Tiger in the hunt at Masters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Wall to wall coverage of Tiger's victory despite NBA playoffs NHL playoffs and a bit more than a week to go before the NFL draft. I don't get it. It's still just freaking golf at the end of the day. We had several upsets in game ones of the NBA playoffs but all I see being talked about is Tiger. :huh:

What's there not to get? It's a better story than all those other things.

MojaveJT

Reaction score
Wall to wall coverage of Tiger's victory despite NBA playoffs NHL playoffs and a bit more than a week to go before the NFL draft. I don't get it. It's still just freaking golf at the end of the day. We had several upsets in game ones of the NBA playoffs but all I see being talked about is Tiger. :huh:

First round of both NBA and NHL in series of 7 games vs. one weekend of The Masters once a year and one of the greatest golfers of all time winning his 15th major through all his adversity? Uh it’s a no brainer.

It’s ok. You’re obviously not a golfer or into golf so I can see where you’re coming from.

This was one of the greatest weekends of golf I’ve seen in a LONG time. You missed out.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
First round of both NBA and NHL in series of 7 games vs. one weekend of The Masters once a year and one of the greatest golfers of all time winning his 15th major through all his adversity? Uh it’s a no brainer.

It’s ok. You’re obviously not a golfer or into golf so I can see where you’re coming from.

This was one of the greatest weekends of golf I’ve seen in a LONG time. You missed out.
I was watching free movies and GOT on HBO all weekend. Damn right I missed it. You could not pay me to watch a single round of golf.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
That’s because it’s one of the greatest comebacks in sports history. And one of the great moments at the sports greatest venue. Sports enthusiast and media realize the impact and historic significance.

TheBigEasy

Reaction score
I was watching free movies and GOT on HBO all weekend. Damn right I missed it. You could not pay me to watch a single round of golf.

Absolutely have no issue with you choosing to pass on watching the Masters. It's your life and you do as you wish. Saying that, I'd expect the same in return. There's no need to come in here and try to talk down at the people who watched it, at the people who are passionate about the sport and at the people who are a fan of Tiger. Unfortunately for you, you're missing out on one heck of a great sport and missing out on watching the career of one of the most dominant athletes to ever play a sport. Yesterday was one hell of a ride and I enjoyed every damn second of it.

TheBigEasy

Reaction score
Now that Woods is playing steadily, seriously thinking of making the trip to Pebble Beach in June. It’s a nice excuse to hit up central Cali :flagwave:

Heck bro...there was no need to even consider NOT going BEFORE Tiger took back control of GOAT status. Experiencing Pebble Beach is one thing, but experiencing it during a major championship...it's worthy of an *** kicking! :p It's a nice excuse to walk one of the greatest pieces of land in the world and, not to mention, it's a nice excuse to watch Tiger win #16! :oldcouple:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Really was glad to see Tiger win and shut critics and doubters up about his ability to come back and win a major. with 3 majors yet to be played yeah I expect to see Tiger in the thick of it

Doc50

Original Fan
Reaction score
Tiger had it all, then he screwed it up -- that story has been written too often.

Most thought the damage was irreparable, but he persevered and got it back -- we don't see that story often enough.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Heck bro...there was no need to even consider NOT going BEFORE Tiger took back control of GOAT status. Experiencing Pebble Beach is one thing, but experiencing it during a major championship...it's worthy of an *** kicking! :p It's a nice excuse to walk one of the greatest pieces of land in the world and, not to mention, it's a nice excuse to watch Tiger win #16! :oldcouple:

I used to live over there and know it well. There was no need for us to go back anytime soon until this :)

MojaveJT

Reaction score
Absolutely have no issue with you choosing to pass on watching the Masters. It's your life and you do as you wish. Saying that, I'd expect the same in return. There's no need to come in here and try to talk down at the people who watched it, at the people who are passionate about the sport and at the people who are a fan of Tiger. Unfortunately for you, you're missing out on one heck of a great sport and missing out on watching the career of one of the most dominant athletes to ever play a sport. Yesterday was one hell of a ride and I enjoyed every damn second of it.

X1000. Gotta love people who talk down on people that watch or play golf, then gloat about watching movies all day where you can watch that stuff over and over again.

Watching history as it unfolds live is something we can’t ever get back.

MojaveJT

Reaction score
I went to Friday's round. Awesome experience if you love golf.

Congrats to Tiger. He earned it. His shot on 16....... wow.....just wow.

I enter the drawing for tickets every year and still haven’t gotten them. Awesome that you got to go!

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Tiger had it all, then he screwed it up -- that story has been written too often.

Most thought the damage was irreparable, but he persevered and got it back -- we don't see that story often enough.

He screwed up his personal life 10 years, but that is not what has kept him from winning. The man could not get out of bed, let alone swing a golf club 2 years ago. That is why people were rooting for him. Nobody cares he overcame a divorce and the tabloid feeding frenzy that ensued. He overcame back issues that would leave most crippled.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I enter the drawing for tickets every year and still haven’t gotten them. Awesome that you got to go!

Yeah, I think the whole lottery system is rigged anyway. The odds of getting tickets are much worse than what they claim. Everything at Augusta is about who you know. Even the volunteer jobs are not things you can apply to do. You have to know somebody who can hook you up. I got lucky b/c a friend of mine knows a guy who inherited 2 badges and his wife didn't want to go. :grin:Technically, it is against club rules to sell the badges on the secondary market. If they catch you, you lose the badge forever.

Doc50

Original Fan
Reaction score
He screwed up his personal life 10 years, but that is not what has kept him from winning. The man could not get out of bed, let alone swing a golf club 2 years ago. That is why people were rooting for him. Nobody cares he overcame a divorce and the tabloid feeding frenzy that ensued. He overcame back issues that would leave most crippled.

His injuries were self-inflicted as well. He wanted to be the most athletic golfer of all time, so he became a gym rat, changed his body, which changed his swing, which lead to overcompensation and injuries.

Ego was his downfall.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
His injuries were self-inflicted as well. He wanted to be the most athletic golfer of all time, so he became a gym rat, changed his body, which changed his swing, which lead to overcompensation and injuries.

Ego was his downfall.

Back up. He originally changed his swing b/c of knee issues. All of the young top golfers are gym rats. Brooks Koepka is bigger and more muscular than Tiger ever was in his prime. All of Tiger's swing changes were to compensate for injury or improve accuracy. Fred Couples was also hobbled by back injuries and he's never lifted a weight in his life. They happen and its got little to do with ego.

Doc50

Original Fan
Reaction score
Back up. He originally changed his swing b/c of knee issues. All of the young top golfers are gym rats. Brooks Koepka is bigger and more muscular than Tiger ever was in his prime. All of Tiger's swing changes were to compensate for injury or improve accuracy. Fred Couples was also hobbled by back injuries and he's never lifted a weight in his life. They happen and its got little to do with ego.

Yes, in his prime, Tiger was thin; that's my point.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
He overcame back issues that would leave most crippled.

Most don't have millions of dollars to have multiple surgeries, the best doctors money can buy, the ability to have around the clock care, the best physical therapists and not "work" for a year or more to get back to health.

I'll give him props for perseverance, but most people don't have access to the care he got....

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Most don't have millions of dollars to have multiple surgeries, the best doctors money can buy, the ability to have around the clock care, the best physical therapists and not "work" for a year or more to get back to health.

I'll give him props for perseverance, but most people don't have access to the care he got....

True and even with all that to overcome to play at a world class level on the PGA afterwards is a major accomplishment and many who cover the sport never felt he would be able to return to championship level. Playing is one thing beating men half your age with great talent of their own and who have won PGA majors makes what Tiger did amazing

Status
Not open for further replies.