This Sums it Up for Me

plymkr

Reaction score
What is the ONLY scenario that has worked out for Jerry?

In 1988 they 3 wins and in 89 they had 1 win. Than the blockbuster trade and a new coach in Jimmy.

Fast forward present to 2025....possible trade of Dak, Parsons or Ceedee for picks , new coach in 2025 AND a potential high draft pick or picks in the 2025 draft.

Any parallels here?
Good point. I’d like to see it. In the 90’s we used those picks to shore up the trenches.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think they honestly believe that what they are doing will “work”. I think they really do believe they are “all in” and that they are the smartest guys in the room.

The whole “we are hanging around the rim” perspective has frozen us into a place of inaction. We think we have a core group of players that can deliver— but we are refusing to commit long money to them bc they continue to crap the bed in Jan.

I think they believe their inaction this offseason is the best course of direction for the franchise— and it is PRECISELY THAT conviction that reveals just how delusional this FO is.
What’s worse is they don’t care if it doesn’t work. It’s like watching a pair of spoiled toddlers play with their toy with no concern about anything but themselves.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
What’s worse is they don’t care if it doesn’t work. It’s like watching a pair of spoiled toddlers play with their toy with no concern about anything but themselves.
Toddlers are duplicitous salesmen in your experience? And sorry the Joneses probably have a quite condescending actual attitude towards fans but "noone but themselves?" Really?

Flamma

Reaction score
Some we trade for players you know like amari Cooper Gilmore hankins and cooks you called them trash?? Lot of free agents that they pick up are not trash they just don't fit the narrative or the self entitled expectations from the fan base and yet it has won us plenty of games of late so you all can completely be jaded but you worry way too much about who's the front office is we're following a team that wears the star there is no control that fans have except for to watch don't watch put the constantly bash your own team and talk negatively and act like this is the worst thing ever to have won 36 games two division titles been to the playoffs three straight years is somehow horrible and somehow you need to be in the shoes of some real teams with real problems...

I get the frustration and not going further in the playoffs but there could be a lot worse scenarios here y'all speak of our team like we win five games every year and we're a bottom feeder that does nothing that would be wrong we do enough to win a lot I mean we beat the team that does so much in the NFL twice for the division the last 3 years.. So stop with the nonsense that everything they do and people they pick up are trash it is not the truth.. And while you say we do nothing we did pick up that linebacker that's not nothing we don't know how we'll fit here but it's definitely not nothing and after the draft they will do the things they always do and I ask you just like I asked Mr. temper tantrum Mr. Hawkeye seems to be all up in his feelings about the front office why are you here if you know this is the same thing that's being done since what did you mention up there ohh 2013??

Why bother discussing this unless you're just trying to annoy real fans by hanging around and just complaining the 24/7 complain fest it's like a bunch of toddlers in here not getting their way things are not on their timeline the players with the names they hope for are not here and they think 12 win seasons and going to the playoffs are bad that perspective is completely twisted....
Yes. They will make an occasional trade. Which makes me wonder even more why they ignore FA. They don't have to get 100 million dollar players in FA. But waiting until after the draft is the extreme as well. Especially if they are willing to acquire decent players through trade.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
To have a playoff game debacle and follow it up with such a lackluster offseason has really demoralized the fan base. Many fans aren’t even looking forward to the draft.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
no that's not what I'm saying but it sure is better than 3-5 and 12 seasons and some of you failed to see that because you had to had to experience it in quite a while... so you can keep saying I'm supporting and loving Jerry, no.. I'm just saying you guys walking over to the edge of a Cliff all the time maybe you need to take a break... maybe you need to move on, you have no choice in the matter this is how it is, you can move on or you keep whining complaining and throwing fits and temper tantrums like a 5-year-old...

So yeah I'll trade 3 5 and 12 seasons for 3-12 and five seasons and three playoff appearances ,& two division titles.. any day of the week you got that??​
it's called perspective,

it could be far worse, they're only two or three teams better than the Dallas Cowboys on a regular basis ,we're a top six team the last three years that's my point... I mean everybody drools over the Philadelphia Eagles we beat them twice for the division the last three years.. so kudos to them for making you feel like that's the way to do things in the off seasons to win the complete the paper off seasons..

you're complaining nothing good has happened since the Green Bay loss even though free agency literally just started for everyone on March 14... So not a lot has happened since March 14th, let's keep that in perspective... you act like it's been a really long time and nothing can happen until after March 14th the actual league year and we have five months to go before season one and we don't know what the conclusion is to that because if you already know it then why are you still here???

So no Jerry Jones doesn't know my support nor does he know your disdain, he doesn't come here, I guarantee he doesn't watch social media he's not on Facebook worried about what you think or what the fan base thinks he's running a $10 billion team that yes has been successful just not as successful as you would hope....

We aren't one of the bottom feeding teams in this league and when you see that there could be a far worse scenario here, maybe you'll be a little bit less grumpy....

ok grumpy bear, you need your binkies?? :facepalm: :muttley: :lmao: :popcorn: :oldcouple:
Appreciate the condescending post where you are whining about me whining lol

For the record— I don’t think I’m whining. I’m pissed. And fans like me have every right to be.

You are of course entitled to your opinion. I am not going anywhere though— why should I? I have loved this team since the early 80’s and it has fallen away from the values that made it great.

However, I am here for the long-haul and will be hoping that even as a broken clock gets it right twice a day, this team might just luck out somehow.

I won’t be crossing my fingers though.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Exactly. Hence the GIF in my original post of Tommy Boy wrecking the model car lol

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
The FO has not shown up for years. The first 4 years Dak made less than 2 million a year. What did they do with the savings. After they paid him his first contract Dak was less than 20 million on the cap per year. What did they do with the savings then. I think they took some talent away from him.
100%

This FO has created this mess, and now they want to blame the players for being greedy.

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
I think Stephen is taking over and there’s a part of me that is growing everyday. That part of me is hoping Dallas goes 0-17 next year and has a couple seasons of 2-3 wins. We need to be in a place that the team is losing nationally televised games and isn’t relevant anymore for change to occur.

I strongly believe Jerry would never give up power as long as he’s alive but there’s a slim chance Stephen might. But he needs to be thoroughly embarrassed over a couple seasons. So even though is would suck it might be the best thing for the franchise’s future.
The problem is that I see nothing from Cap Boy that indicates he even cares about winning.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Watching this cluster-cuss of an offseason has been brutal. This is how I feel watching this FO “handle” decisions following the GB dismantling:

chris-farley-chris-farley-car-skit.gif

Did you watch Tommy boy last night as well? I did lol.

ArtClink

Reaction score
We have some of the worst "fans" in the league. You all need to look in the mirror and ask yourself if you really like the Cowboys. Where I'm from if you like a team you don't root for them to fail.
We are great fans, it’s the owner & GM that is “the worst”. The worst 28 year playoff drought in franchise history which definitely has an impact on the fan base.

Expect a lot more opposing fans in seats in the stands this season. It seems a lot of ticket holders prefer to make a profit (like Jerry) by moving their tickets.

I hope the Texans win the Super Bowl.

kskboys

Reaction score
Fan forums are a big part of the fun of being an NFL fan. CowboysZone.com is fun for Cowboys fans. It is entertaining to read posts and fun to post thoughts and opinions. By the length of your posts you seem to be having more fun than anyone else.
More like, likes to hear himself talk more than anyone else!!!!!

plymkr

Reaction score
The problem is that I see nothing from Cap Boy that indicates he even cares about winning.
I agree. That’s why I’m hoping whatever trigger needs to happen (losing seasons, no nationally televised games, half empty stadium) will happen to make him get serious about putting a championship product on the field.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Agree.

It’s like….”hey sorry, I can’t do anything more about trying to win. I have stars to sign.”

I really don’t get it, but then again I don’t really he does either.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
while it looked like a cluster to start with them literally doing nothing....if they continue to do nothing but focus on the draft and then filling in gaps with whatever FA's are left, refuse to resign dak and don't do any stupid contracts, then they will actually be setting up for 2025....2024 is going to be a mediocre to lost year if they do this but then 2025 should an exciting start to something new.

if that is really whats happening then I am going to be super happy....if they just resign dak and overpay for him, do some dumb deals...basically half in half out, then its going to be 10x worse.
Jipper if they do like you outlined above, then there's hope. That outline would put them on a road to recovery. 2024 would indeed be rough, but ya gotta start somewhere. But if he signs another big pile of money to Dak, that short circuits the whole thing and we're right back in the hole where we started.