This is why Amari wanted out

Status
Not open for further replies.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
true, but Herbert missed wide open guys all night. Can we talk about that as well?
Herbert was given a failing grade for this game by every publication that does such grading. But, LAC has no fan base and nobody really cares what they do. Dallas is Dallas and the spotlight is much brighter. So when our players have bad games, it’s magnified 50x compared to LAC players.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Herbert was given a failing grade for this game by every publication that does such grading. But, LAC has no fan base and nobody really cares what they do. Dallas is Dallas and the spotlight is much brighter. So when our players have bad games, it’s magnified 50x compared to LAC players.
yes and we won the game. Sometimes its ok to just be fine with the W and turn the page. Its hard to win in the NFL. A win is a win. Its never good enough around here.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
yes and we won the game. Sometimes it’s ok to just be fine with the W and turn the page. It’s hard to win in the NFL. A win is a win. It’s never good enough around here.
Shut up and be happy is never going to fly on a chat board of a team in the midst of a 27 year Super Bowl drought. The current air of dissatisfaction is the stench from the SF game which still permeates. Sure we beat LAC but it was hardly convincing or making anyone feel better about the chances of extending our Super Bowl drought.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Shut up and be happy is never going to fly on a chat board of a team in the midst of a 27 year Super Bowl drought. The current air of dissatisfaction is the stench from the SF game which still permeates. Sure we beat LAC but it was hardly convincing or making anyone feel better about the chances of extending our Super Bowl drought.
I agree. I aint saying that at all.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is awful

Cooper:
In 2018
- Cowboys 725 yards in 9 games
- Raiders 280 yards in 6 games

1189 yards, 8 TDs, 15.1 avg, 54 1st downs
- All more than any season with the Raiders.

He had less yards last season despite more targets and a 17 games season vs 16 games in 2019.

He didn't "want out". They decided not to tolerate bad attitude players that blatantly broke team rules. Cooper called out Kellen Moore on radio and broke the Covid rules and was seen on camera doing it.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I have to express my disappointment that this is not already 20 pages. you all are getting lazy on this topic. I mean come on, its a missed opportunity and missed pass. why isn't this garnering more attention and more scrutiny is just boyond me. I am sure some one has a stat on missed plays like this.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Then stay miserable. No one here cares.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
I think some of that was pressure. He had to roll out. If he had a pocket to drop back in maybe he look down field.
Sorry, not buying.
click the pause button at :07

Totally clean pocket, Dak with his feet planted comfortably.

Ferguson is clearly wide open between the hash marks

People miss stuff, I Get that, the game goes fast and even the best miss open guys sometimes.
but this had zero to do with Pressure. Pressure came later.
at :07 Dak has dropped, has a clean pocket and a wide open guy right in the middle of the field.
He blew it on this play. Plain and simple.
Post #18 by @The Natural shows the picture I am talking about clearly. No argument to be had.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
That is not as wide open as you think.

The middle linebacker is baiting that throw and James is coming hard over top.

Not an impossible throw but would need the proper touch/zip to fit in there.
and therein lies the problem.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
IMG-8792.jpg
Ferguson was not Dak's 1st look. It was CeeDee who was further left. By the time Dak tried to follow his progression from CeeDee to Ferguson, Dak had defenders right on top of him. This still pic is very deceitful. Look at the video in regular motion.

Rayman70

Reaction score
You're not wrong. You know me pretty well by now, and know what I meant, I think.

Rayman70

Reaction score
At the 6 second mark, no pressure, Ferguson breaking open.
Herbert as well several times, missed guys. Listen, its unhealthy to expect change at this point. Dak is what he is, a streaky QB that we hope gets hot and hits those easy throws. He's capable. We have seen him do it. Lets try to have a little faith until we see differently. It's a marathon, not a sprint. BTW, his line protecting him is a mess, thus he has little help in the run game either. Its all on him. Defenses make us 1 dimensional and its harder then.

Rayman70

Reaction score
No, the D is why we won the game.
I respectively disagree. Did U not see the broken coverages and free running receivers? We were lucky. We were great against the run. But lacking on the back end. We won the game because Dak did his job well enough and we stopped the run. Couple that with luck that Herbert missed wide open guys. Dak is why we won.That said, I need him to be better when he makes his reads. MG did drop a sure TD and it was a dime by Dak.

Status
Not open for further replies.