Smith.

It's all about entertainment and illusions to sell product and services.

To me it is truly the Greatest Show on Earth..

NFL Football.

The Roman Collusium days had nothing on the NFL.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
I am used to it.

Yeah, Parcells and Phillips were absolute bums :rolleyes:
The Cowboys' HC job is the top coaching job in all of American sports. Urban Meyer said he would answer a call from Jerry Jones and basically lobbied for the job. Rex Ryan was begging for the job (then again Rex stinks and can't sniff an interview right now but he was at one point thought to be a good HC). McCarthy had his choice of job interviews this year.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score

I agree with you for sure.

Biggest issue has been he is being advised by his attorney who is motived by two things..

Money from DAKs new deal..

and winning to get other new clients to do it again.

That's it.

Dak has alot more to worry about. If he overplays his hand, he could lose his career.

Just ask Kapernick.

Here today playing for a SB..

gone the next looking for a job. He can't even play in the CFL and the XFL did not want him either.

A misstep means a slippery slope. It goes downhill quickly.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Yeah, Parcells and Phillips were absolute bums :rolleyes:
The Cowboys' HC job is the top coaching job in all of American sports. Urban Meyer said he would answer a call from Jerry Jones and basically lobbied for the job. Rex Ryan was begging for the job (then again Rex stinks and can't sniff an interview right now but he was at one point thought to be a good HC). McCarthy had his choice of job interviews this year.
These guys you mention were either past their primes (Parcells, Phillips) or 2nd and 3rd tier guys to my thinking.

Rex Ryan? You answered your own question.

I mean really good HCs would not consider coming to Dallas with all the circus drama. Football coaches do not want to compete with the owner/GM for control of the team.

Now college coaches might to get a shot at the big-time but many do not want to risk their cushy college jobs for uncertainty in Dallas. It's just obvious. They would if they got paid enough. But then they just want Jerrah's money.

The job is 2nd or 3rd down the line of reasons.

So I have to sort of stay where I am on the topics for now.

We can agree to disagree, right?

(Ain't I a little stinker? Hahaha..)

:laugh:

Reaction score
The money can be spread out over a longer contract and you don’t have to worry about Dak cashing in big twice in only a few years.

Everyone understands the concept, many are not buying the premise that Dak will even be around for a second contract, in which case the shorter contract is better.