Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score

3mrc0t.jpg
https://imgflip.com/memegenerator

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
No some people would rather pay our top 10ish QB who at least gives us a chance than potentially go through 10 more years wasting all of the talent on this roster having absolutely no shot at a championship all while searching for a QB who's even as good as Dak. Dak's a top 10ish QB atm and still has plenty of room to grow. I'd be okay tagging him for one season seeing what MM can do with him but even if he gets paid 33-36m a season I won't be angry. It's what QBs cost now.

I think the playoffs have show us yet again that cheap QBs are a good thing.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
40% of the league has either one or none, so it’s rough sledding for a lot of people. As I always say, if you want to feel better just move the arbitrary cutoff back 10 years.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
how you you leapfrog from divisional round to superbowl then?
How do you leapfrog from the draft to the first round?

It's an arbitrary milestone. If Dallas had been to 10 straight Super Bowls and lost them all,t he graphic would just be Super Bowl winners since the Cowboys last won.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

The graphic emphasizes 2002 realignment as a benchmark but I would suggest a few years after the 1993 CBA ratification--say 1997 or 1998--would have been a better starting point. In my opinion, the salary cap/free agency era that began with that CBA impacted yearly events much more than league realignment.

Reid1boys

Reaction score

62.5% have appeared in 2 or less conference title games. 40% have appeared in 1 or none.There is so much that goes into it and just being good is only part of it.

It is staggering to see the Pats. But when you think of how pathetic that division has been, they have been a 1 or 2 seed almost every year, ensuring a home game against a weak team, they win one game, bam, in AFC title game.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Who gets a lot of INT's? What is a lot? 3 a season?

I'd rather go into a game against the Saints knowing I can put Byron Jones on Michael Thomas and not have to worry about Brees exploiting a bad matchup then some corner who will give up a lot but possibly get 1 of his 3 or 4 INT's on the year.
To me, its insanity Cowboys fans are ok with shelling out big money to Amari Cooper and Dak, letting Byron walk, and then complain about not appearing in a Championship game....

The reason for our lack of playoff success has always been defense but some are ok with letting our best DB go???

CWR

Reaction score
I blame THIS player. Who hasn't produced interceptions for the entire time has been here. After 5 years, he is what he is - not a playmaker.

Three of those years he was also playing out of position. Im not putting it all on coaching, but I cant believe being dead last in TURNOVERs for a decade doesn't have a lot to do with scheme and technique. I think that improves with Nolan, as it has followed him his entire career.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Three of those years he was also playing out of position. Im not putting it all on coaching, but I cant believe being dead last in TURNOVERs for a decade doesn't have a lot to do with scheme and technique. I think that improves with Nolan, as it has followed him his entire career.

I hope the defense starts to get them, but I am against paying huge money to Byron Jones and then hoping he suddenly starts doing things he hasn't done for his entire career. Hope is not a strategy.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
To me, its insanity Cowboys fans are ok with shelling out big money to Amari Cooper and Dak, letting Byron walk, and then complain about not appearing in a Championship game....

The reason for our lack of playoff success has always been defense but some are ok with letting our best DB go???

I've also gotten 0 interceptions over the past two years.

Pay me $15 million a year too.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
62.5% have appeared in 2 or less conference title games. 40% have appeared in 1 or none.There is so much that goes into it and just being good is only part of it.

It is staggering to see the Pats. But when you think of how pathetic that division has been, they have been a 1 or 2 seed almost every year, ensuring a home game against a weak team, they win one game, bam, in AFC title game.

+1......especially the take on the Pats. It's often overlooked when assessing their greatness

pentatwirl

Reaction score
Counterpoint, I don't care about it, because Conference Championship appearances mean absolutely nothing.
Counter-counterpoint, this clearly proves the NFL has been out to get us! The pre- and post-realignment differential is staggering!

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It's more like whatever at this point.

I think we're all used to this.

Some of us would rather see our mediocre QB get top 5 QB money then put our team in the best position to win a championship.

We're out here paying top dollar for a RB and possibly top dollar for an average QB and expecting playoff success...

How much of that did Dak and Zeke contribute, or could it be something else?

Aven8

Reaction score
San Fran has now hit rock bottom twice and still gotten to two SB’s with two totally different staffs. Let that sink in folks...........

Flamma

Reaction score
At one point near the end of the 90's run, the Cowboys had played in 16 of 30 conference championships. It was really cool to be a Cowboys fan back then. Some people may look at losing in the conference finals as meaningless but being the fan of a team that was top 4 most years is a lot of fun.

Yes indeed. Do you remember the three championship games Dallas lost in a row? Disappointing, yes, but the seasons were a lot of fun to watch. It's hard to believe the Cowboys were actually favored to win on the road in all three of those games.

Flamma

Reaction score
They finished 1st in yards and 6th in points.

Offense wasn't this team's biggest problem.

You would think, but they looked like hot garbage against playoff teams or any team with a halfway decent defense. The offense looked over powered and out matched. Something on that side of the ball needs to change.