Thoughts about Zeke today?

kskboys

Reaction score
Uhh so you're saying there wasn't mild of symptoms of this? There were plenty of people who had mild symptoms and maybe Zeke didn't look the same because of lack of opportunities, Dallas didn't run much that season, with Dak out we had to play catch up
And there are plenty of people who had mild symptoms followed by lung issues.

jwitten82

Reaction score
And there are plenty of people who had mild symptoms followed by lung issues.
Look lol I never said that it wasn't bad for some people, I just think it's a poor excuse for using it for Zeke. You said that "maybe he's feeling himself", you do know this isn't Zeke's first good game right? He's had multiple good games this season and last season. Matter of fact, this game was good but nothing special

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I never said he didn't have good games
No but you intimated that he was somehow playing better after setting out whatever the reason. I merely pointed out that these last two games are consistent with what we saw from him in the games leading up to his injury. Nothing has changed.

jwitten82

Reaction score
No but you intimated that he was somehow playing better after setting out whatever the reason. I merely pointed out that these last two games are consistent with what we saw from him in the games leading up to his injury. Nothing has changed.
A game like Zeke had to day isn't the Zeke we normally see, so no it's not really consistent

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
As I have said many times.. In games where the d-line wins a lot I expect Zeke to be the more effective back. He's much better at fighting off a guy in the backfield and falling forward for positive yards. Most of the time if Pollard meets a d-lineman in the backfield that play is over. No so for Zeke.. In games where there are bigger holes I expect Pollard to shine. His superior speed and acceleration will allow him to exploit the holes for bigger gains. Again it underscores why it's great that we have them both.

Once again this is Ronald treating his feelings as “facts.”

Yards After Contact
3.1 - Pollard
1.6 - Zeke

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Zeke played great today. Perfect complimentary backfield— one of the top RB tandems in the NFL.

Will be very interesting to see what happens when Tyron comes back at LT and Smith is at LG. We very well may have the best run blocking OL in the league at that point.

This team still hasn’t peaked yet. Things are setting up very nicely for the final stretch— and while winning the division would be great— I like this team chasing the rabbit and proving the haters wrong.

Reactions: BAT

Irv88

Reaction score
Zeke is a beast. Yes, the breakaway speed is gone, he he has everything else. If he did not have that contract, everyone would be in his corner.

Glas to have him and Pollard.

Reactions: BAT

starfan1

Reaction score
Didn't look washed up today. Definitely outplayed Pollard today
I think they both looked damn good. We are best when we have both of them at our disposal and healthy

one or both will he gone next year I believe so let’s get it done this year

RonnieT24

Reaction score
The Offensive Line are starting to come into their own . the running lanes are expanding

They have blocked well in the run game most of the year except for a few poorly schemed plays. The one where they don't block the backside end just drives me nuts. These are NFL players.. Some of whom run sub 4.5 .. You really think they can't run down a delay handoff just because you run it to the other side like 10-15 feet away? Especially when they are unblocked and can literally stand there and watch you hand the ball off.. and then go get the back in the backfield.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ummm.. more yards on fewer carries.. more TDs.. higher YPC.. What am I missing that would lead you to say this? Zeke had the better game.. It's okay dude.. There will be other games where Pollard has the better game.. Then there will be games when they both ball out.. As long as the Cowboys win either way works for me.
I thought they both played well. I admit I was shooting from the hip. I'm a fan of both players and feel both are necessary ingredients for a SB run.

tunahelper

Reaction score
He looked better. A little bit quicker than he has looked but the big thing was the decisiveness. He looked like he was running much more downhill. I thought this was his best game since the first half of last season.

For the Zeke fans who are going to get excited about this and try to rub it in the faces of those who like Pollard, imagine watching this in reverse where Zeke was outplaying Pollard like today week after week but Pollard kept getting the start and more carries. Would be kind of frustrating.

Regardless, I kind of wonder if Pollard's success is actually rubbing off or pushing Zeke. Like I said, Zeke was running hard today in a way I haven't seen in a while.
It is a positive that Pollard is pushing Zek. That I'd healthy for a team, as long as, the team concept is first. It does seem as if everyone is on board, so it's fun to watch.