This is coming from a Dak Fan

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Dak hasn't signed because he wants to renegotiate the richest contract in NFL history in four years instead of five. Yeah. Money means nothing to Dak Prescott. Be interesting to see what he'd do if the Cowboys offered him 4 years/$100m. Hell, all guaranteed.
Maybe you forgot, but we did lowball offer him $30M and that's when his camp took offense.

Also turned down $105 guaranteed, so your post doesnt make much sense.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
I would take Cam or Jamis right now, trade Dak to someone and get a nice haul of draft picks.
Never, and I cant stress this enough, ever majorly downgrade your QB position intentionally to gain unknown quantities.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am pro Dak, and I think that he should get paid. I think he is a better player than most of you do, and I think he has upside.

Having said the forgoing, it seems like Dak is trying to become the highest paid player ever. I think that’s really short sighted. This is a really bad look for Dak and is really souring me on Dak.

While Dak is doing everything that he can to get every dollar he can from the Cowboys, they would be remiss to not give a really hard look at drafting a QB high. If I were the Cowboys and an acceptable substitute is there when they are on the clock they have to take a good hard look at pulling the trigger on him.
I normally agree with you, but not on this one. Football is a cruel business, I'm sure Jerry is playing hardball too. I hope he gets as much as he can because they will use him up, cut him and move on as soon as they can.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
I normally agree with you, but not on this one. Football is a cruel business, I'm sure Jerry is playing hardball too. I hope he gets as much as he can because they will use him up, cut him and move on as soon as they can.

It's crazy that the teams are able to brainwash fans into thinking the players are greedy lmao.

A player who only earned $3M over four years and was the most valuable asset in the entire NFL who didn't sit out his last year even though he could have has decided..... no to attend online meetings.......? And now he is selfish? Our fanbase man... they need help.

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score
Maybe you forgot, but we did lowball offer him $30M and that's when his camp took offense.

Yes, but that was in 2019. It was about $28M more than he actually made I believe. That is a lot of money to leave on the table. A lot of ground to make up.

MojaveJT

Reaction score

That’s exactly why Zeke did what he did. They were running him into the ground with his carry count and the consistent beating. He most likely won’t get another huge contract unless he’s a freak like Adrian Peterson.

If some here don’t like the way Zeke handled his contract negotiation then they shouldn’t like the way Dak is and vice versa.

Swagger

Reaction score
Well this is all about what's been released thus far. What's been released thus far is they are stuck on a one year. And we can sit here and pretend like Dak and France are the difficult ones here but France had no problem getting Tannenhill overpaid.

Tannehill transformed the team from also rans to within 40 mins of reaching the Superbowl. Further, he was the QB of a team that defeated New England and Baltimore on the road in the post season. The team essentially have closer to a second round pick as opposed to a top first round draft pick in a few weeks. All of the above isn't opinion etc. It's simply true. On the face of it he had leverage heading into those negotiations and landed a good deal.

Prescott was on a talented roster that finished 8-8. He was the QB in a win and you are in game for the playoffs facing an injury ravaged team on their knees. Yet he played a terrible game and the team lost. According to some it was completely the fault of the Head Coach - the same Head Coach who was named NFL Coach of the Year in 2016 with the team finishing the regular season 13-3. I'm not a Garrett fan in any way but as a qualified lawyer I work with facts. I can't accept that the coaching was the main reason why we lost the key game last season to the Eagles. Not when my neck was hurting trying to locate misplaced throws. It was like I was playing a competition of "spot the ball"

When you read through the above facts, of the two quarterbacks, which one actually showed the intangibles and leadership last season...

When looked at objectively it's amusing how so many people get duped by the horse **** out there.

Big_D

Reaction score
Tannehill transformed the team from also rans to within 40 mins of reaching the Superbowl. Further, he was the QB of a team that defeated New England and Baltimore on the road in the post season. The team essentially have closer to a second round pick as opposed to a top first round draft pick in a few weeks. All of the above isn't opinion etc. It's simply true. On the face of it he had leverage heading into those negotiations and landed a good deal.

Prescott was on a talented roster that finished 8-8. He was the QB in a win and you are in game for the playoffs facing an injury ravaged team on their knees. Yet he played a terrible game and the team lost. According to some it was completely the fault of the Head Coach - the same Head Coach who was named NFL Coach of the Year in 2016 with the team finishing the regular season 13-3. I'm not a Garrett fan in any way but as a qualified lawyer I work with facts. I can't accept that the coaching was the main reason why we lost the key game last season to the Eagles. Not when my neck was hurting trying to locate misplaced throws. It was like I was playing a competition of "spot the ball"

When you read through the above facts, of the two quarterbacks, which one actually showed the intangibles and leadership last season...

When looked at objectively it's amusing how so many people get duped by the horse **** out there.

Is it possible the team tanked to be rid of Garrett? It really did look that way. I'm in agreement with you. Huge game against Philly and 1. Dak is paid already, but 2. Garrett is still here. It just didn't look like any of the 45 decided to show up that day.

Swagger

Reaction score
Is it possible the team tanked to be rid of Garrett? It really did look that way. I'm in agreement with you. Huge game against Philly and 1. Dak is paid already, but 2. Garrett is still here. It just didn't look like any of the 45 decided to show up that day.
Good question.

I have no further information either way.

I doubt Prescott would want to tank the game and fail to even make the post season with his impending contract negotiations. The rest of the team - who knows?

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
Wasn't more efficient. Good try on the one example, but you're gonna have to try again.

Efficiency is not going to get you far. It’s results that count. Wentz did far more with what he had than Dak. Not putting all the blame on Dak but if he wants to be paid he has to play better in big games. What would Dak look like on a team with less talent around him that he has in Dallas?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm not sure of anything, but if theres no deal, and the reported hangup is length, and the player reportedly wants a shorter deal, logic dictates that the team prefers a longer deal.

From the teams perspective, I suppose the idea is to lock him up now at a salary that will seem low in a few years.

Then you've bargained yourself into either a holdout situation or having an unhappy QB.

Just give the guy what he wants because you're going to have to keep the guy happy one way or another.
But you don;t. You don;t have to keep a guy happy just because he wants kept happy.

I'm not saying right or wrong, good or bad. But here's ALWAYS a choice for a team. Even a contracted player can "hold out" as a choice that shouldn't be a choice.

Oneiros

Reaction score
I am pro Dak, and I think that he should get paid. I think he is a better player than most of you do, and I think he has upside.

Having said the forgoing, it seems like Dak is trying to become the highest paid player ever. I think that’s really short sighted. This is a really bad look for Dak and is really souring me on Dak.

While Dak is doing everything that he can to get every dollar he can from the Cowboys, they would be remiss to not give a really hard look at drafting a QB high. If I were the Cowboys and an acceptable substitute is there when they are on the clock they have to take a good hard look at pulling the trigger on him.
I'll be honest with you Verdict, I was highly pro-Dak as well before this whole fiasco.

I am all in favor of rewarding him for all that he's accomplished, but he hasn't won a Super Bowl and doesn't deserve to be paid as the top player in the league. Plain and simple.

In fact, it has soured me to the point where I wouldn't be opposed to moving on from Dak if the opportunity presented itself.

HungryLion

Reaction score
It's crazy that the teams are able to brainwash fans into thinking the players are greedy lmao.

A player who only earned $3M over four years and was the most valuable asset in the entire NFL who didn't sit out his last year even though he could have has decided..... no to attend online meetings.......? And now he is selfish? Our fanbase man... they need help.

It’s funny that whenever a player holds out. Fans turn against them and say “honor your contract, honor your contract”

now, we have a player that DID honor his contract and is currently NOT under contract. And he skips workouts and they complain about that too.

Maybe it’s not the honoring of the contract that bothers fans, but perhaps players not kowtowing to the owners.

aria

Reaction score
After seeing all the support zeke got when he held out with 2 years left on his contract, skipped training camp and demanded to be the highest paid ever because so many people felt bad that poor Zeke deserved it and the several million he was offered wasn’t enough, even though his demands would hurt the team as a whole, I’ve come full circle.

I hope Dak is the highest paid QB ever, to hell with the Cowboys! This guy has done everything right (for the most part) and it’s hard to live off several million these days. I don’t care if we can’t sign any other player on the team and it’s just Dak handing the ball off to Zeke every play, these poor guys deserve every dime. If we go 8-8 for the next 4 years because we can’t address other areas of need then so be it.

Dlaw got his, the purse carrying punk diva got his, now it’s Dak’s turn. Thanks for opening my eyes last year Zeke and his supporters, I never knew how rough you had it until this Dak situation. Dak, buddy, pack your bags and get on the next flight to Cabo and don’t come back until Jerry caves to your demands (which he will) and destroys the team in the process like he did with these other bad contracts.

Go get ya some Dak!

VACowboy

Reaction score

Also turned down $105 guaranteed, so your post doesnt make much sense.
He turned down 105 over five years, not four. The math is actually pretty easy. You obviously missed the point of my hypothetical. My question is, if it's really all about the duration of the deal would he take less money to get his four-years? It was kind of tongue in cheek anyway. I don't buy the idea for one second that it's not about the money for Dak as some posters here seem to think. If it's not about the money why does he care about an extra year before he gets to renegotiate? I would think that if it's not about the money an extra year of security would be a good thing.

And I didn't forget anything. First of all, has anyone ever read anywhere "Dak's camp" expressing feelings of disrespect over a "lowball offer?" Secondly, lowball? $30m/per is more than either Goff or Wentz signed for. And lastly, are you serious? If "Dak's camp" is really that butthurt by the opening offer of the negotiation, well, I don't know what to say. Maybe they should all go to the XFL where contract talk won't hurt their feelings.

pansophy

Reaction score
So the argument has turned from highest paid player, to highest paid player of all time from total contracts?

He's trying to maximize his earning, that in no way equates to only being worried about being the "highest paid player".
He is trying to maximize his payout. Doesn’t really matter what label it’s given. He is on the path of Cousins right now, so Dak fans should be worried. He may not be here that long.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Efficiency is not going to get you far. It’s results that count. Wentz did far more with what he had than Dak. Not putting all the blame on Dak but if he wants to be paid he has to play better in big games. What would Dak look like on a team with less talent around him that he has in Dallas?
You said there were so many other receivers that were more effecient with less around them. That's what I replied to.

Now you're saying efficiency doesnt matter? Weird.

But yes, an effecient passing game is the absolute best way to win in the NFL.

By the way, Wentz has plenty around him. He has an all pro pass catcher in Ertz, way better offensive line, and a much better receiving back in Sanders. It isnt all doom and gloom over there.