This wasn't a bad game for Dak

Cowboys22

Reaction score
This is just Dak. This is what he is. Now deep into his 3rd year, it is likely what he will be, with some variation +/-.

Dak is not a QB who is going to throw for 400+ every week. That was a statistical anomaly. A total outlier when you look at the body of his work.

So no, this was not a bad game from Dak. It was just a regression to his mean coming off a big week last week.

I agree. A couple of key drops and a defense that is struggling and this is what Sunday looks like with Dak at QB. The defense has been carrying the team but couldn’t today. Dak is just totally incapable of overcoming any adversity. He needs everyone else to be perfect to overcome his shortcomings and mistakes. Offense needs a total overhaul. A new OC that runs a totally different scheme than Garrett’s and a new QB that he has faith in and doesn’t have to protect with simplistic play designs and conservative play calling. If they pay Dak, they are dumber than I ever thought.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
This is just Dak. This is what he is. Now deep into his 3rd year, it is likely what he will be, with some variation +/-.

Dak is not a QB who is going to throw for 400+ every week. That was a statistical anomaly. A total outlier when you look at the body of his work.

So no, this was not a bad game from Dak. It was just a regression to his mean coming off a big week last week.
I actually agree with you. It wasnt a bad game for DAK... and was close to his avg game... maybe slighty below, but for HIM, it was close to normal.

Now compared to the better QBs... this was a very bad game.
I am going to judge Dak based upon one thing from here on, and that is how many points we score. Thats it.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
We really can’t criticize Dak in this loss. Just think how bad it woulda been if he wasn’t clutch.
:thumbup:
Clutch only matters if the score is within reach at the end of the game. If you're out of it by the start of the 4th clutch is useless.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I actually agree with you. It wasnt a bad game for DAK... and was close to his avg game... maybe slighty below, but for HIM, it was close to normal.

Now compared to the better QBs... this was a very bad game.
I am going to judge Dak based upon one thing from here on, and that is how many points we score. Thats it.
I guess you can argue that...but its back to what I argued before..... Zeke, less than a 100 we are now 1-5. this offense runs through zeke.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score

Why dont you start a thread about our non existent pass rush and run d too. How were they today?

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It's really Cooper's fault for not breaking tackles and running for 4 - 50 yards TDs!

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Agreed.

Folks keep trying to bring up the fact he’s in his third year.

Precisely.

He’s in his third year and he’s got fundamental issues with the primary function of being a QB. Throwing the ball.

And Romo was throwing a ton of ints his 1st 3 years too.

GenoT

Reaction score
Clutch only matters if the score is within reach at the end of the game. If you're out of it by the start of the 4th clutch is useless.
Clutch is scoring enough points for your team to win, no matter when you score ‘em.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
I tried pointing that out last week but I was just being a negative Dak hater.

Seriously. The guy basically played 18 minutes of good football against what amounted to the Eagles practice squad secondary, and half the people on this forum were ready to fit him for a gold jacket

And like you said if you dared to point that out, you were called everything under the sun

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Guess It helps padding the stats when you play the Eagles 4th,5th,6th string Corner with a 3rd string safety.

Or w Dak padding w a bad TSmith at lt, and no Frederick all year, or ZMartin late in that game. But Philly gets a pass for their injuries.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Or w Dak padding w a bad TSmith at lt, and no Frederick all year, or ZMartin late in that game. But Philly gets a pass for their injuries.

As soon as you can explain to me how Travis Frederick injury is responsible for Dak repeatedly overthrowing wide open receivers, or being consistently late with his reads, then maybe I'll listen to this argument

fact is Prescott had pocket awareness, footwork, and accuracy issues long before Martin and Frederick were injured. This is nothing new, for those who have been paying attention

Southern0005

Reaction score
Guess It helps padding the stats when you play the Eagles 4th,5th,6th string Corner with a 3rd string safety.
Big difference in bad play from an oline man ..and online injury than a whole secondary being gone plus the back ups to the back ups out too.

Cmac

Reaction score
JJ will say this was like the Rams vs Bears.....since he thinks his team is like the Rams.