This team is Soft? Lacks Heart?

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
windward;2424057 said:
Nope. I'm not overreacting at all. Saying we had no heart etc... halfway through the year is overreacting.

Saying that we do not not have heart etc... before the story of this season is fully written appears to be the epitome of non-overreaction.

you're also saying that this disproves the theory that the Cowboys have no heart

as rack said, and which i hate to agree w/, it's a 2-way street

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
I'm sorry we won a tough game on the road and had the temerity to extol the virtues of the team's effort today.

THAT
was the intent of the thread.

Apparently some are more interested in tearing down the team and posters that support them.

Again, my bad.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
windward;2424057 said:
Nope. I'm not overreacting at all. Saying we had no heart etc... halfway through the year is overreacting.

Saying that we do not not have heart etc... before the story of this season is fully written appears to be the epitome of non-overreaction.

:lmao2:

ladiewolve

Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2424050 said:
Romo - cast on pinkie

no Felix
No kidding and don't forget Witten's broken rib. You could tell Romo wasn't 100 percent....but he was still a play maker tonight and tons better than BJ.

BIGDen

Dr. Freakasaurus
Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing about lacking heart. They showed it against tampa, they showed in their other wins this year and they certainly showed it, on the road against a good division opponent tonight. Winning does magical things. Ask Eli. He was considered soft, with no leadership ability or emotion as he led the league in turnovers last year. The D steps up, he plays ok and catches a couple of breaks and he's God. The media and fans all tend to overreact and overstate crap. I listened to Dilfer after the game and he was flawless. Good, solid, football commentary. It was really refreshing.
Oh, and uhh...HOW BOUT DEM COWBOYS BABY?!!!!!!! God that felt good tonight...

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
windward;2424057 said:

Dude you are never going to win an argument with folks whose main task in life is to argue on message boards, just let it go.

As a Cowboy fan anyone with sense is with you in that calling this team heartless with 3 or 4 of the best 10 players seriously injured was just short of yellow bus level thinking. And while this team's play while hurt was hard to watch and frustrating for all, you are expecting the miracle of all miracles to happen and people to say they were wrong. So just enjoy the win and hopefully the next two weeks.

Everlastingxxx

All Star
Reaction score
Great to see these guys play like this. Thats the Cowboys i have been expecting this season. Newman, damn he was great. Romo was in control. And Mr Barber, you proved you are the all down back. And #80! Very happy tonight.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
jterrell;2424157 said:
Dude you are never going to win an argument with folks whose main task in life is to argue on message boards, just let it go.

As a Cowboy fan anyone with sense is with you in that calling this team heartless with 3 or 4 of the best 10 players seriously injured was just short of yellow bus level thinking. And while this team's play while hurt was hard to watch and frustrating for all, you are expecting the miracle of all miracles to happen and people to say they were wrong. So just enjoy the win and hopefully the next two weeks.

this whole thread sucks all the way around, he was looking for a fight, and got one

don't play the martyr

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2424071 said:
you're also saying that this disproves the theory that the Cowboys have no heart

It does disprove the theory. We exhibited a lot of intangible qualities today that people said we just don't have.

These intangibles are not a zero-sum type of concept. I'd argue it exists on varying levels.

We have some heart. Whether it's enough in the long run will be found out soon enough.

It's amazing that people are actually arguing that even when there is strong evidence that a team can respond to adversity, people are atill claiming it's up in the air if we can respond to said adversity.

Sorry if you can't understand this.

utrunner07

Reaction score
jterrell;2424157 said:

Hey Genius and Windward...

did this team play with heart against Arizona?
did this team play with heart against Cinnci?
did this team play with heart against Washington?

and you know what...the Pats have played with heart every single game they have played and they have had just about the same level of injuries we have had.

so...

did we play with heart against St. Louis?

did we play with heart against Tampa and NY? ( Actually in these two cases I think we did)

Does this team have heart? Who knows. but saying they have heart because of the way they played tonight is the exact, EXACT same thing as saying they have no heart because of the way they played in Arizona, Washington, etc. etc. etc.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
jterrell;2424157 said:

Yeah, you're right.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2424192 said:
this whole thread sucks all the way around, he was looking for a fight, and got one

don't play the martyr
Looking for a fight?

The intent of this thread was celebratory.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2424071 said:

Actually logic is on his side.

The team playing with any heart at all which I'd say the Tampa win and this win display would mean is has SOME heart.

He isn't trying to prove they are amazingly full of heart or the most hardcore team ever merely that they have "some" heart and are not cotton candy soft.

So deductively he is 100% correct.

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
Its only one game dude.

Ive seen far more of this group of players spreading them wide, than I have seen them step up and play well at clutch time.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
windward;2424214 said:
Looking for a fight?

The intent of this thread was celebratory.

the "oh yeah!" rhetoric kind of taints it

jterrell;2424221 said:
Actually logic is on his side.

The team playing with any heart at all which I'd say the Tampa win and this win display would mean is has SOME heart.

He isn't trying to prove they are amazingly full of heart or the most hardcore team ever merely that they have "some" heart and are not cotton candy soft.

So deductively he is 100% correct.

then how come they laid down against the Gmen w/ the same team that they showed heart w/ against the Bucs?

I'm sorry dude, this team's recent history will never let me trust them after just 1 game

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
utrunner07;2424204 said:
Hey Genius and Windward...

did this team play with heart against Arizona?
did this team play with heart against Cinnci?
did this team play with heart against Washington?

and you know what...the Pats have played with heart every single game they have played and they have had just about the same level of injuries we have had.

so...

did we play with heart against St. Louis?

did we play with heart against Tampa and NY? ( Actually in these two cases I think we did)

Does this team have heart? Who knows. but saying they have heart because of the way they played tonight is the exact, EXACT same thing as saying they have no heart because of the way they played in Arizona, Washington, etc. etc. etc.
ROFL.

No one in this thread claimed this team played with heart every week.
That claim was never made.

FWIW Cincy has had a lot of close games including to the Giants who must have been heartless that day right?

The Pats play in the weak AFC and again there was not any argument this team had any more heart than the Pats.

What qualifies as foolish is arguing against points that have never been made.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
JustSayNotoTO;2424248 said:
Its only one game dude.

Ive seen far more of this group of players spreading them wide, than I have seen them step up and play well at clutch time.
Just saying they don't have "no heart"

Today proves there's at least a pulse.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
jterrell;2424264 said:
ROFL.

No one in this thread claimed this team played with heart every week.
That claim was never made.

FWIW Cincy has had a lot of close games including to the Giants who must have been heartless that day right?

The Pats play in the weak AFC and again there was not any argument this team had any more heart than the Pats.

What qualifies as foolish is arguing against points that have never been made.
I'd also add that the Patriots have been blown out by the Dolphins and the inconsistent Chargers.

We were blown out by the woeful Rams and the 9-1 defending champs.

Seems like it balances out to me.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2424257 said:
the "oh yeah!" rhetoric kind of taints it

then how come they laid down against the Gmen w/ the same team that they showed heart w/ against the Bucs?

I'm sorry dude, this team's recent history will never let me trust them after just 1 game

Not suggesting you trust them or saying they are all heart.
Again it's basic logic that they have displayed "some" heart.

If an absolute argument was made that they "had no heart" then they have two tough wins to their credit against wildcard chase teams to suggest they do.

Tampa and the Giants are different teams and BJ/scrub 3rd dude made a ton of mistakes against the Giants. The Giants just controlled the clock the entire game and beat us up. We couldn't get first downs so got rode into the ground.

The NFL is still about personnel 9 times out of 10. How exactly we were supposed to win against the Giants with the personnel we had on the field is beyond me.