This team is Soft? Lacks Heart?

Bizwah

Reaction score
The defense played well...but it was Washington.

This is a team that's struggled offensively lately. They were nearly blanked vs Pitt....Cleveland had them shut down for a bit....

It's a promising win....but like many have said. I can remember well the past few seasons. Last year notwithstanding, we'll have a HUGE win follwed by a stinker.

Next week is our biggest game of the year. We have to keep looking at it that way.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
ajk23az;2423794 said:
When your back are against the wall, you fight hard.

Yeah, and they need to do that every game here onwards. It almost seems like they need to win 11 to make playoffs. So very little margin of error.

Ren

Reaction score
They played hard today but it was a close game i wanna see them not quit when things start going against them before i start praising them for their hart

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
That's fair.

I'm just glad to see them turn it on and step up in the 4th and get the win. Big difference between this and what we did the first meeting against them and AZ.

But at least now they've given themselves a chance the rest of the season. Just have to get by the next two weeks and see what we have come December.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
windward;2423778 said:
Losing to the Giants had nothing to do with lacking any type of intangibles, it had everything to do with costly turnovers and idiocy at the QB position.

ok, we laid an egg

can I have a stretch of good play define the Cowboy's heart?

DR.WARE

Reaction score
lacking heart? give me a break everyone was jumping up and down when they got that last first down. This team wanted to win and they showed it.

ZB9

Reaction score
they damn sure werent soft tonight. That is for sure.

Hopefully, the team that showed up against the Giants is done and they will be the Cowboys we saw tonight.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
RCowboyFan;2423772 said:
Exactly why I said don't overreact. Nope, don't feel foolish at all. Its the overreaction are us, like you, who will look foolish if you keep reacting to every win. I didn't do that post because of Giants loss. I posted that after watching the team since last Skins game.

Again, enjoy the win. I did. Wish they play every game like this. Thats the point. If they play every game, with the same intensity here on out, then yeah, they will prove doubters like me wrong.
If this team lacked heart they wouldn't have pulled out this game.

Don't react after a game? what the hell does that mean?

I'm not saying we're super-bowl bound or anything, just that those who acused this team of being gutless and wilts in the face of adversity EVERY TIME were proven wrong.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
They had players come back from injury, that's a high.
Let's see what they do when that settles in.
I have been whining for weeks, I do like what I watched tonight.
I'm still not convinced that it will last.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
windward;2423744 said:
Tampa Philly and Green Bay, playoff contenders all.

St. Louis and New York.

One sucks and the other is the defending champs. Both blew Dallas out.

Besides. Heart isn't measured in scores.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
windward;2423846 said:

I'm not saying we're super-bowl bound or anything, just that those who acused this team of being gutless and wilts in the face of adversity EVERY TIME were proven wrong.

So you're basically just thumping your chest and pointing your finger?

Congratulations.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Bach;2423825 said:
That's fair.

I'm just glad to see them turn it on and step up in the 4th and get the win. Big difference between this and what we did the first meeting against them and AZ.

But at least now they've given themselves a chance the rest of the season. Just have to get by the next two weeks and see what we have come December.
If we beat the Niners and Seahawks, that puts us in a good position going into December.

With games vs Pittsburgh, Gints Ravens and Eagles, we'll need it

I'd imagine the experience from this game will help us going forward.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
windward;2423846 said:

Go to a mirror. See something? Thats it.

I said Overreact, not react. Reading is not an art....

Eskimo

Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2423743 said:
we always cowboyup, and then get knocked right back down the next week

I remember beating all these good teams in '06, and then we would lose to bad ones

we had a statement game against TB, and lay an egg against New York

We had no shot against NY with BJ at QB. I think we were beat that day before the opening KO. Having Romo back gave us confidence that we were sorely lacking.

superpunk

Reaction score
They definitely showed alot of heart tonight. No reason to knock that.

JakeCamp12

Reaction score
Let's see them get that type of intensity for next week, then the week after and then for Pittsburgh...that shows heart to get up week after week knowing a loss can knock your playoff hopes out....

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Rack;2423859 said:
So you're basically just thumping your chest and pointing your finger?

Congratulations.
Nope, just happy we won.

But you seem a little defensive, no?

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Eskimo;2423877 said:
We had no shot against NY with BJ at QB. I think we were beat that day before the opening KO. Having Romo back gave us confidence that we were sorely lacking.

the whole team still played like ****