Thoughts about Zeke today?

DanTanna

Original Zone Member
Reaction score
Zeke has totally forgotten how to stiff arm, hurdle or use a spin move. His only “move” is to run to the defender and try to run over him, or run out of bounds like he did today. We need more.

kskboys

Reaction score
Best game for Zeke in a long time. He actually showed some speed.

The question is simple. Can he do this each week?
Maybe he's just now starting to feel like himself after catching "the disease"? It hit him pretty hard, from what I remember, and recovery might have simply taken a bit.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Sorry, I like Zeke but he didn't outplay Pollard

Ummm.. more yards on fewer carries.. more TDs.. higher YPC.. What am I missing that would lead you to say this? Zeke had the better game.. It's okay dude.. There will be other games where Pollard has the better game.. Then there will be games when they both ball out.. As long as the Cowboys win either way works for me.

kskboys

Reaction score
Nah we can't say that, Pollard had 18 carries and Zeke had 16. I still think going forward Pollard will be more effective than Zeke, but today he wasn't
Manalive, if someone thinks Polly was better today, they have some serious issues. LIke Ronnie, I like both RB's. And both are needed. Z was stellar today, Polly was very good. Excellent performance by both.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Nah we can't say that, Pollard had 18 carries and Zeke had 16. I still think going forward Pollard will be more effective than Zeke, but today he wasn't

As I have said many times.. In games where the d-line wins a lot I expect Zeke to be the more effective back. He's much better at fighting off a guy in the backfield and falling forward for positive yards. Most of the time if Pollard meets a d-lineman in the backfield that play is over. No so for Zeke.. In games where there are bigger holes I expect Pollard to shine. His superior speed and acceleration will allow him to exploit the holes for bigger gains. Again it underscores why it's great that we have them both.

kskboys

Reaction score
As I have said many times.. In games where the d-line wins a lot I expect Zeke to be the more effective back. He's much better at fighting off a guy in the backfield and falling forward for positive yards. Most of the time if Pollard meets a d-lineman in the backfield that play is over. No so for Zeke.. In games where there are bigger holes I expect Pollard to shine. His superior speed and acceleration will allow him to exploit the holes for bigger gains. Again it underscores why it's great that we have them both.
Z needs a speed back to side him, and Polly needs a power back to side him. I cannot fathom why some are trying so hard to polarize this, it's just so simple.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I have to take a moment to tip the cap to this coaching staff. For all the talk on this board and by the mediots about how they are being "made to play Zeke over Pollard by Jerry" they clearly have done nothing of the kind. In games where Pollard has balled out he has gotten totes. When Zeke was out he proved he could handle the load for a couple of games with no ill effects.. His reward has been to continue to be given opportunities. The other thing that stood out for me with him today was on at least two occasions his blitz pickup allowed Dak to get the ball out. Now he did it by going low while Zeke tends to take the blitzer's head off but either way works.. Kudos to TP for working to close any remaining holes in his game.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
My thoughts are he’s not worthless, but he’s no longer a bell cow. He and Pollard should be dang near 50/50 split in carries and opportunities and if one gets hot, you ride them.