This Sums it Up for Me

Buzzbait

Reaction score
100%

This FO has created this mess, and now they want to blame the players for being greedy.
True, and those players are indeed greedy, but the FO was complicit every step of the way! All it took was a threat of Cabo and Jerry came crawling on his knees with money dripping from his hands, along with things like no trade clauses. :mad:
Zeke and Dak had him wrapped around their greedy little fingers.
We had fans screaming Pay the man! Pay the man!
Well he paid em' and now he's still paying for it and he doesn't know how to live it down.
The cap isn't quite as inconsequential as some guys think.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
while it looked like a cluster to start with them literally doing nothing....if they continue to do nothing but focus on the draft and then filling in gaps with whatever FA's are left, refuse to resign dak and don't do any stupid contracts, then they will actually be setting up for 2025....2024 is going to be a mediocre to lost year if they do this but then 2025 should an exciting start to something new.

if that is really whats happening then I am going to be super happy....if they just resign dak and overpay for him, do some dumb deals...basically half in half out, then its going to be 10x worse.
true but sadly they will resign dak for 60 or more then lamb for 30 or more.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Best offseason ever. We have given this clown of a QB everything possible and get zero in return. Time to bite the big $ for a season or two and move on to better days. Micah is probably ecstatic knowing he will soon finally have a chance at winning meaningful games.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
The FO has not shown up for years. The first 4 years Dak made less than 2 million a year. What did they do with the savings. After they paid him his first contract Dak was less than 20 million on the cap per year. What did they do with the savings then. I think they took some talent away from him.

100%

This FO has created this mess, and now they want to blame the players for being greedy.
Yep, Jerry and his contracts based on subjectivity and wanting to be a friend of the stars.....overpaying good players. During the three of Dak's contract: Zeke, Dlaw and Coop have all been allocated top CAP hit for their position.

Im not sure what else we could of done that would of brought in a SB during the years of Dak's 21-23 contract....just look where we'd be now, if we'd traded a 1st RD pick for Henry last year ( a move I supported at the time).

glimmerman

Reaction score
lol I’m I said in another thread, If you remove the playoff game, he had the best season of his career. His first year under MM as his OC. They got off to a slow start but once they got going he was on fire.

Notice how the narrative about him has changed to not whether or not he can win but win in the playoff. So I don't think any fans will deny you can win with him but now the playoff issue will always be there. If we are being honest, we are closer with him, than with not. The problem is it may cost $60M to find out.
It is what it is. Make your QB throw the ball 60 times and see what happens. Make josh allen throw 60 times.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
I said in another thread, If you remove the playoff game, he had the best season of his career. His first year under MM as his OC. They got off to a slow start but once they got going he was on fire.

Notice how the narrative about him has changed to not whether or not he can win but win in the playoff. So I don't think any fans will deny you can win with him but now the playoff issue will always be there. If we are being honest, we are closer with him, than with not. The problem is it may cost $60M to find out.
It'll cost $60m because of the last contract, terms which HE demanded.

He's not being judged on playoff defeats, he's on how he reacts, in-game, to pressure scenario's.
Let's see how he performs against this schedule.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
e's not being judged on playoff defeats, he's on how he reacts, in-game, to pressure scenario's.
So true......some fans seem to forget this. QBs solidify their starting status with regular-season wins that give their team a chance at post-season play. Post-season games/wins sweeten the pot for them. Coaches, GM and owners know the team wins postseason games.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Yes. They will make an occasional trade. Which makes me wonder even more why they ignore FA. They don't have to get 100 million dollar players in FA. But waiting until after the draft is the extreme as well. Especially if they are willing to acquire decent players through trade.
Look, I don't believe it's extreme at all but everyone's entitled to their opinion but I'm really getting worn out by any of the fan base anywhere not just here Facebook ,Twitter, Bleacher Report ,everyone thinks that this is abnormal for the Cowboys and thinks it's not the correct way to run a business but explain to me how anybody that I'm talking about that fits the description of a know it all self-entitled fake GM ,fake billion dollar team running fan base, I mean who here owns a PRO sports franchise? Anyone ever been a major employee a top dog in a professional sports league here like a real one not cornhole bro, not even UFL nonsense, I'm talking about the real stuff..nope

The Internet has ruined fan bases IMHO,

they think they should have their nose in contract negotiations and how to build a team on which players should be brought in and which shouldn't because they played Madden and they played fantasy football and they watch games and listen to what goes on around the league, they think they have a grip, more so than our front office!! :facepalm: :popcorn: :oldcouple:

I don't care how you feel about our front office , they should get credit for putting together three really good years in a row they ended up with 36 wins, two division titles ,three straight playoff appearances, which included a second seed/home game which by the way was an improvement , even though we failed hard, fell on our face in the playoffs, I believe they know how to put a competitive team on the field, the proof is right there...

And before you try to explain to me the 28 years and the nonsense about not getting to an NFC championship game, I GET the frustration,

However, there is no blueprint there aren't teams on a regular basis getting the Super bowls and winning Super Bowls etcetera... yes, there are a few mostly Kansas City and New England the last two decades and by the way show me all what the Kansas city's done so far the last three offseason before and after the draft when it comes to big time free agents and spending a lot of money??

I mean they got rid of Hill replaced them with RBBC and WRBC etc etc and everyone here is upset that the Cowboys have CD lamb on a fifth year option making $17 million and they haven't signed them.. yet there are people here upset about the type of players they're bringing in that are really just camp bodies and all teams are doing this, they're ramping up to about 90 players they are not done we have five months left, they are not done ,it's not extreme, this is kind of what they've done they don't need to bring in the biggest names who make the top money, which by the way a lot of that has been done by Washington and the New York Giants and our own division and it didn't get him anywhere being the highest spenders.. Look up the last five years you'll find out Washington and New York have actually spent more than Philly and for sure more than us and yet somehow when we look up at the division the last three seasons two times it's flipped the spending has been flipped the team us that would be the Dallas Cowboys have won the division twice being the less aggressive team....

And once again, I do understand I want to go further in the playoffs... I want this team to be more successful in the playoffs.. im not happy at all.. I want them to be a little more aggressive bringing over certain players but this is not a reason to be jumping off a Cliff right now, acting like another "historically bad offseason" that's happened when that's been said the last three off seasons and yet we've had success, it may not be what you want or what you feel needs to be done but it is absolutely has been a successful top six team the last three years....​

kskboys

Reaction score
100%

Of course. And the players being greedy is definitely part of the mess!!!!!!!!!!

However, the terrible FO is definitely THE problem.

Does anyone even remember that Jimmy Johnson, before the draft, talked to the players and drafted the players he could sign w/o a huge contract squabble? There's another lesson from Jimmy that Jerry ignores.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Appreciate the condescending post where you are whining about me whining lol

For the record— I don’t think I’m whining. I’m pissed. And fans like me have every right to be.

You are of course entitled to your opinion. I am not going anywhere though— why should I? I have loved this team since the early 80’s and it has fallen away from the values that made it great.

However, I am here for the long-haul and will be hoping that even as a broken clock gets it right twice a day, this team might just luck out somehow.

I won’t be crossing my fingers though.
Like I said you being this ANGRY for this long since the last game... I stand by exactly what I said, I'm not whining, I'm telling you it's unhealthy to follow a team that could control your emotions this easily.... Yeah, that day, during that game t,hings could have been thrown, things could have been broken, maybe all the way through till the Super bowl was played but right now we're in April 2024! ,we're nearly in May and you're still angry,

you need a vacation don't reread everything I said because I'm not gonna say it again I stand exactly by what I said.... It's pointing out that if a fan base is this angry for this long and are this unhappy why are you still bothering posting on a daily basis this is the worst therapy you can ever have you need to see a real therapist and that's coming from a real place this isn't me being sarcastic if fans are this angry for this long this is not disappointment this is unhealthy anger...

The fact that you spend extra time I mean most casual fans they watch the games they're disappointed they move on but you're purposely exposing yourself two more Dallas cowboy news and updates and following them like it's a priority in your daily life, I'm as passionate as you about the Dallas Cowboys but I look at this as a year to year league just like it's a week to week debate on games played and you holding on to this much for this long it's just not healthy and I don't understand why fans come in here and 75% of them are still that angry and just talking down their own team I just don't think it should be your team...

I mean take your time machine back and only follow the 60s through 80s Cowboys so you can be happy but you're not allowed to even hang your hat on the three 90s lombardis because you hate this front office so much that you're not a fan of the Dallas Cowboys anymore you're an old fan now harboring hate and resentment and I'm being honest maybe you shouldn't follow this team anymore or take a very long break from anything extra except for waiting till the season starts and then rewatch the games...

blueblood70

Reaction score
Yes. They will make an occasional trade. Which makes me wonder even more why they ignore FA. They don't have to get 100 million dollar players in FA. But waiting until after the draft is the extreme as well. Especially if they are willing to acquire decent players through trade.
They don't ignore it they just don't do it on your timeline and get the players on your list but the fans are not build teams,

there's not a single person in here that I would take single thread of advice on building a $10 billion professional NFL team because none of you have the resume

, you down the front office who's been doing this a very long time and I get the frustration but you are not professionals, you do not know more you do not have a clue on what goes on there even though you think you do because you play Madden you play fantasy football and you follow this team much more than a casual fan.

I get it because I do too but I wouldn't start trying to tell them how to run a team.. None of you are even on a professional staff nor have ever been, not at a league like the NFL and yet you seem to have advice as if it's coming from a place where you have the resume to state it like it's gospel...its NOT..

I am as let down and disappointed as anyone in here but I'm giving them credit for keeping us relative the fact that we're competing in the playoffs on a regular basis it's saying they at least have a clue on what they're doing in the offseason they just don't do it on how you feel it should be done but I'm still trying to understand how you think you know better... Yes there are teams that are more aggressive but Philadelphia Eagles only still have one Super Bowl in their trophy case I realize that they are competing like the 49ers a little bit farther in the playoffs than we have but they still aren't winning Lombardi Jerry still has three we're waiting on #4 and at least we've had a top six team the last three years and yes again I understand the frustration but fans do not know better I don't understand how I can say that anymore clear your know it all self entitled fans who are ruined by the advent of social media and the Internet... You feel like because you read things and you see things that you can do it better and you think that our front office is full of clowns that are clues and have no idea how to run a team yet they've had one since 1989 and they also have a coaching staff that are more than successful the last 20 plus years in the NFL.. They have the scouts they have the actual GM in will mcclay and and I get we want a lot more but don't act like you know more than any of those guys..

Hey we should do a poll on how many of y'all actually have been on a professional sports team in the big 3 realm you know baseball, football ,basketball how many of you have been on a staff or had an important role on a team on a professional sports team that think they have a resume to question anything that goes on other than pointing out the results yeah we get that there's been 28 years ohh disappointments in the playoffs that doesn't make you a professional it doesn't make you a person that has a right to constantly question what they do until we see the New Year's results that's my point we're talking about the offseason if as if it's finished and 2024 is already over...

And yes I'm venting as well and I don't know anything either but at least I know enough to say I don't know.. I have zero idea how this roster is going to be finished out and how the 2024 season goes that's why I watch if we already knew the ending why even watched the movie?

CowboysRule

Reaction score
We are great fans, it’s the owner & GM that is “the worst”. The worst 28 year playoff drought in franchise history which definitely has an impact on the fan base.

Expect a lot more opposing fans in seats in the stands this season. It seems a lot of ticket holders prefer to make a profit (like Jerry) by moving their tickets.

I hope the Texans win the Super Bowl.
Why watch? You want them to lose and then call yourself a fan...just what?

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Like I said you being this ANGRY for this long since the last game... I stand by exactly what I said, I'm not whining, I'm telling you it's unhealthy to follow a team that could control your emotions this easily.... Yeah, that day, during that game t,hings could have been thrown, things could have been broken, maybe all the way through till the Super bowl was played but right now we're in April 2024! ,we're nearly in May and you're still angry,

you need a vacation don't reread everything I said because I'm not gonna say it again I stand exactly by what I said.... It's pointing out that if a fan base is this angry for this long and are this unhappy why are you still bothering posting on a daily basis this is the worst therapy you can ever have you need to see a real therapist and that's coming from a real place this isn't me being sarcastic if fans are this angry for this long this is not disappointment this is unhealthy anger...

The fact that you spend extra time I mean most casual fans they watch the games they're disappointed they move on but you're purposely exposing yourself two more Dallas cowboy news and updates and following them like it's a priority in your daily life, I'm as passionate as you about the Dallas Cowboys but I look at this as a year to year league just like it's a week to week debate on games played and you holding on to this much for this long it's just not healthy and I don't understand why fans come in here and 75% of them are still that angry and just talking down their own team I just don't think it should be your team...

I mean take your time machine back and only follow the 60s through 80s Cowboys so you can be happy but you're not allowed to even hang your hat on the three 90s lombardis because you hate this front office so much that you're not a fan of the Dallas Cowboys anymore you're an old fan now harboring hate and resentment and I'm being honest maybe you shouldn't follow this team anymore or take a very long break from anything extra except for waiting till the season starts and then rewatch the games...
Lol… you know nothing about me, my life, my priorities, my motivations, what I do with my time etc…

Offering me your unsolicited, condescending advice is neither welcome nor warranted lol

Now kindly— go away lol

200w.gif

blueblood70

Reaction score
Lol… you know nothing about me, my life, my priorities, my motivations, what I do with my time etc…

Offering me your unsolicited, condescending advice is neither welcome nor warranted lol

Now kindly— go away lol

200w.gif
actually I do know how can I not know literally you're just saying how angry and pissedoff you are and we're talking about a sports team here affecting you that deep this long after the last game!!

so yeah I know because you allowed me to know, that's my point, and thank you for making my point.... That's right I'm salty and I'm coming at people today and I'll probably end up getting benched.. Worth it lol

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
actually I do know how can I not know literally you're just saying how angry and pissedoff you are and we're talking about a sports team here affecting you that deep this long after the last game!!

so yeah I know because you allowed me to know, that's my point, and thank you for making my point.... That's right I'm salty and I'm coming at people today and I'll probably end up getting benched.. Worth it lol
It’s called perspective. And common sense. And the ability to apply some basic human communication.

Somehow, in your world, me saying I’m pissed off about how this team is being run in some crazy way means this team is “controlling my emotions”?! Lol

While your “concern” is noted— It might come as a surprise to you that adult human beings can have strong opinions about any number of wide-ranging topics, and go to work, have families, and live their lives lol

now for real— shove off mate— this discussion is wearying lol

200w.gif

Chasing6

Reaction score
True, and those players are indeed greedy, but the FO was complicit every step of the way! All it took was a threat of Cabo and Jerry came crawling on his knees with money dripping from his hands, along with things like no trade clauses. :mad:
Zeke and Dak had him wrapped around their greedy little fingers.
We had fans screaming Pay the man! Pay the man!
Well he paid em' and now he's still paying for it and he doesn't know how to live it down.
The cap isn't quite as inconsequential as some guys think.
Zeke should have been traded.

If GM Jethro understood when to actually negotiate, on time, it would never come to a hold out. Negotiate before the draft. If you can not come to terms trade the player. Very simple philosophy.

GM Jethro philosophy is wait until the last minute to start negotiations.(idiotic). Then he typically has no back up plan and is forced to cave.

blueblood70

Reaction score
It’s called perspective. And common sense. And the ability to apply some basic human communication.

Somehow, in your world, me saying I’m pissed off about how this team is being run in some crazy way means this team is “controlling my emotions”?! Lol

While your “concern” is noted— It might come as a surprise to you that adult human beings can have strong opinions about any number of wide-ranging topics, and go to work, have families, and live their lives lol

now for real— shove off mate— this discussion is wearying lol

200w.gif
blah blah blah=meh

Whyjerry

Reaction score
When the Ancient Greeks, Ottomans, and the Han Dynasty Chinese said “all in” they meant do nothing but obfuscate. Jerry is a classical genius. You just aren’t getting it.