Thoughts about Zeke today?

jwitten82

Reaction score
Maybe he's just now starting to feel like himself after catching "the disease"? It hit him pretty hard, from what I remember, and recovery might have simply taken a bit.
Lol he had mild symptoms, he was never hospitalized. Maybe, just maybe his injuries have gotten a little better

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Z needs a speed back to side him, and Polly needs a power back to side him. I cannot fathom why some are trying so hard to polarize this, it's just so simple.

Like I said in one of those idiotic polarize threads.. controversy sells.. the Cowboys sell.. Controversy married with the Cowboys is like printing money for the mediots.

Reactions: BAT

jwitten82

Reaction score
I have to take a moment to tip the cap to this coaching staff. For all the talk on this board and by the mediots about how they are being "made to play Zeke over Pollard by Jerry" they clearly have done nothing of the kind. In games where Pollard has balled out he has gotten totes. When Zeke was out he proved he could handle the load for a couple of games with no ill effects.. His reward has been to continue to be given opportunities. The other thing that stood out for me with him today was on at least two occasions his blitz pickup allowed Dak to get the ball out. Now he did it by going low while Zeke tends to take the blitzer's head off but either way works.. Kudos to TP for working to close any remaining holes in his game.
Run blocking wasn't an issue today. Maybe the Giants played the run more when Pollard was in,Maybe later in the week we can find if Pollard faces more stacked boxes than Zeke. It would be interesting to know

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Lol he had mild symptoms, he was never hospitalized. Maybe, just maybe his injuries have gotten a little better

I don't know where you heard this.. He was quarantined for like two weeks and missed some OTAs because of it.. And he absolutely showed after effects throughout that 2020 season. He showed educed stamina, strength and concentration. He had to be subbed more than he ever had before, he fumbled more than he ever had before and he had more dropped passes than he ever had before. I don't think it would still be lingering now two years removed.. but who knows.. That damn disease is nasty man.. There have absolutely been people who have reported effects long after they had "recovered." The most insidious of those effects being reduced lung capacity owing to permanent lung damage and ongoing brain fog.. probably owing to not enough oxygen reaching the brain for the same reason.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Neither Zeke or Pollard would look good consistently over the long-haul without each other. They provide a good one two punch and help keep fuel in each others tank. Zeke played well today which is why he gets plenty of opportunities. Some fans want Pollard to get most of the load, but today showed why he doesn’t. The Cowboys need them both.

jwitten82

Reaction score
I don't know where you heard this.. He was quarantined for like two weeks and missed some OTAs because of it.. And he absolutely showed after effects throughout that 2020 season. He showed educed stamina, strength and concentration. He had to be subbed more than he ever had before, he fumbled more than he ever had before and he had more dropped passes than he ever had before. I don't think it would still be lingering now two years removed.. but who knows.. That damn disease is nasty man.. There have absolutely been people who have reported effects long after they had "recovered." The most insidious of those effects being reduced lung capacity owing to permanent lung damage and ongoing brain fog.. probably owing to not enough oxygen reaching the brain for the same reason.
Zeke said it himself they were mild. He was quarantined for two weeks because that was the protocol at the time

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Run blocking wasn't an issue today. Maybe the Giants played the run more when Pollard was in,Maybe later in the week we can find if Pollard faces more stacked boxes than Zeke. It would be interesting to know

I don't know man.. The Cowboys probably went at least two tight end personnel on at least 70% of their offensive snaps today regardless of who was in the backfield. I also think the stacked boxes thing is overblown. A team can outnumber your blockers just by walking the linebackers up into the gaps and/or the ends and never have to "stack" the box.

kskboys

Reaction score
Possibly. The lung issues can carry on for a long time.

Of course they've gotten better. Why wouldn't they?

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Zeke said it himself they were mild. He was quarantined for two weeks because that was the protocol at the time

That just makes him like most of the world not fully cognizant of what the hell that thing was doing to his body. Any of us who watched him that 2020 season could see he was not himself all year.

NumOneQB

Reaction score
Zeke still has good vision, quickness, and power. He’s just lost that extra gear. Still a pretty good RB..

kskboys

Reaction score
That just makes him like most of the world not fully cognizant of what the hell that thing was doing to his body. Any of us who watched him that 2020 season could see he was not himself all year.
It's just so weird, not being able to understand facts due to agenda stuff. I truly don't get it.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Lol yea, his lung issues coincidentally cleared up after he also sat out two games..

Umm.. Zeke had a 6.2 ypc 80+ yard game with a TD against Philly and a 2 TD game against the Lions .. He was playing pretty well BEFORE he sat out.. and has just continued that since his return. Why does that seem to bother you?

jwitten82

Reaction score
Uhh so you're saying there wasn't mild of symptoms of this? There were plenty of people who had mild symptoms and maybe Zeke didn't look the same because of lack of opportunities, Dallas didn't run much that season, with Dak out we had to play catch up

jwitten82

Reaction score
Umm.. Zeke had a 6.2 ypc 80+ yard game with a TD against Philly and a 2 TD game against the Lions .. He was playing pretty well BEFORE he sat out.. and has just continued that since his return. Why does that seem to bother you?
I never said he didn't have good games