This Sums it Up for Me

Chasing6

Reaction score
All in meaning, we are already all in. Just wait for the season to start with a 42 man roster.

JayFord

Reaction score
this offseason is no different than any other offseason

its just the fact they said theyre going all in which was a lie

thats like me saying i'm going all in at the buffet then getting a salad and water and telling you theres different types of all in

LysleE

Reaction score
The Jones’ boys have no clue how to manage their football team. They think their cap issues are due to the fact they have a talented team and not poorly structured, bloated contracts.
Their livelihood is not tied to team performance and results; managing the Cowboys is merely a hobby for them…and it shows.

rambo2

Reaction score
Watching this cluster-cuss of an offseason has been brutal. This is how I feel watching this FO “handle” decisions following the GB dismantling:

chris-farley-chris-farley-car-skit.gif
That's really funny. Especially at 2am.

rambo2

Reaction score
The Jones’ boys have no clue how to manage their football team. They think their cap issues are due to the fact they have a talented team and not poorly structured, bloated contracts.
Their livelihood is not tied to team performance and results; managing the Cowboys is merely a hobby for them…and it shows.
No clue at all. That's why it is the most valuable team in the league.

ArtClink

Reaction score
Why watch? You want them to lose and then call yourself a fan...just what?
I’ve been a fan since 1963 and have barely missed a game over the decades. I know more about Cowboys history than you do and like most longtime fans, it has been a cruel and bitter pill to swallow to watch what Jones has done to this franchise. Why? Because I love the Cowboys.

I don’t know if you can comprehend this concept, but longtime fans are mad at an almost 30 year run of playoff irrelevance. If you can’t understand that then Jerry would appreciate you buying seasons tickets, jerseys, and other SWAG to support his mismanagement of the team. Are you sure you’re a fan?

rambo2

Reaction score
I’ve been a fan since 1963 and have barely missed a game over the decades. I know more about Cowboys history than you do and like most longtime fans, it has been a cruel and bitter pill to swallow to watch what Jones has done to this franchise. Why? Because I love the Cowboys.

I don’t know if you can comprehend this concept, but longtime fans are mad at an almost 30 year run of playoff irrelevance. If you can’t understand that then Jerry would appreciate you buying seasons tickets, jerseys, and other SWAG to support his mismanagement of the team. Are you sure you’re a fan?
It's interesting that you call 12 win seasons a bitter pill to watch.

kskboys

Reaction score
Lol… you know nothing about me, my life, my priorities, my motivations, what I do with my time etc…

Offering me your unsolicited, condescending advice is neither welcome nor warranted lol

Now kindly— go away lol

200w.gif
You actually read that olio? Kudos to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kskboys

Reaction score
Zeke should have been traded.

If GM Jethro understood when to actually negotiate, on time, it would never come to a hold out. Negotiate before the draft. If you can not come to terms trade the player. Very simple philosophy.

GM Jethro philosophy is wait until the last minute to start negotiations.(idiotic). Then he typically has no back up plan and is forced to cave.
What is the highest draft pick Jerry has ever received for a player? After Jimmy, of course.

I don't think I even remember a 3rd coming our way. I do know he turned down a 2nd for both Mike Jenkins and MartyB.

TheCritic

Reaction score
LOL at all of the armchair GMs on this forum. I'm almost glad the off-season went the way it has so far. Glad that let go of a lot of dead weight this off-season. Glad we didn't spend for overpriced FAs past their prime. And even though the Cowboys will overspend on keeping Lamb, Parsons and Dak, I would be thrilled if it didn't happen!

Big_D

Reaction score
LOL at all of the armchair GMs on this forum. I'm almost glad the off-season went the way it has so far. Glad that let go of a lot of dead weight this off-season. Glad we didn't spend for overpriced FAs past their prime. And even though the Cowboys will overspend on keeping Lamb, Parsons and Dak, I would be thrilled if it didn't happen!
The actual GM is complete crap. It's comical that you see something to be glad about. This is a mess created by the GM himself. All that deadweight, that's an ongoing problem. You think they're going to magically fix this and get back to winning? lol Nothing good is happening here.

kskboys

Reaction score
Ok armchair GM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ArtClink

Reaction score
It's interesting that you call 12 win seasons a bitter pill to watch.
It’s interesting that after no nfc championship game appearances in almost three decades, you consider a 12 win season without a 1st round playoff win a “successful“ season. Jerry has lowered the bar for a lot of fans to where you think last season was a success.

I guess I hold my team to higher standards. After all, we used to be the gold standard of NFL franchises but 28 seasons of playoff futility starts to seem “normal”, at least around Dallas. But, please continue supporting Jerry and his “business as usual“ methods by purchasing your season tickets. You are precisely the type of fan he’s counting on.

rambo2

Reaction score
It’s interesting that after no nfc championship game appearances in almost three decades, you consider a 12 win season without a 1st round playoff win a “successful“ season. Jerry has lowered the bar for a lot of fans to where you think last season was a success.

I guess I hold my team to higher standards. After all, we used to be the gold standard of NFL franchises but 28 seasons of playoff futility starts to seem “normal”, at least around Dallas. But, please continue supporting Jerry and his “business as usual“ methods by purchasing your season tickets. You are precisely the type of fan he’s counting on.
Three 12 win seasons in a row is good period. It is historically good. It will be interesting to see how they do this year. Will they do the double digit wins and advance this time?

Chasing6

Reaction score
The actual GM is complete crap. It's comical that you see something to be glad about. This is a mess created by the GM himself. All that deadweight, that's an ongoing problem. You think they're going to magically fix this and get back to winning? lol Nothing good is happening here.
Something has to be going, very strange off season. Maybe for once in Jerry's life he is not tipping his hand this time and we are definitely not used to that.

mahoneybill

Reaction score
We have some of the worst "fans" in the league. You all need to look in the mirror and ask yourself if you really like the Cowboys. Where I'm from if you like a team you don't root for them to fail.
Long time fan from sixties. Landry went through the can’t win big one. But he at least in that drought was progressing.

Current team is a 12 win can’t progress to even sniff big one

Our QB is good regular season but to me pressed in playoffs. Didn’t help tha our D leader blew it and has never won against his former assistants. They know his tendencies and exploit them

mahoneybill

Reaction score
Three 12 win seasons in a row is good period. It is historically good. It will be interesting to see how they do this year. Will they do the double digit wins and advance this time?
10-6. 11-5 test again is playoffs

Perfect position for NFC championship past season and played the worst playoff game of my fandom staring in 60’s

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
The Cowboys won't have the money to pay the bills coming due next year if they purchase the fancy toys you want this year. I don't like it either but at least I understand what's going on and why. The draft will make this offseason look much better so you people stop whining about the Cowboys doing nothing.

LysleE

Reaction score
No clue at all. That's why it is the most valuable team in the league.
I think there is a difference between marketing a team vs managing it; Jerry is a shrewd marketer no doubt, but Dallas has always been one of the most popular teams in the NFL, albeit a bit polarizing; but as a GM managing personnel and roster moves, he not very proficient at all.