Twitter: This sounds encouraging

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I'm so pissed I could spit nails. Tom Landry era if a player disrespected the franchise of the coach no other franchise a coach would take that player. No it's not all right for the franchise to screw up either. But I just don't know what happened to those days of integrity can you sign a freaking contract live up to it. Give me a bunch of Bill Bates football players and a great coach and I'll win a championship. Screw these prima donnas. Can't believe all these people that want those high-priced leftover free agents. They want the name they don't want the championship

He's under contract for 2 years with a scheduled $9 mil set to get paid his last year. If I were Jerry, I would let him sit out this year. Fine him for every day he misses until he decides to show up to work this year. If Zeke doesn't like it, start looking for trading partners. Guarantee Zeke won't perform as well running behind a lesser Oline and around lesser talent. Plus, he will not gain the sponsorship or notoriety he currently gets while wearing a star on his helmet. The Joneses can't allow the players to dictate policy so early throughout their contracts. It would set a bad example that would allow others to do the same. The Jones make the rules. It's their business, not the players. If players don't like being forced to honor their contracts until the last year remaining, go play elsewhere. Good luck with that. There are plenty more who would love to wear a star on their helmet. It comes with rules but lots of benefits if you honor your contract(s).

:muttley:

The NFL is making billions, and it's not because of old guys in suits and their privileged children. The players sell the tickets, drive ratings, and make the money happen.

"But they should honor their contracts!"

NFL teams terminate contracts all the time. Not useful for us anymore, into the bin with you. Tough luck, sucker. When Zeke is retired from playing and living with the damage done to his body for the rest of his life, guys like Stephen Jones will still be raking in the cash on the backs of another generation of players. Players are just commodities to owners, and apparently to some fans. How dare those assets behave like individuals looking out for their own self interests. :rolleyes:

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Agree, why wouldn’t every player who is good but feels underpaid just start pulling this? Even with four years left on a contract? The NBA is allowing a similar dangerous precedent with players demanding trades with 2 and more years left on a contract....utter chaos with owners losing control
Zeke needed to keep his nose clean and pull this next year or year after.
Cuz' the compiled aggregate kinda' shows out to prove cost prohibitive to the " hold outs" thru team imposed fines,,,,cheers,here's to the #21 expiring penniless,,,GLUG,GLUG&

GLUG:thumbup:

kskboys

Reaction score

The NFL is making billions, and it's not because of old guys in suits and their privileged children. The players sell the tickets, drive ratings, and make the money happen.

NFL teams terminate contracts all the time. Not useful for us anymore, into the bin with you. Tough luck, sucker. When Zeke is retired from playing and living with the damage done to his body for the rest of his life, guys like Stephen Jones will still be raking in the cash on the backs of another generation of players. Players are just commodities to owners, and apparently to some fans. How dare those assets behave like individuals looking out for their own self interests. :rolleyes:
Well, if EZ gets a huge contract, other players will get less. Not useful to me, screw all of you other players!!!!!!

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

If they don't like it, they can try busting their tails for minimum wage working out on the fields and packing sheds like real men did back in the day and still do.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's only reliable to the public if it's a named source. Without a direct quote from someone directly involved in whatever the article is about then for all the public knows is it could be something made up. You may believe articles with unnamed sources but I don't. To many times unnamed sources have turned out to be someone telling a reporter something that they say was told to them by someone directly involved with the story and what that person told the reporter was either not all true or completely false.

Yes but in this case I believe Jane Slater, she is NOT Ed Werder.

ghst187

Reaction score
there’s literally nothing that the nba can do to prevent players wanting to be traded and letting it be known.
Aside from Kawhi, none have held out or shutdown they just let it be known they wouldn’t sign an extension.

“Owners losing control” is a disgusting perspective.

Puuulease.....don’t even go south like that.....how are they supposed to build a team? Look at OKC, they had built a contender carefully and then one player mid contract blows it all up. The owners have to put a product on the field. How can they do that when the think they have a core player locked up and then they just bolt? They have many many other players and contracts to manage simultaneously.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Don't think so, got that little matter of a neophyte OC that I am sure enters into the thinking for the FO. And the agent's thinking as well.

Please....I'm gonna laugh when Kellen starts putting up 35 pts a game w/ scrubs....and people wonder how he's doing it? It's the system...and a bunch of people are about to be schooled..:rolleyes:

blueblood70

Reaction score
The cowboys should honor their original contract with Hurns I mean after all he did sign a 2 year deal..... err nvm
:hammer:yup its all business all the time and both sides get the shaft one time or another..

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Yes but as I stated before you don't know what's in the contract. For either side. They want to get paid if they're injured. We might have a clause that says we can't read you if you're injured. People are only looking at one side

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

On the opposite side also. It's fans that buy the tickets. Drink the beer pay for TV Revenue. He's just as much our fault

blueblood70

Reaction score
I'm so pissed I could spit nails. Tom Landry era if a player disrespected the franchise of the coach no other franchise a coach would take that player. No it's not all right for the franchise to screw up either. But I just don't know what happened to those days of integrity can you sign a freaking contract live up to it. Give me a bunch of Bill Bates football players and a great coach and I'll win a championship. Screw these prima donnas. Can't believe all these people that want those high-priced leftover free agents. They want the name they don't want the championship

really? you ever watch North Dallas 40? get the F out a here brah , only difference now is 600 media tv stations , SM, camera phones, and bigger money to chase after from fake exes looking get paid and news reporters trying to find anything to start a firestorm..if they followed all those old players around they'd find they all were getting in trouble but no-one cared because it wasn't their main job for most , they worked 2 jobs and it was sport ie paid hobby that was growing into what it was today but this crap happened but noone new about it with players off the field stuff, dudes played drunk, high, and doped up , got in bar fights and applauded for it..there was no big money to argue about..look what happened now though, a bunch claiming the NFL didnt take care of them and have mental/physical issues from Brain trauma and have no money or insurance to pay for it..

times have changed owners are the biggest prima donnas there are trying to pinch every dollar they can from the BILLIONS they are making off the backs of the players and the players want a bigger piece..they cut players with owed money in heart beat, contracts are being broken at record pace and with RBs they smell the roses, they know the game now if you are ELITE you will as for a new deal given performance..Zeke sees how rbs are being treated and wants to get paid in his prime before they use him up and cut him..

whats the issue , is it your money? TV contracts and salary caps rising with gambling revenue coming , its going to get worse, get used to it..

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
really? you ever watch North Dallas 40? get the F out a here brah , only difference now is 600 media tv stations , SM, camera phones, and bigger money to chase after from fake exes looking get paid and news reporters trying to find anything to start a firestorm..if they followed all those old players around they'd find they all were getting in trouble but no-one cared because it wasn't their main job for most , they worked 2 jobs and it was sport ie paid hobby that was growing into what it was today but this crap happened but noone new about it with players off the field stuff, dudes played drunk, high, and doped up , got in bar fights and applauded for it..there was no big money to argue about..look what happened now though, a bunch claiming the NFL didnt take care of them and have mental/physical issues from Brain trauma and have no money or insurance to pay for it..

times have changed owners are the biggest prima donnas there are trying to pinch every dollar they can from the BILLIONS they are making off the backs of the players and the players want a bigger piece..they cut players with owed money in heart beat, contracts are being broken at record pace and with RBs they smell the roses, they know the game now if you are ELITE you will as for a new deal given performance..Zeke sees how rbs are being treated and wants to get paid in his prime before they use him up and cut him..

whats the issue , is it your money? TV contracts and salary caps rising with gambling revenue coming , its going to get worse, get used to it..
The point being, doesn't mean I have to like it.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

I absolutely see both sides of the picture. The bottom line is this at what point do you sacrifice another part of a team for one person player coach. That's what people aren't understanding. There's a balance and if you lose that balance your screwed you're not winning anything

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

I guess I'm not the only one that's pissed. LOL I could argue both sides perfectly. But this article happens to be about the player

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

You seem to be one-sided on this. Go back and read my post I said neither side was right. Did you not comprehend that portion. Bro LOL tunnel vision sometimes. But I'm glad I'm not the only one that's pissed. Keep drinking beer keep paying for the TV Revenue. I love football I don't live without it. I train with an old school 2 time Super Bowl running back. If anybody knows the story hits him. So again the whole freaking thing is broken if you ask me and it starts with the commissioner