This is why Amari wanted out

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
yes and we won the game. Sometimes its ok to just be fine with the W and turn the page. Its hard to win in the NFL. A win is a win. Its never good enough around here.
As long as the cowboys continue the yo yo trend....people will be cautious. Seem perfectly normal to me.

Tenkamenin

Reaction score
That is not as wide open as you think.

The middle linebacker is baiting that throw and James is coming hard over top.

Not an impossible throw but would need the proper touch/zip to fit in there.
YUP! Dak would've needed to release the ball immediately, as the moment Ferguson appeared open, the linebacker was in an ideal position to intercept the pass. Unless you possess the arm strength of quarterbacks like Elway or Favre, the likelihood of that pass being intercepted is quite high.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Amari certainly didn't want out of Dallas to go to Cleveland.
Exactly. Amari fits better in the south, for sure. Cleveland. Ohio is one of the most whacky states. Kind of an outlier in the grander scheme, but still pretty dynamic in terms of sociological institutions.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
This is awful

You don’t think other quarterbacks miss wide-open receivers don’t see them. If it’s not your first or second read, maybe you don’t have time for the third read. Unbelievable.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
To some extent yeah it's an every QB issue, but this was a bad miss. TE running free up the seam against a straight cover 2 is as easy as it gets. As I said in another post in this thread IDK if its really a Dak not seeing the field issue or a Dak is being handcuffed by the coaches issue. That is one that a Rogers, Brady, even a Romo would see, make an adjustment, and take advantage of easily. Dak is plenty good enough to make that throw.
Man, I'm a big Romo fan myself. But this is revisionist history. I can remember countless games where fans said the same things about Romo that they said about Dak. And let's be realistic here. The Cowboys are really good at finding a top 10 QB. They just haven't had their Troy Aikman in going on three decades.

We're spoiled fans given 1/32 odds every year. It's so easy to sit here and criticize from afar from the comfort of our devices.

rambo2

Reaction score
Exactly. Amari fits better in the south, for sure. Cleveland. Ohio is one of the most whacky states. Kind of an outlier in the grander scheme, but still pretty dynamic in terms of sociological institutions.
He had just bought a nice house in the Dallas area.

XXLMike

Reaction score
You don’t think other quarterbacks miss wide-open receivers don’t see them. If it’s not your first or second read, maybe you don’t have time for the third read. Unbelievable.
How many more years are you gonna make excuses for this guy with two playoff wins this embarrassment that we Dollars to.
Jimmy Garoppolo went to a Super Bowl and the 49ers got rid of him. Jared Goff went to a Super Bowl and the Rams got rid of him. Dak Prescott has two wins and we’re hanging onto him like Cinderella’s lost slipper.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
How many more years are you gonna make excuses for this guy with two playoff wins this embarrassment that we Dollars to.
Jimmy Garoppolo went to a Super Bowl and the 49ers got rid of him. Jared Goff went to a Super Bowl and the Rams got rid of him. Dak Prescott has two wins and we’re hanging onto him like Cinderella’s lost slipper.
Who is making excuses. Teams win championships not individuals. Jared Goff sucks, and so did Garoppolo. Prescott is more than capable. At least the franchise has a clue. People who have been doing this there whole life.

XXLMike

Reaction score
Who is making excuses. Teams win championships not individuals. Jared Goff sucks, and so did Garoppolo. Prescott is more than capable. At least the franchise has a clue. People who have been doing this there whole life.
Quarterbacks win championships.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
The funny part about this thread is Amari didn't want out of Dallas, but Dallas wanted Amari out. Im sure if the Cowboys wanted Amari he would still be here.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
For the record, and to be clear...it wasn't me trying to compare. And in fact I was trying to show Dak walked into a WAY...and I mean WAAAYYYY better situation as a rookie than Troy did.
Totally understood your post after reading a second time. That's why I have your other post a like. Sorry for any confusion there on my end

But also agreed with the crux of his post

We're good bro. Pretty much the only thing you and I don't see eye to eye on is Dolly Partons voice lol. Other than. That we're in lock step :thumbup:

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Actually well run organizations win SB's even in a "Parody" driven league the best run teams are staying at the top more often than not..

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Of course they do. The difference is, when other QBs miss wide open reads, people blame them instead of the scheme.

Not so in Dallas

It's alternate versions of either "the scheme sucks and no one is open", or "yeah they were open but it was the 3rd read so either way it's not daks fault"

Talk about unbelievable

You guys have a story to cover everything #4 sucks at

Status
Not open for further replies.