This is coming from a Dak Fan

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Just so we all understand, using Brady, Brees, Ben, Rivers, whoever as barometers for Dak's deal makes absolutely no sense given their age. The reason you think Tannehill was the only one to get overpaid? Age, and he's still 31 but also way worse than Dak.
Oh I understand about Brady, Brees, Ben and Rivers plus their age. It's just the way it worked out this year and lowered Dak's cap hit from ~33 million to ~27 million on the tag. I wasn't comparing their mostly reworked deals to Dak's 1st big deal,

Maybe I wasn't clear, so let me restate. I prefer his Tag amount at 27 mil vs 33 mil...Dak has an offer for x million for x years. I'm sure the tag is less than that offer now (Barring cap magic that could make the 1st year lower, looking at x average over x years). .It's been reported that Dak is holding out from the virtual OTA's...lol...really? I think the new adjusted tag price is reasonable and if he holds out, let him sit for the year (meaning don't play him if he comes back in week 10). If he signs the tag by July 15th (the cut off date for contract renegotiation) then all will be forgiven.

That's all I have to say about that...lol...for now.

Williamsboys

Reaction score
In sports there are some players in it for the prestige and money, while some are in it to win. If anyone follows the NHL Sidney Crosby is an MVP candidate almost every year, a Three time Stanley Cup winner and makes $8.7 Mil a year because he wants the team to have enough salary cap space to add depth on his team so they have a shot at winning each year. I wish a few of Our player were like that.

pansophy

Reaction score
Guess you didn't read highest paid player. If he wants less years, his chance of being the highest paid player goes out the window LOL. Just letting you know that if you ask for less years you are asking for less total money. It's exactly how it works.
Unless you add up all the money at the end of his career and see how much he made. The more contracts he has the more he is going to make. Unless he completely tanks he is going to make more in year 1 in contract #3 than in year 5 of contract 2.

If Dak isn’t trying to maximize his earnings then why doesn’t he just sign a 5 year deal?

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Unless you add up all the money at the end of his career and see how much he made. The more contracts he has the more he is going to make. Unless he completely tanks he is going to make more in year 1 in contract #3 than in year 5 of contract 2.

If Dak isn’t trying to maximize his earnings then why doesn’t he just sign a 5 year deal?

So the argument has turned from highest paid player, to highest paid player of all time from total contracts?

He's trying to maximize his earning, that in no way equates to only being worried about being the "highest paid player".

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I am pro Dak, and I think that he should get paid. I think he is a better player than most of you do, and I think he has upside.

Having said the forgoing, it seems like Dak is trying to become the highest paid player ever. I think that’s really short sighted. This is a really bad look for Dak and is really souring me on Dak.

While Dak is doing everything that he can to get every dollar he can from the Cowboys, they would be remiss to not give a really hard look at drafting a QB high. If I were the Cowboys and an acceptable substitute is there when they are on the clock they have to take a good hard look at pulling the trigger on him.

And lets not leave out the fact that Zeke Idiot was at this party too. Probably getting drunk I would assume.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
I am pro Dak, and I think that he should get paid. I think he is a better player than most of you do, and I think he has upside.

Having said the forgoing, it seems like Dak is trying to become the highest paid player ever. I think that’s really short sighted. This is a really bad look for Dak and is really souring me on Dak.

While Dak is doing everything that he can to get every dollar he can from the Cowboys, they would be remiss to not give a really hard look at drafting a QB high. If I were the Cowboys and an acceptable substitute is there when they are on the clock they have to take a good hard look at pulling the trigger on him.

No No. We have more pressing needs than gambling on a rookie qb.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score

I couldn't have written it better. Spot On! :clap:

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
The Cowboys have plenty of needs that are important to fill but the QBs available in this draft won't likely be available to improve us by the time our pick comes due at #17. We shouldn't be overly surprised if someone to challenge our backups at QB were potentially available to us, however. Whether the "powers that be" see fit to make that move at some point remains to be seen. I wouldn't be too surprised if one were to be drafted in the middle rounds. Actually, that wouldn't be overly shocking, in light of how negotiations have been going with Dak and his agent. I'm certain the Cowboys' front office has grown weary of the ongoing frustrations in these endless dealings, by now.

Last edited:

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score

Yes.

I just have a big picture of McCarthy starting out trying to compete with Dak for leadership of the team.

Not.

He already lost to Rodgers in GB. Now he is going to spar with Dak?

Insanity.

Yes, I think they are looking at making a change at QB. It may need to wait until next year and it may require losing this year to get a top 3 pick next year.

But whatever has to be done..we need to do it.

The Dak Dance needs to stop.

Wood

Reaction score

Has anyone thought that maybe Dak doesn't want to be in Dallas? This would be way to get out and not make it look like it was his intention or fault.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Yes.

I just have a big picture of McCarthy starting out trying to compete with Dak for leadership of the team.

Not.

He already lost to Rodgers in GB. Now he is going to spar with Dak?

Insanity.

Yes, I think they are looking at making a change at QB. It may need to wait until next year and it may require losing this year to get a top 3 pick next year.

But whatever has to be done..we need to do it.

The Dak Dance needs to stop.

lol.....yet you just all but admitted that without dak we will be so bad that we might only win a few games.

VACowboy

Reaction score
The opposite. He wants less years on his contract, not more. Being the highest paid means nothing to him it seems.
Dak hasn't signed because he wants to renegotiate the richest contract in NFL history in four years instead of five. Yeah. Money means nothing to Dak Prescott. Be interesting to see what he'd do if the Cowboys offered him 4 years/$100m. Hell, all guaranteed.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Dak hasn't signed because he wants to renegotiate the richest contract in NFL history in four years instead of five. Yeah. Money means nothing to Dak Prescott. Be interesting to see what he'd do if the Cowboys offered him 4 years/$100m. Hell, all guaranteed.
why would he do that turned down 33/105 guaranteed, if 105 is more then 100 the years dont matter really he wants it all and its a personality flaw not at least giving some..