This team is Soft? Lacks Heart?

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
jterrell;2424295 said:
Not suggesting you trust them or saying they are all heart.
Again it's basic logic that they have displayed "some" heart.

If an absolute argument was made that they "had no heart" then they have two tough wins to their credit against wildcard chase teams to suggest they do.

Tampa and the Giants are different teams and BJ/scrub 3rd dude made a ton of mistakes against the Giants. The Giants just controlled the clock the entire game and beat us up. We couldn't get first downs so got rode into the ground.

The NFL is still about personnel 9 times out of 10. How exactly we were supposed to win against the Giants with the personnel we had on the field is beyond me.

not win, just not look that bad

we beat Tampa, we should have looked better than we did against the Gmen

call it having no heart, no focus, whatever...

this thread was nothing but trouble and you know it, and believe me, I know a little thing or 2 about starting trouble lol

Reaction score
Calm down everyone, we need to see a three or four game stretch like this. This is a great start though..

utrunner07

Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;2424339 said:
Calm down everyone, we need to see a three or four game stretch like this. This is a great start though..

agreed, we win the next four and i'll be believing again. until then ive had my hopes up too much with this team.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2424312 said:
not win, just not look that bad

we beat Tampa, we should have looked better than we did against the Gmen

call it having no heart, no focus, whatever...

this thread was nothing but trouble and you know it, and believe me, I know a little thing or 2 about starting trouble lol
I was pretty pumped after the win, and now coming off that testosterone high, I can see how my comments may have been construed as aggressive. But I insist the intent was celebratory

I am aware if we go out and lay an egg at home against San Fran then this game was for naught.

All in all today's game was a good win and put us in good position going forward.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
windward;2424373 said:
I was pretty pumped after the win, and now coming off that testosterone high, I can see how my comments may have been construed as aggressive. But I insist the intent was celebratory

I am aware if we go out and lay an egg at home against San Fran then this game was for naught.

All in all today's game was a good win and put us in good position going forward.

I like you windward, so if you say it was a celebratory message, than I believe that that's what the intent was

the last sentence is the trooth

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
One win and Wade and company are suddenly vindicated/redeemed? Yikes. Nice win, and we can worry about style points later, but let's try to keep things in perspective--for a change.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2424423 said:
I like you windward, so if you say it was a celebratory message, than I believe that that's what the intent was

the last sentence is the trooth
The last drive was such a thing of beauty it pushed me a little over the edge.

I'm sure you were pumped when we converted that 4th and 2.;)

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Enjoy the win, guys. It could be a lot worse. The problem with this forum is that you can't tell whether the Cowboys won or lost based on the postings.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
windward;2424466 said:
The last drive was such a thing of beauty it pushed me a little over the edge.

I'm sure you were pumped when we converted that 4th and 2.;)

I was pumped when Wade sent a blitz w/ the corners in man on that 4th and 4

I was pumped the entire 2nd half, but I had major jitters during the 1st half up until that TD

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
bbgun;2424439 said:
One win and Wade and company are suddenly vindicated/redeemed? Yikes. Nice win, and we can worry about style points later, but let's try to keep things in perspective--for a change.
Wade redeemed? I doubt it. He's a goner unless we make a run, whgich is very much in question at this point.

I am happy for the team's response to adversity, especially after the Skins came out and punched us in the mouth in the first drive.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
I was pumped watching Fred Smoot shut the hell up, he's always gawking and strutting about

but not the 2nd half, and esp. not in the 4th quarter

that ****ing anal *****

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
jterrell;2424157 said:
Dude you are never going to win an argument with folks whose main task in life is to argue on message boards, just let it go.

Uh, Dude, you replied to a guy who started a thread for the sole purpose of starting an argument.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Rack;2424516 said:
Uh, Dude, you replied to a guy who started a thread for the sole purpose of starting an argument.
Not really my intent, but read into it what you want.

punchnjudy

Reaction score
They weren't soft tonight and they didn't quit...but they weren't exactly focused for the whole game either. The stupid penalties during the first three quarters almost killed them. I'm glad they showed resiliency, but they still shot themselves in the foot many times.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
windward;2424495 said:
Wade redeemed? I doubt it. He's a goner unless we make a run, whgich is very much in question at this point.

I am happy for the team's response to adversity, especially after the Skins came out and punched us in the mouth in the first drive.

The thread title threw me off. Certain players have been accused of being soft (Carpenter, Jenkins' non-tackle in NY, etc) but not the team as a whole. Or maybe you were referring to Wade's demeanor. If anything, they're accused of being stupid (numerous, self-destructive penalties).

jrumann59

Reaction score
I won't wade thru 7 pages and see if its been posted yet. If a team needs an external form of motivation to get up for these NFC east games then is soft. Also I would like to say I have guarded optimism because this was a rivalry week. This team seems to play down to its opponents, now if they go out and put a beat down on SF and Seattle I will be much happier because the road is long and it isn't easy we still have Pitt, NYG, Phi, Balt on the schedule and 3 of those 4 are not gimmes

TEUFELI

Reaction score
windward;2423664 said:
Bull crap.

Teams that are soft and lack heart do not win these type of games.

Hey, it was an awesome win, an I couldnt be happier. But this team is soft, and they do lack that "edge" or "heart" or whatever you wanna call it. We did win tonight, and again, the urgency WAS there, but the deep seeded issues are still there, and they will rear their ugly head again this season. U just wait and watch.

Undisputed

Reaction score
I don't think we lack heart. I think we lack discipline. Sometimes our talent overcomes it, and sometimes it doesn't. It certainly did tonight. And after the last few weeks, I'll settle for that. Good win.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
bbgun;2424659 said:
The thread title threw me off. Certain players have been accused of being soft (Carpenter, Jenkins' non-tackle in NY, etc) but not the team as a whole. Or maybe you were referring to Wade's demeanor. If anything, they're accused of being stupid (numerous, self-destructive penalties).
I'll be the first to admit I was flying from the cuff aftr the win. I was pumped up and my intentions could have been easily misinterpreted.

But one thing that stood out to me was some saying how our team would fold once it faces adversity.

Our response after Washington took a 7-0 lead early is a nice first step to rectify that perception.