This is coming from a Dak Fan

JayFord

Reaction score
I dont think Dak wants to be the highest paid player ever....thats just me

plus if he gets that kind of money then Mahomes may very well be the first 200 million dollar contract in nfl history

and you can buy enough banana pudding to almost fill you up with that kind of money

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Dak has the Boys over a barrel and he knows it. While I would not mind making a play for Tua it ain’t happening. Jerry loves Dak and what he stands for. At the end of the day both sides will give in somewhat. I see 4 years with an option for a 5th, right around that $34m level.

You're right but having a team over a barrel means you're going to be close to or the guy who gets to be highest paid. See Zeke last year plus Dak has even more leverage than Zeke did at this point. It'll be more than $34M for certain. One year removed from Goff and Wentz' deals plus the yearly inflation of deals. It'll be more than Wilson's I'm betting.

Scotman

Reaction score
I am pro Dak, and I think that he should get paid. I think he is a better player than most of you do, and I think he has upside.

Having said the forgoing, it seems like Dak is trying to become the highest paid player ever. I think that’s really short sighted. This is a really bad look for Dak and is really souring me on Dak.

While Dak is doing everything that he can to get every dollar he can from the Cowboys, they would be remiss to not give a really hard look at drafting a QB high. If I were the Cowboys and an acceptable substitute is there when they are on the clock they have to take a good hard look at pulling the trigger on him.
I am exactly with you...every word.

Sevenup3000

Reaction score
I am pro Dak, and I think that he should get paid. I think he is a better player than most of you do, and I think he has upside.

Having said the forgoing, it seems like Dak is trying to become the highest paid player ever. I think that’s really short sighted. This is a really bad look for Dak and is really souring me on Dak.

While Dak is doing everything that he can to get every dollar he can from the Cowboys, they would be remiss to not give a really hard look at drafting a QB high. If I were the Cowboys and an acceptable substitute is there when they are on the clock they have to take a good hard look at pulling the trigger on him.

How many times does it need to be pointed out that the disagreement is over length?

GenoT

Reaction score
He wants to enter the market again in 4 years for more money. He isn't look for long term. If I'm the Cowboys I'll be looking at a QB in the mid rounds.
Agree.

IMHO, Dak wants his guarantee front-loaded, and with less years on the contact.

The total money isn't so much the issue; it’s more about the structure.

Sevenup3000

Reaction score
A quarterback who is willing to sit out an entire offseason under a new head coach as part of contract negotiations concerns me. That position is judged almost singularly on wins and losses, and Dak knows this as well as anyone. He's willing to jeopardize this season over his contract. Who was the last big-time QB to pull such a move?

Who was the last big time QB to be the 77th highest paid QB?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Ill take this one.................

I dont like when any player holds out. And especially the QB that is the leader of the team. But lets be clear here.............he hasnt held out yet.

And I completely disagree that he wants to be the highest paid player. What he wants is a 4 year deal instead of a 5 years deal THAT is not asking for much. In fact, most of the haters would LOVE only a 4 years deal.

From where I am standing, the Cowboys are the ones playing hard ball.

And lets also look at the reality. There are NO camps yet. We dont even know if the NFL is going to start late or even have a season.

So what is the incentive for either side to give in now?

At this point, its all fake news.

Regardless...........I would NEVER pass up on a good QB prospect and especially if he was BPA. Taking a guy like Hurts in the 3rd or 4th round makes sense to me.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Agree.

IMHO, Dak wants his guarantee front-loaded, and with less years on the contact.

The total money isn't so much the issue; it’s more about the structure.

Your view is the educated, reality view. Its easy to tell reading some of these who actually dont read or dont want to know the facts.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score

You use to be a Dak fan but then you put yourself in Stephen Jones's shoes by getting stingy with the money. Dak is asking for slightly above market value. In a year or two, his current asking price will not be looked at as so unreasonable. You have to understand this to understand why Dak is getting ahead of that curve right now. The FO needs to end this drama by paying the man.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score

I can agree, however, after seeing a side of him this off season that we didn't even know existed with me he's past the point of no return. The character he's displaying is a major turnoff for regardless of what he does on the field from here on.

morasp

Reaction score
I don't watch NFL games because of the millions of dollars the players make and I hate as a fan being bombarded by all of nauseating details of contract negotiations. It sucks all the fun out of it. I'm sure by the season opener they will have somebody under contract at the QB position and hopefully he'll be a pretty good one that doesn't bankrupt the salary cap for the rest of the players.

erod

Reaction score
He needs more around him than pretty much any starting QB, but he thinks he should be the top paid.

Trade him or rue the day.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I can't get what I want so I'm not going to act right. If that's a players mindset then the team should move on from him. And it doesn't matter who they are to me. Dak, Zeke, Tank whomever. Goodbye and good riddance. I understand the art of negotiations but when your not acting like a team player then your not playing on my team. Even during negotiations I want a player to show up for meetings and practices. If you can't conduct yourself like a professional, goodbye.
:popcorn:
But if he's not signed and gets injured, he's pretty much screwed.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'll go ahead and say it again.

Dak wants less years, so the team must want more years, yes?

If the team gets their way, and Prescott is not happy with his salary in a couple of years, he will simply hold out and we will be right here again anyway.

At the same time...less years equals less guaranteed money, which allowed the team to move on much more easily if that's how things go.

I see zero benefit from the teams point of view in holding out for a longer deal.
Are you sure that's why they are holding?

Hardline

Reaction score
No highest payed QB has ever won a Super Bowl.
You pay Dak scratch any shot of a Super Bowl off your list.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
The opposite. He wants less years on his contract, not more. Being the highest paid means nothing to him it seems.

I think people get this. What many of us don’t get is why he also insists on being paid the same or more than QBs that have proven more than he has. If he wants a concession from the team on years then he should be willing to give a concession on the dollars or the structure. It’s as simple and going to Jerry and saying “I want a 4 year deal, what will it take to get it”. Then listen to and be open to the answer. If it’s reasonable, take it and get this all over with. There is no reason at all he should be demanding a 4 year deal with more money per year than the recent 5 years deals given out to franchise QBs. He is quickly hopping in the same boat as Zeke for me. The one full of players who I don’t really like and hate that I have to cheer for them on Sundays.

ItzKelz

Reaction score

It's already out there that at this point it's not about money it's about the length of the contract. For example we recently saw McCaffrey just signed to a big contract making him the highest paid RB in the NFL. However he signed for 4 years instead of the 6 years that Zeke signed for that way if he is still playing at a high level in 4 years he potentially capitalize on another big contract.
T
is how JJ manipulates the salary cap with these long contracts. McCaffreys agent took a page out of the NBAs agents playbook and signed for a shorter deal....which is what Daks agent has been trying to do. Smart if you ask me.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Franchise tag for 2 years with a major focus on the QB run. If he can win a super bowl pay him whatever. If he can't then bye bye.
So, every QB that hasn't won a Super Bowl isn't worthwhile and should be subject to being cut, regardless of all other factors, regardless of how well he is playing, the strength of the team around him etc …? Wilson and Rodgers sucked before winning?